On Topic: Cable is embarrassing Whis so far.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cardinals have one of the most overrated coaching staff in the NFL IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NMCard

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least the cards won. That is all that matters. The seahawks are going to win there game today also. The cards need to improve fast.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really take away the 2 gifts punts we gave back to them and Anderson's dumb INT and it's a different game.

The Chiefs offense beat the vaunted 49er defense almost entirely on scheme, and their defense stopped the offense because the scheme was so stupid, run middle, run middle, throw to the TE, punt. THe difference in that game was the coaching, the difference in our game was their FG kicker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals have the most overrated coaching staff in the NFL.

Good point, they're going to have to give back all those coaching awards they've been winning. And those fans that have been calling Whiz a moron are just going to have to get louder. I think the consensus on this board is that we have a bad DC and a weak Oline/OC and the Whiz trashing is pretty consistent. It's hard to believe that on top of that, they're overrated.

In Whiz, I still trust (mostly).

Steve

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking it was not smart to call for a booth review of the pass in the 4th quarter? Apart from the fact that the camera views did not show the ball hitting the ground, there was a penalty against the Cardinals so that would have been enforced if the pass was ruled incomplete. And time outs are precious things to have.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking it was not smart to call for a booth review of the pass in the 4th quarter? Apart from the fact that the camera views did not show the ball hitting the ground, there was a penalty against the Cardinals so that would have been enforced if the pass was ruled incomplete. And time outs are precious things to have.

He was worrying about yardage, the penalty was going to be less yards.

They didn't have a good angle on the replay I didn't think he caught it either but on replay you couldn't see.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Whiz isn't the problem. Warner left us with nothing at QB!!! When he finds us our QBOTF, everything will be better. Whiz also doesn't play ST or call the plays on defense either.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good point, they're going to have to give back all those coaching awards they've been winning. And those fans that have been calling Whiz a moron are just going to have to get louder. I think the consensus on this board is that we have a bad DC and a weak Oline/OC and the Whiz trashing is pretty consistent. It's hard to believe that on top of that, they're overrated.

In Whiz, I still trust (mostly).

Steve
I like Wiz and always wanted him here. Yet there still seems to be the same stupid penalties made week in and week out. How many personal foul penalties did you see today that crippled this team? How many bungled punts? I'm not saying Wiz is a moron because he's not. I think he is a good HC, who got the most out of a very talented roster when he got here.

Now a lot of those core players are gone and replaced with unproven players. This team has looked lost, sloppy and uninspired. At some point that has to come back on the coaching staff. Personnel decisions also come back to Wiz and right now they are not working, swinging and missing big time on draft picks is not helping either.

Although I believe Wiz is the best man for this job and hope he stays for a while it is no longer "In Wiz I trust" for me, but In Wiz I hope. I stand by my statements. This coaching staff gets a lot of love from the media and starting from the playoff run last year to now I am not impressed. Denny Green's guys are gone now for the most part replaced by Wiz's players. I hope it works out, but this 2010 team looks as bad as any Cardinals team I have seen in a while.

Last edited:

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I like Wiz and always wanted him here. Yet there still seems to be the same stupid penalties made week in and week out. How many personal foul penalties did you see today that crippled this team? How many bungled punts? I'm not saying Wiz is a moron because he's not. I think he is a good HC, who got the most out of a very talented roster when he got here.

Now a lot of those core players are gone and replaced with unproven players. This team has looked lost, sloppy and uninspired. At some point that has to come back on the coaching staff. Personnel decisions also come back to Wiz and right now they are not working, swinging and missing big time on draft picks is not helping either.

Although I believe Wiz is the best man for this job and hope he stays for a while it is no longer "In Wiz I trust" for me, but In Wiz I hope. I stand by my statements. This coaching staff gets a lot of love from the media and starting from the playoff run last year to now I am not impressed. Denny Green's guys are gone now for the most part replaced by Wiz's players. I hope it works out, but this 2010 team looks as bad as any Cardinals team I have seen in a while.

This is very fair. They do look bad and yet they are 2-1. DA is a bad Qb but he also has a bad line to go behind. Defense is mostly MIA in the games so far and with penalties we are damn lucky to be 2-1. We are not a playoff team for sure and with so much turnover and marginal replacements it may be awhile for us to get back to the playoffs. We will see if the wheels come off next week all together because I do not believe the coaches, the players, or the fans think this is a good football team. Lucky to be in the West and need a lot of help. I expect an ATL style thrashing the next 2 weeks and we will be gasping for breath. They have shown very little heart except they have 2 wins to build on. Not much more to say except In Whis I do not trust. Never have.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whiz isn't the problem. Warner left us with nothing at QB!!! When he finds us our QBOTF, everything will be better. Whiz also doesn't play ST or call the plays on defense either.

If anything, the fact we are 2-1 with this $hit team, makes Whiz look even better. The QB position is an absolute must in the NFL. Boy, do we need one!! DA is absolutely HORRID! I can barely watch this team right now, it's that painful. I refuse to believe that Leinart could be worse than what I've seen the last 3 weeks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I read your post and I have to tell you, I'd really like to disagree with you. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can. I don't really hear them touted all that much and that prompted my earlier response to you but if you're hearing them rated highly I can understand your comments. I still trust Whiz but I'd trust him a lot more if he replaced both coordinators.

Steve

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I read your post and I have to tell you, I'd really like to disagree with you. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can. I don't really hear them touted all that much and that prompted my earlier response to you but if you're hearing them rated highly I can understand your comments. I still trust Whiz but I'd trust him a lot more if he replaced both coordinators.

Steve
No worries man. I used to have Sirius and Kirwin, Schein, Tim Ryan were/are very high on Whisenhunt. Schein still loves Wiz on Foxsports and I have heard the networks praise him as well. Even though they are so critical of the Cards, they are not as critical of the coaching staff.

I'm just upset because since he started winning I think we all expected a better product than what we are seeing. We were promised a tough, physical, disciplined, smashmouth team and in this year we are seeing a soft, undisciplined, team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson