Opening Series: Rockies at Dbacks!

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night reminded me of last year - out-slugging a team to win.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last night reminded me of last year - out-slugging a team to win.

I didn't want to see that right away. I don't think it will be like last year. But it was a letdown of a start.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't want to see that right away. I don't think it will be like last year. But it was a letdown of a start.

It won't be. Our offense will be worse than last year. Especially with AJP out.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
COL SS Story HR in first three career games. Never been done before.

That is unreal. Never even heard of him til the opening day with his 2 bombs

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team won't be bad, I just don't think it will be good.

I'm sure a lot of series will give us hope and a lot, like this one, will deflate us. Such is the story of an average team. We will see.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Remember the days when you had a home uniform and an away uniform? Who needs a bazillion different combinations?
It's all about money. Not just the D-backs, but throughout the league. And the NBA as well.

The more different choices to display in the team shops, the more revenue for the team.

I think it also reflects indirectly on the short attention span of our times. A whole different perspective of sticking to choices.

Even though you and I lived the '50's and '60's, Brian, those days of baggy whites and baggy grays are long gone.

Personally, I like the various uniforms throughout the season. But I think they've gotten as carried away as they should. The problem is that no one knows where to draw the line.

Hopefully, the D-backs will never sink to the level of the Suns with their gray T-shirts and shorts. They look like a bunch of high school kids playing in a pro league. Talk about psyching out your players.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Hopefully, the D-backs will never sink to the level of the Suns with their gray T-shirts and shorts. They look like a bunch of high school kids playing in a pro league. Talk about psyching out your players.

No shorts, but a despise these gray uniforms. Reminds me of a janitor or maintenance worker.
You must be registered for see images attach

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
No shorts, but a despise these gray uniforms. Reminds me of a janitor or maintenance worker.
You must be registered for see images attach
Especially the dark gray pants with a red shirt. I think I mentioned in another post about how they look like my father when he got home from work and we had a catch.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in this team so far. Was looking forward to seeing them dominate the league but they are the ones getting dominated. Horrible way to start the season. 1 and 3? Yea I know there are 160+ games left but their top pitchers look like rookies.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in this team so far. Was looking forward to seeing them dominate the league but they are the ones getting dominated. Horrible way to start the season. 1 and 3? Yea I know there are 160+ games left but their top pitchers look like rookies.
I think it is way too early to react. Brand new chemistry. Losing Pollock.

I believe that once Grienke settles in, #2 and #3 will follow. Which will help the bullpen.

But I have no confidence in De La Rosa, despite his ongoing "potential". Or in Delgado as a reliever.

And Lamb and Owings still have to prove that they are Major Leaguers.

I was disappointed to see Ahmed's o-fer and strikeouts, after his great Spring Training and season's start. I hope it is not a repeat of last season when the spurts and disappointments led to a .226 average for the season, right in line with his .227 lifetime average.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Hey BC, I pretty much agree with your player assessments, so I was wondering what your thoughts are on Drury?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Hey BC, I pretty much agree with your player assessments, so I was wondering what your thoughts are on Drury?
It is interesting that you brought that up. I just don't think that Lamb is a solid enough hitter for a corner position at 3B. Especially with Tomas hitting not much more than singles in LF.

I would like to see Drury brought up to be the everyday 3B and see what he can do. I think his potential is much greater than Lamb's. I'm thinking in terms of extra base hits, not necessarily home runs.

Edit: Oops, Drury did make the roster as the 25th player. I would rather have seen him sent down to play everyday. He is starting today (Saturday), but a spot start is not going to help him develop. I hope that he has a good day to earn him a shot to be our everyday 3B.

That vicious circle of competition. You need to be good to become a regular (except in cases of injury or trade). But a rookie needs to play everyday to become good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort