Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday Playoff game thread 6-9-2021 - Game 2

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric thanks fans. We thank you. Just relax and play your game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denver media puts out a lot of stuff. I'd like to see a replay where MPJ tweaked it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see more Mikal Bridges mid-range shot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i think this could be a great adjustment. Said before the series that this is actually a matchup Dario could take advatange of if he had ANY game left in him. At the very worst, he should be fresh and well rested at this point. If he’s able to contribute and that second unit becomes like it did during mid-season, this thing might be over in 5.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking we got an extra pumped Gordon because of him being back in Arizona.... even though he had a short stay at u of eh.

I expect to see a heavy dose of Gordon in this next game on both ends of the court.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect to see a heavy dose of Gordon in this next game on both ends of the court.
That's what I was sensing in the fourth quarter. If he is a matchup nightmare for Booker then it's not a bad idea. But I think the Suns are likely aware and will adjust if needed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I was sensing in the fourth quarter. If he is a matchup nightmare for Booker then it's not a bad idea. But I think the Suns are likely aware and will adjust if needed.

If Aaron Gordon can guard Devin Booker one-on-one that's tough not that the Suns can't free him for shots but that means the Nuggets don't have to double team him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Aaron Gordon can guard Devin Booker one-on-one that's tough not that the Suns can't free him for shots but that means the Nuggets don't have to double team him.

Book struggled against a tough Lakers team for a couple games until he figured out how to destroy it. I think he’s an elite enough scorer to figure it out against Gordon as well and already had one game that’s a W in the books towards that end.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With Malone’s, Green’s, and Gordon’s comments, if I’m Monty, I engage in some gamesmanship. I think I say something like:

“Man, they thought they played soft? Books lip was busted and Gordon beat him up all day long and saric was constantly on the ground. And that’s them playing soft? We just got out of a series that was chippy. Wasn’t good for the nba to have all those flagrant fouls and technicals. I trust the officials to not let the game outta hand if the nuggets are intent on showing everyone they’re not soft. That could be dangerous.”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book struggled against a tough Lakers team for a couple games until he figured out how to destroy it. I think he’s an elite enough scorer to figure it out against Gordon as well and already had one game that’s a W in the books towards that end.

Devin will get his points but when the Nuggets don't double Booker they can stay home on other players. Hopefully the Suns can figure it out but Gordon moves so well for a big man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he looked completely gassed at the end of the game.

Jokic had one game against Portland where he only scored 16 and then he bounced right back so I'm not going to get too excited.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns tired Jokic by running him on defense. Nice job Monty. It makes a lot of sense.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was a two day break in the Lakers series between games three and four.

No such luck in this series unless it goes seven games.

There is a day two day break between games six and seven if the series goes that long.

We will get a nice break after we wrap up the series in 5 and the Clippers / Jazz goes to 7 :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to compliment the Denver media. They get out and run with their sports coverage.

I'm beginning to feel fatigued like Jokic. ;)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dismiss Suns role players at your own peril... and the Nuggets should know, they have relied on role players all season.

Yeah, the suns are without a doubt at their best when they spread the ball around.

Honestly if I was coaching against the Suns, I would almost want to encourage booker to try and do everything himself.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the suns are without a doubt at their best when they spread the ball around.

Honestly if I was coaching against the Suns, I would almost want to encourage booker to try and do everything himself.

I see you have watched the Suns a lot.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think this could be a great adjustment. Said before the series that this is actually a matchup Dario could take advatange of if he had ANY game left in him. At the very worst, he should be fresh and well rested at this point. If he’s able to contribute and that second unit becomes like it did during mid-season, this thing might be over in 5.

You have far far more confidence in Dario than I do. I don't ever want him on the floor again. Really hoping we can somehow dump him this offseason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns tired Jokic by running him on defense. Nice job Monty. It makes a lot of sense.

Yup that’s a benefit of bringing Ayton out on the high screen. Jokic is running all over the place on defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have far far more confidence in Dario than I do. I don't ever want him on the floor again. Really hoping we can somehow dump him this offseason.

The Suns really need Saric to step up this season. He is a wildcard. If he starts playing well it raises the Suns ceiling and how far they can advance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup that’s a benefit of bringing Ayton out on the high screen. Jokic is running all over the place on defense.

That was awesome. The Suns had Jokic running everywhere and then he had to guard Ayton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose