Official Kliff Kingsbury press conference 01/09/19

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any key talking points from radio?
One thing I took from it was when asked about naysayers as they point to his losing record he responded, “ I use that as motivation”. Stated there would be doubt and questions no matter who got hired

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
The one thing I picked up on was he starts off answering every question with "yeah!"

That make for a great drinking game. Yeah...:beer:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Liked that he's been a long-time fan of Jake Plummer as well as Kurt Warner...and is very close to Carson Palmer. Huge respect to Pat Tillman as well - Kliff's dad was a Marine.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So what I gather from that is the OC and DC will have NFL experience. Keim is probably going to have more control on the DC hire than the coach is (which I am ok with) due to his experience and relationships throughout the league.

Supposedly there are some coaches on playoff teams they still want to talk to so it may be a while before we hear anything.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So what I gather from that is the OC and DC will have NFL experience. Keim is probably going to have more control on the DC hire than the coach is (which I am ok with) due to his experience and relationships throughout the league.

Supposedly there are some coaches on playoff teams they still want to talk to so it may be a while before we hear anything.

Smart

KK already showing intelligence/ability to survive in NFL. He wants to hire NFL OC to help "mesh" his offense with elements of a traditional system.

We all agree that a DC (with HC experience) is a must.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Can anyone think of any position coaches on playoff teams that were coordinators recently?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I noticed Mike and Steve BOTH avoided the ? asking about KK's losing record and why they hired him with that on his resume. Shoot ...Mike even smiled and backed away from the table....looked over to the press guy to tell him 'next question' take the mic.
I would have liked them to ask the question 'What qualities as a head coach do you think are your strongest?'

Very little was asked as to his strategy

KK was on Sirius NFL Radio about an hour ago...didn't listen to it, but they'd be much better to listen to as they get into the X's and O's. Hope I can find it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur press conference...:lame:

That was bad in comparison...he seems over his head.

Also - CEO Mike Murphy shut up dude. You are clueless.

That seemed totally bush league and I respect the Packers.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Who cares about press conference rhetoric?

I’m sure many were impressed with Wilks after his presser.

Thing I liked about Kingsbury is that he seemed pretty cool and unflappable. Seemed realistic.

Didn’t like the laundry lust of past Cards greats to “endear” him to the fan base. That was coached.

Reaction score
Watched the “Talking Heads” on ESPN2 discuss the press conference. For the most part their comments were positive....especially the hiring of an experienced NFL DC.

The only negative comments in excess cane from the female who had ad nauseum talked about his losing TT record. She finished her diatribe by chastising Josh Rosen for not backing Wilks. Hmmmmmmm.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is Steve Keim's show. Kingsbury has the lead role. End.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Eff yeah! Leverage the pass rush personnel we already have and play man in the backend. Woo Hoo!!!

What I liked about Keim's statement on that was not only mentioning 3-4, but the why...said because they have the edge personnel to allow man/2 deep coverage.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I liked about Keim's statement on that was not only mentioning 3-4, but the why...said because they have the edge personnel to allow man/2 deep coverage.
It feels more and more Wilks oversold his defensive skills and then they had to play real games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose