Official UFC/MMA Thread

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Here is a televised fight I judged. If you watch it tell me what you think about the decision. For the record my scorecard is read last and determines the winner. (Judge Rogers) I am the big guy with the grey beard for those of you who don't know me. Black suit with a red tie. I have not re-watched the fight, so I am interested in your thoughts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a televised fight I judged. If you watch it tell me what you think about the decision. For the record my scorecard is read last and determines the winner. (Judge Rogers) I am the big guy with the grey beard for those of you who don't know me. Black suit with a red tie. I have not re-watched the fight, so I am interested in your thoughts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
A couple of things. The fighters had opposite color trunks and gloves which really threw me off. The TV feed should have gone by their trunks color than gloves.

I'd also like to know how you are supposed to judge things like takedowns where the fighter isn't controlled. Do they have to maintain control like in the UFC in order for to be considered a takedown? Schiro had a few of thise.

This was a really close fight and only round 2 was an easy call IMO.

I would have scored it and did score it before watching the total
29-28 Quinlan The judge that gave the 30-27 Schiro was on something. He clearly didn't win R2.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
A couple of things. The fighters had opposite color trunks and gloves which really threw me off. The TV feed should have gone by their trunks color than gloves.

I'd also like to know how you are supposed to judge things like takedowns where the fighter isn't controlled. Do they have to maintain control like in the UFC in order for to be considered a takedown? Schiro had a few of thise.

This was a really close fight and only round 2 was an easy call IMO.

I would have scored it and did score it before watching the total
29-28 Quinlan The judge that gave the 30-27 Schiro was on something. He clearly didn't win R2.
So to answer your question first a takedown in an of itself is not anything special if they don't achieve control after it. It also doesn't mean much if they don't improve their position. If they do and are attempting submissions or landing punches. They are winning the round. If the fighter on the bottom is landing shots and attempting submissions then that takedown isn't worth anything.

On the 30-27 card that was for Quinlan. One judge had it 29-28 Schiro and I scored it 29-28 Quinlan.

Hope that helps. If not we can continue this conversation. Or if you have other questions.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Furthermore we 3 judges discussed this fight afterwards and folks have to remember we all have different views and different perspectives. I would not argue with anyone who saw that fight 29-28 Schiro either. my own son said I got it wrong. He was 29-28 Schiro too.

It was a good and close fight. I just was hoping to get some opinions. I didn't even know we had an MMA forum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose