Now to the 2 4th round picks

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we are taking a RB at this point...would rather have Darius Anderson from TCU in 6th/7th/FA.
Meh, I think we need a true contributor, and an effective tryout for the starting role in 2021. Benjamin seems like one of the last remaining with upside. Guys that go off the board as late as you're talking almost never contribute.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh, I think we need a true contributor, and an effective tryout for the starting role in 2021. Benjamin seems like one of the last remaining with upside. Guys that go off the board as late as you're talking almost never contribute.
Darius has upside.

Glad I’m not the only one wanting him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Darius has upside.

Glad I’m not the only one wanting him.
Well, if he can be had as a UFA or in the 7th, why not draft both? We held 4 RBs entering the season last year.

I'm just very uncomfortable with 2021's RB situation. I don't think Edmonds can be counted on, and regardless of how I feel about Drake, giving a 27 year old RB a contract extension is generally a bad idea in the modern NFL. I'd love to audition someone younger so we don't enter Kyler's prime Super Bowl window either having to spend big at RB or draft one high.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, if he can be had as a UFA or in the 7th, why not draft both? We held 4 RBs entering the season last year.

I'm just very uncomfortable with 2021's RB situation. I don't think Edmonds can be counted on, and regardless of how I feel about Drake, giving a 27 year old RB a contract extension is generally a bad idea in the modern NFL. I'd love to audition someone younger so we don't enter Kyler's prime Super Bowl window either having to spend big at RB or draft one high.
I’m not the biggest Eno fan.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m not the biggest Eno fan.
I'll admit to bias here, he's one of the few players left I've seen a ton of, since I'm an ASU alum. When it gets into these later rounds, I don't watch enough college ball to always have an opinion on these guys. More like "I saw a play here or there."

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
DL
James Lynch - wouldn't be surprised to see Panthers take him right before our pick (Rhule loves him)
Leki Fotu - Dude is massive and would be good rotational guy for us (team captain)
  • Fotu had a medical red flag at combine. Not sure what it was or how far that will drop him
3-4 OLB
Curtis Weaver - Strong production but lacks athleticism (Marcus Golden?)
Bradlee Anae - See Weaver
Alton Robinson - Flashes big time plays but needs more development
Kenny Willekes - High motor player but limited moves...could develop

TE
Harrison Bryant - underrated IMO. He is a poor man's George Kittle with upside

OG
Hakeem Adenji - OT in college but really showed he could play G at Senior Bowl. Athletic and would provide solid depth with upside (Kugler)

OT
Prince Tega Wanogho - Very talented but raw prospect. Would be interesting to see if Kugler would take that risk. They would have to like him more than OT currently on roster.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my targets:

Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

Leki Fotu, DT, UTAH

Tevis Gibson, ED, Tulsa

Hunter Bryant, TE, Wash
Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I like Perine and maybe anae with our two picks in this round (if they’re available). I’d also like to see a flyer on another RB in round 6 or 7. Seems like they could play special teams and sometimes you find a late gem at RB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
OT
Prince Tega Wanogho - Very talented but raw prospect. Would be interesting to see if Kugler would take that risk. They would have to like him more than OT currently on roster.

one problem:

with DJ, Gilbert, Murray and Jones -- the Cards are out of OT roster spots

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Perine and maybe anae with our two picks in this round (if they’re available). I’d also like to see a flyer on another RB in round 6 or 7. Seems like they could play special teams and sometimes you find a late gem at RB.
Perine just runs with great vision and is bigger than any other back we have on the roster. I do not think his forty time was that fast but in clips I saw he's still able to pull away from people. He played behind a crap OL and the guy does not dance around and hits the hole which seems to fit our offense... and he can catch :)

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DL
James Lynch - wouldn't be surprised to see Panthers take him right before our pick (Rhule loves him)
Leki Fotu - Dude is massive and would be good rotational guy for us (team captain)
  • Fotu had a medical red flag at combine. Not sure what it was or how far that will drop him
3-4 OLB

TE

OG
Hakeem Adenji - OT in college but really showed he could play G at Senior Bowl. Athletic and would provide solid depth with upside (Kugler)

OT

TCF, can you tell me a little about Harrison Bryant? I don’t know a lot about him.

I don’t think Wanogho would be ready to start soon, but he has a lot of potential. I think it would be worth the shot.

Great point about Rhule and Lynch!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
DL
3-4 OLB

TE

OG

OT

Fotu sounds like a Keim/Cardinal pick if there ever was one and he would give us a nice rotation guy up front for a 3-4

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Perine also, he has some top end speed.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Perine just runs with great vision and is bigger than any other back we have on the roster. I do not think his forty time was that fast but in clips I saw he's still able to pull away from people. He played behind a crap OL and the guy does not dance around and hits the hole which seems to fit our offense... and he can catch :)
I've watched the kid for 3 yrs play my Kentucky Wildcats. You're right, he makes a decision & hits the hole hard (no sexual jokes please lol) unlike the DJ we just got rid of that for some reason forgot how to? Perine has top end speed, that's why he runs away from people.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
TCF, can you tell me a little about Harrison Bryant? I don’t know a lot about him.

Lower level of competition but they moved him all over the field. Inline, split out, motion, hback, etc. He is versatile in the passing game and I really like his blocking. I think he fits this offense very well.

Kittle was underrated coming out of Iowa because he was mostly a blocker in that offense. He was more dominant at blocking than Bryant but I see similar effort/technique. Kittle also seemed more dynamic (definitely faster) in the pass game but Bryant is good. I think he could have gone much higher if he would have played for a bigger program.

He does need to catch the ball better.

In the end, I see Bryant as a solid contributor in year 1 with the opportunity to be a quality starter in the future.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched the kid for 3 yrs play my Kentucky Wildcats. You're right, he makes a decision & hits the hole hard (no sexual jokes please lol) unlike the DJ we just got rid of that for some reason forgot how to? Perine has top end speed, that's why he runs away from people.
Did not impress me at senior bowl, but I’m going to take your word on him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is Harrison Bryant vs Ohio State this year. You can see him lined up all over the field and he made some nice plays (one vs Okudah IIRC 1/1 on the outside).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did not impress me at senior bowl, but I’m going to take your word on him.
He had to be accounted for on every play when my Cats played the Gators. He is dangerous, would be a nice pickup for us. Senior Bowls are just like the McDonald's All American basketball games imo. It's an all star game with players showing off "me me me" the whole time. It is more of a team game in football but still, I take the whole career seeing a player over one all star game.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lower level of competition but they moved him all over the field. Inline, split out, motion, hback, etc. He is versatile in the passing game and I really like his blocking. I think he fits this offense very well.

Kittle was underrated coming out of Iowa because he was mostly a blocker in that offense. He was more dominant at blocking than Bryant but I see similar effort/technique. Kittle also seemed more dynamic (definitely faster) in the pass game but Bryant is good. I think he could have gone much higher if he would have played for a bigger program.

He does need to catch the ball better.

In the end, I see Bryant as a solid contributor in year 1 with the opportunity to be a quality starter in the future.

Thank you! I would like it if they got this guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard