No hype for schedule release?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's been quite on the schedule release front here on the board. I usually see more people trying the guess the opening day game or # of nationally televised spots, etc... I know I am anxiously awaiting the home game schedule to try and plan out my visits.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
meh, we play who we play. Guessing the schedule is quiet overrated.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there's just little hype for this season in general.

I can't remember the board being this dead during FA and the week before the draft. It's like we all know this will be a transition year, maybe they put it all together, but likely we're looking at an old team going for 8-8... a year neither here nor there, so there's not much buzz.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gambo was creaming his BVD's at about 4pm, reading rumor tweets, Reddit posts, and other crap. Probably had a big plate of Pei Wei® in front of him adding to his over-exuberance.

Funny thing was - he was reading tons of leaks from other local sports "insiders" in other cities - in other words, knucklers just like himself - but he had NO inside info on the Cards schedule to share with us. Always seems to have lots of "inside" info on the draft, but nothing here? Further proof that his draft info is just intentionally leaked BS, not really "insider info".

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I never understood the schedule thing.

What is there to be excited about ? The NFL schedule follows a pattern, you can pretty much know the schedule outside of 2 games a year for the next 10 years need be.

We play the Bucs and the Lions this year, that was the surprise, and we play the flippin' Lions, what feels like, every year, so more of the same.

OP
OP
B

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I never understood the schedule thing.

What is there to be excited about ? The NFL schedule follows a pattern, you can pretty much know the schedule outside of 2 games a year for the next 10 years need be.

We play the Bucs and the Lions this year, that was the surprise, and we play the flippin' Lions, what feels like, every year, so more of the same.

I guess for me, personally, the excitement is more centered around seeing the actual home game schedule dates. Being an out of town season ticket holder, this is when I can start to nail down which games we can potentially make it out to. Between holidays, hunting season, etc... there are a lot of moving parts. We always take our son to a pre-season game but until yesterday, we didn't know if the game would be on Thurs, Fri or Sat.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I guess for me, personally, the excitement is more centered around seeing the actual home game schedule dates. Being an out of town season ticket holder, this is when I can start to nail down which games we can potentially make it out to. Between holidays, hunting season, etc... there are a lot of moving parts. We always take our son to a pre-season game but until yesterday, we didn't know if the game would be on Thurs, Fri or Sat.

OK. Now THAT is exciting.

I hope to go back out to AZ again to watch a game. It was SO much fun last time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave