Offensive Line Rankings

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/04/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-9/

A few thoughts here: Nice change to see this where it is, and, the last comment gives some rationale why the team went OT in round 1 (whether DJ was the right guy or not, who knows) Finally -- at the link, Seattle has a terrible rating

9. Arizona Cardinals (11th)
Pass blocking rank: 20th

Run blocking rank: 4th

Penalties rank: 13th

Stud: The Cardinals brought Mike Iupati (84.3) in to inject some life into their running game. Mission accomplished.

Dud: If there’s one area that has proven problematic in Arizona, it’s at right tackle. Bobby Massie (45.0) has had some problems since returning to the lineup, earning negative grades in pass protection the past five weeks.

Summary: The much-improved Cardinals’ line is spearheaded by the fantastic left-side combo of Iupati and Jared Veldheer (83.2). Outside of that, it’s still a world away from the Arizona lines of recent years, with no real liabilities.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
5. New Orleans Saints (8th)
Dud: They’re a better team when Senio Kelemete (49.9) isn’t starting.

Well there's a name from the past. I wouldn't have expected him to still be in the league.

I was surprised to see Cleveland still ranked at the top - 2nd. That's a good sign for our defense. Sure they didn't get sacks. But they abused the hell out of McCown in the 2nd half. That offense couldn't get anything going.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I haven't seen him play much this year but I'm skeptical of any ranking that says Richie Incognito is the best guard in the NFL this year.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Offensive lineman are some of the nastiest in the trenches dudes you can find. They just don't get any press typically.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's always been a pretty good guard. Just a terrible person.

I don't think he has been, I think he's been one of those guys who survives on being dirty and was usually one of the weaker links on the OL.

I think teams like that he's tough. Dobler was a similar style of player but he was also one of the better G's in the NFL at the time. Everyone hated him but they also all conceded he was good, you don't really see that with Incognito.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/04/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-9/

A few thoughts here: Nice change to see this where it is, and, the last comment gives some rationale why the team went OT in round 1 (whether DJ was the right guy or not, who knows) Finally -- at the link, Seattle has a terrible rating

9. Arizona Cardinals (11th)
Pass blocking rank: 20th

Run blocking rank: 4th

Penalties rank: 13th

Stud: The Cardinals brought Mike Iupati (84.3) in to inject some life into their running game. Mission accomplished.

Dud: If there’s one area that has proven problematic in Arizona, it’s at right tackle. Bobby Massie (45.0) has had some problems since returning to the lineup, earning negative grades in pass protection the past five weeks.

Summary: The much-improved Cardinals’ line is spearheaded by the fantastic left-side combo of Iupati and Jared Veldheer (83.2). Outside of that, it’s still a world away from the Arizona lines of recent years, with no real liabilities.

I would really like to know how teams are graded out on things like these? Without knowing the playbook and blocking schemes/assignments, it seems like they are just like us a fans making an assumption on who was supposed to block who, and then blame it on Bobby Massie. :D

CardinalMan

Reaction score
Posting to increase my post count - to get by this totally inane rule about needing 20 posts to post a link.

CardinalMan

Reaction score
Ability to post a link can bring useful information to Cardinal fans and make this board more valuable. What are the rule makers thinking?

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ability to post a link can bring useful information to Cardinal fans and make this board more valuable. What are the rule makers thinking?

That spammers would come in and post links to their scam sites without it. It's a fairly common rule on message boards for that very reason.

CardinalMan

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]This ranking looks suspect to me. Run Blocking OK. Penalties OK. Pass Blocking 20th??. Arizona is ranked 4 in QB sacks allowed. You can a pick whatever characteristics you want for weighting - and you can make up any ranking you like.

Bottom line or outcome numbers like QB sacks allowed should be heavily weighted.

I wanted to post a link but can't yet.

[/FONT]

CardinalMan

Reaction score
That spammers would come in and post links to their scam sites without it. It's a fairly common rule on message boards for that very reason.

I understand. But not too common maybe, because I have been able to post links on other BBs -although not on Football BBs. I haven't tried to post a link on other Team BBS but have been able to post messages.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]This ranking looks suspect to me. Run Blocking OK. Penalties OK. Pass Blocking 20th??. Arizona is ranked 4 in QB sacks allowed. You can a pick whatever characteristics you want for weighting - and you can make up any ranking you like.

Bottom line or outcome numbers like QB sacks allowed should be heavily weighted.

I wanted to post a link but can't yet.

[/FONT]

I'm confused it says you have 21 posts now so you should be able to post links if the rule is 20?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98