Official 2007 NCAA March Madness Thread

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
CBS screwed up.. I'm watching the Southern Illinois- Holy Cross game, they said Chris Lowery replaced Bruce Weber which is incorrect.

Lowery replaced Matt Painter, who replaced Weber. Damn minor details, I know but still..

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I missed the first round but i'll be watching the next one. Do any of you know what games at what time will be televised here tomorrow? I couldn't find it.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I miss Kruger. :( I was rooting for him though and it's nice to see him reach the Sweet 16.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man did SC lay waste to Texas. I had Texas going quite a long ways just on the Carmelo one and done factory by durant. SC had a great gameplan, just let Durant have any jumpshot he wanted, but double him inside, and Pruitt just dominated Augustin all day (of what I saw, again CBS switched games on us).

Offensively SC got any shot they wanted, Texas is young and they play no defense at all. Barnes is a great recruiter but he just lets them run up and down the court and SC is much more disciplined under Floyd than they were under Bibby.

SC beat UNC last year, SC is better this year but of course so is UNC. The key will be if Gibson can stay out of foul trouble against that frontline. If you noticed on the opening jump, Gibson is 2 inches shorter than Durant so he's closer to 6'7" than 6'8", he's going to have his hands full with Hansbrough and Wright. But Floyd is one of the few coaches who will change his lineup, you can bet Hackett won't start, probably go with Cromwell or Wilkinson to get bigger.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Count me among those who is very impressed with how Tim Floyd got very talented Bibby guys to buy into his system. Too bad he's so shady or else I'd take a rooting interest in them.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pac 10 has had an excellent showing in this tournament. They are tied with the SEC for most teams in the Sweet 16 - three.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pac 10 has had an excellent showing in this tournament. They are tied with the SEC for most teams in the Sweet 16 - three.

Yep and WSU came very close to making it 4 in the 16. The ACC has only one team left.

The conference that has surprised me oddly is the Big 10, even the losses have been competitive.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep and WSU came very close to making it 4 in the 16. The ACC has only one team left.

The conference that has surprised me oddly is the Big 10, even the losses have been competitive.

Yeah, I'll admit that I totally underestimated Purdue. Still, only Ohio St. is in the sweet 16 and they were the luckiest of all 16.

It's kind of weird that SEC basketball continues to be pretty much ignored during the regular season (compared to Big East, ACC and Big Ten), but shows better than just about any other conference in the tournament year after year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaking Texas....I had them in the final four.

So did I in one of my pools, might have been the ASFN one.

They just didn't play any defense and USC scouted them really well and took away Augustin completely.

Great job by USC complete game start to finish.

Boy has Oregon lucked out so far in who they've played but I think UNLV is a lot better than anybody(including me) realized.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sasha Khan. Sasha Khan.

I feel for you...I think I love you.

Sasha Khan...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Games are underway!!

Kansas 19
SIU 13
7:24 1st

Memphis 13
Texas A & M 10
14:30 1st

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SIU up 3 early 2nd half, A&M up 3 (?) at the half. So far I was right
about tonight's games being really close.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard