Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday Playoff game thread 6-9-2021 - Game 2

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig getting out on the break for the lob dunk.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns really need Saric to step up this season. He is a wildcard. If he starts playing well it raises the Suns ceiling and how far they can advance.

I’d like Cam to step up as well.

Saric walks injured, has a slight limp like his left hip or back is hurting. We can use him in sparring minutes. I did like him being physical with Milsap.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns offense must be exhausting to opponents.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

one of the things I love that Craig brings to the team is the THUNDER DUNK. Those can be great exclamation points and demoralizing moments that get the crowd and team fired up that seemed to be the one thing missing from this club (well, besides a PF/backup C).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like Cam to step up as well.

Saric walks injured, has a slight limp like his left hip or back is hurting. We can use him in sparring minutes. I did like him being physical with Milsap.

I didn't notice but this may be why Saric is playing limited minutes. He can bang and rebound down low like none of the other reserves excel except Craig.

Kaminsky is good for spot minutes off the bench but he is limited.

Although Cam Johnson can play power forward for the Suns but until his body develops further, he is more of a small forward. Johnson can defend but we need him to me more of an offensive threat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Nikola Jokic has won NBA MVP.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't notice but this may be why Saric is playing limited minutes. He can bang and rebound down low like none of the other reserves excel except Craig.

Kaminsky is good for spot minutes off the bench but he is limited.

Although Cam Johnson can play power forward for the Suns but until his body develops further, he is more of a small forward. Johnson can defend but we need him to me more of an offensive threat.

I was hoping Cam would add to the bulk he put on between last season and the bubble. I believe he put on around 10-15 pounds of muscle. If he can do.that.again then I think he'll be a legit stretch 4. That's easier said than done though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Cam would add to the bulk he put on between last season and the bubble. I believe he put on around 10-15 pounds of muscle. If he can do.that.again then I think he'll be a legit stretch 4. That's easier said than done though.

I thought Cam Johnson had put on some muscle as well but it's not showing at 6'8", 210 pounds. His future may be at small forward.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam definitely has added muscle, he looks big compared to our other wings out there, not only body/frame but height.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam definitely has added muscle, he looks big compared to our other wings out there, not only body/frame but height.

he’s like Fletch... 6’5, with the Afro 6’9!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But at least we drafted TJ Warren and Bogdan Bogdanovic before Jokic

A lot of teams missed on Jokic not that it's an excuse. The Suns had three first round picks in the 2014 draft. Tyler Ennis was the bigger miss.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns really need Saric to step up this season. He is a wildcard. If he starts playing well it raises the Suns ceiling and how far they can advance.

Dario against Blake Griffin will be an interesting match-up. A couple of ol’ wiley vets.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of teams missed on Jokic not that it's an excuse. The Suns had three first round picks in the 2014 draft. Tyler Ennis was the bigger miss.

I remember Denver had Nurkic and Jokic and needed to trade one. Nurkic went to Portland and saved their season, they were below 500 when they added him and they finished the year in the playoffs. He really broke out and people second guessed whether Denver made the right move or not since they missed the postseason.

It takes time and opportunity for a player to breakout. I can't blame anyone for passing on Jokic. We did draft well that year also so its not like we walked away with Bender and Chriss.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember Denver had Nurkic and Jokic and needed to trade one. Nurkic went to Portland and saved their season, they were below 500 when they added him and they finished the year in the playoffs. He really broke out and people second guessed whether Denver made the right move or not since they missed the postseason.

It takes time and opportunity for a player to breakout. I can't blame anyone for passing on Jokic. We did draft well that year also so its not like we walked away with Bender and Chriss.

Trading Jusuf Nurkic and a first round pick for Mason Plumlee was a puzzler for me. I thought Nurkic had more value and they could get a better trade.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dario against Blake Griffin will be an interesting match-up. A couple of ol’ wiley vets.

Saric plays like a clumsy old man and is on his third team, but he entered the league the year after Booker did. Calling him a veteran renders the term kind of meaningless.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric plays like a clumsy old man and is on his third team, but he entered the league the year after Booker did. Calling him a veteran renders the term kind of meaningless.

To be fair, Saric played professionally in Europe before coming to the NBA and was drafted a year before Booker even though he debuted after him. He is 2 years older than Booker as well.

I think he's right at the point of being considered a veteran journeyman but a veteran nonetheless.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Malone’s, Green’s, and Gordon’s comments, if I’m Monty, I engage in some gamesmanship. I think I say something like:

“Man, they thought they played soft? Books lip was busted and Gordon beat him up all day long and saric was constantly on the ground. And that’s them playing soft? We just got out of a series that was chippy. Wasn’t good for the nba to have all those flagrant fouls and technicals. I trust the officials to not let the game outta hand if the nuggets are intent on showing everyone they’re not soft. That could be dangerous.”

I loved that we weren't getting Lakered out there last night. The refs missed some calls both ways but when we started being aggressive they allowed us to play our style of game. We can't let Malone work the refs like that without pushing back a little.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The Suns tired Jokic by running him on defense. Nice job Monty. It makes a lot of sense.

Will be interesting to see how Denver reacts. They could try to play more drop coverage to save Jokic's legs a bit but that opens up the midrange for Booker/CP3. Interesting dilemma.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how Denver reacts. They could try to play more drop coverage to save Jokic's legs a bit but that opens up the midrange for Booker/CP3. Interesting dilemma.

We will see changes for sure. I don't think we will see Jokic trapping outside much.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just need to keep forcing our will on them they are not equipped to beat us if we play our game. The only reason was close early is they were hitting all their shots and we played the half like crap and were down only 1 point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson