O/T Joe Gibbs--Redskins--started 0-5.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NOT willing to lay all this on Coach Wilks at this point. Just sayin' that a new coach needs time. ...And Gibbs went on to become one of the all-time best coaches in the NFL. ...And let me add...Don Coryell was 4-9-1 his 1st year with the Cards. The 2nd year they started to make some noise.

Mark in SC :)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Needs time? No two games is enough. Everybody needs to be fired. This is the lowest of the low

:)

Thank god the Cardinals didn't listen to this board when we let Ray Horton go and Todd Bowles defense struggled early on. Good lord that was nasty here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not out on Wilks, he deserves more time, but I'm out of McCoy, he has a strong track record of being lousy.

And I'm out on Bradford too. The guy isn't good, he's never been good. He's made a career out of not doing anything embarrassing.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coryell's first 2 games:

W-34-23
W-34-27

Joe Gibbs' first 2 games:

L-26-10
L-17-7

Big differences are, Bradford is neither Jim Hart or Joe Theisman.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't see many calling for Wilks to be fired, which would be ridiculous, but they look very bad. We'll see if he makes the necessary adjustments.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too early to fire him even if we have been spectators of 2 of the worst performances ever by a cardinals team

Whats worry me mostly is the lack of personality he displays on Sunday, totally lost, doesn't have idea what adjustments to make, also the poorly interviews he has after match shows how is hard for him to handle negative situations
I also think he is a type of coach he prefers to sink with his officers instead of making the changes required which can fix in part the problems and save the ship

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm upset but not calling for Wilks to be fired. I would give him the full season. I'm more concerned about Bradford starting and OC McCoy's play calling.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I want to add that I wonder how many of our starting LBs would start for other teams. Same for WR.

We are so, so bad at those two positions, that its crippling the defensive and offensive units as a whole. It's hard for me to be critical of the coaches when they were given so little to work with at those two positions.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would give Wilks a mulligan if he can correct his OC faux pas (maybe that decision was made for him). The defense is up to the GM to fix to bring in players who fit unless Wilks decides to go back to 3-4 this season and implement new system when he can get guys who can play well in it.

I will say maybe this offseason should be the year ARZ makes McDonough a GM.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
NOT willing to lay all this on Coach Wilks at this point. Just sayin' that a new coach needs time. ...And Gibbs went on to become one of the all-time best coaches in the NFL. ...And let me add...Don Coryell was 4-9-1 his 1st year with the Cards. The 2nd year they started to make some noise.

Wilks aint no Joe Gibbs - I’m not talking just these 2 games - the coach Never had an offense in mind when we hired him - will see what happens aint no plan. I was hopefull because he said we would run more and be more balanced- but we haven’t, cause we’re starting out 20+ points in the hole. Just doesn’t seem to hav3 a clue as a hc.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The blame is with Wilks. His lack of preparation in taking the position and failing to demand for the pieces to execute his defense are the reason we are in this mess. I don't believe in firing coaches during the season, but I do believe that people normally put their best foot forward early. If this is our first date with Wilks so to speak, I don't see a reason to believe that things will get better in the future.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would give Wilks a mulligan if he can correct his OC faux pas (maybe that decision was made for him). The defense is up to the GM to fix to bring in players who fit unless Wilks decides to go back to 3-4 this season and implement new system when he can get guys who can play well in it.

I will say maybe this offseason should be the year ARZ makes McDonough a GM.

Would love for them to go back to 3-4 but we all know that won't happen this year. Hopefully the D can get comfortable with the 4-3 and start making plays. I don't see that happening for another 3 or 4 games(if at all).

Bradford looks scared out there. I don't understand it really. Before he got injured last year, he played pretty well. He looks like a totally different person out there then last year.

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wilkes plain and simple is obviously NOT a good head coach. This team is completely lost and after watching interviews with Wilkes.... He is at the top of the list! To say that the players he ran out on the field are not his fault is ridiculous. These players are missing assignments on almost every play. That is coaching!!!!
Unfortunately we are stuck with this staff for the entire season. In a way it is good though, as time will fully expose there lack of coaching ability.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to add that I wonder how many of our starting LBs would start for other teams. Same for WR.

We are so, so bad at those two positions, that its crippling the defensive and offensive units as a whole. It's hard for me to be critical of the coaches when they were given so little to work with at those two positions.

This reflects on the GM who already had a rough off season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't see many calling for Wilks to be fired, which would be ridiculous, but they look very bad. We'll see if he makes the necessary adjustments.

It's very strange that so many people equate comments about Wilks' poor initial showing (like, point to one game-day decision--or prep week decision!--that stands out) to calls for his termination.

My POV has been that Arians is an exceptional coach, and that the people who said that Wilks would probably be better than Arians were fooling themselves. Now, it seems that Wilks can't or won't adapt his scheme to suit his personnel (remember that?), and offers little to no tactical game-day advantage.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score

Maybe, but Marty Mornhinweg lost his first three games by a score of 87-20, which frankly, feels about where we will be after this coming weekend.

Go Cards!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard