Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IMO we are a better destination for a HC than any of those teams.

For a GM, we might be 3rd or 4th best. Some guy might thinks he can trade Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford and get enough back to make a quick turnaround, but I have no idea what their cap situations are?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Chargers are a prime destination (Young QBOF with surrounding core on both Off and Def).
Jaguars will have Trevor Lawrence to work with.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
IMO we are a better destination for a HC than any of those teams.

For a GM, we might be 3rd or 4th best. Some guy might thinks he can trade Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford and get enough back to make a quick turnaround, but I have no idea what their cap situations are?

Disagree. If Keim is retained and Kingsbury is given the boot that would be 3 coaches in 4 years for Keim and I can’t see why anyone would sign up to be the next fall guy. Throw in an average roster and the Cardinals would be at the bottom. Again.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. If Keim is retained and Kingsbury is given the boot that would be 3 coaches in 4 years for Keim and I can’t see why anyone would sign up to be the next fall guy. Throw in an average roster and the Cardinals would be at the bottom. Again.

Agree. Any change has to include Keim, IMHO. How many passes does the guy get?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I’m Urban I go to the Chargers not Jaguars. Wouldn’t be surprised if Jacksonville throws the house at Dabo.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Precisely. We need to display some level of patience / job security to get a good coach.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Precisely. We need to display some level of patience / job security to get a good coach.

We had a good coach in BA. I would have for sure given him another year, but he "retired".

He had his flaws, but he put a competitive team every year he was here.

Since then weve swung and miss with Wilkes, and hit a single with KK. The problem is that KK seems to be a double at best.

Whats the point of trying to drag it out, just move on find a coach that really has something.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We had a good coach in BA. I would have for sure given him another year, but he "retired".

He had his flaws, but he put a competitive team every year he was here.

Since then weve swung and miss with Wilkes, and hit a single with KK. The problem is that KK seems to be a double at best.

Whats the point of trying to drag it out, just move on find a coach that really has something.
We fell in to BA. We were his last choice. Or he was ours. One or the other.

We need to replace the GM if we are to get a good HC candidate. Pioli, Ireland, Caserio etc.... There are a ton of great options out there.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I’d like A-Dub as GM and Anthony Lynn as HC in AZ. I know Chargers lost 16 games last two seasons by a TD or less, but I think it was just bad luck and tons of injuries.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The franchise needs a new set of eyes

I agree, even if it ends up being someone like Adub. A "new set of eyes" even though he is already in the organization. Keim has run his course here, and the overall resume is so-so. I'm sure he will get a shot with another team in a year or two...but he's not an elite GM that is irreplaceable.

Adub is a HOF level player, still young, had a very well known toughness about him, and seemingly gets along well with MB.

Let him have a shot. IMO almost anything is better than a lame duck year with a GM and HC who are likely to get fired. I just don't see it. Its a waste.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I’d like A-Dub as GM and Anthony Lynn as HC in AZ. I know Chargers lost 16 games last two seasons by a TD or less, but I think it was just bad luck and tons of injuries.

Why do you like A-Dub as GM? Honest question. He's a good guy but it would worry me a little just from the experience factor and being internal. We might benefit from fresh outside eyes that don't have ties to any of the existing staff or guys.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do you like A-Dub as GM? Honest question. He's a good guy but it would worry me a little just from the experience factor and being internal. We might benefit from fresh outside eyes that don't have ties to any of the existing staff or guys.

Right, I really like the dude but being a great player doesn't translate often in being great manager
I still remember when he was promoting Marqui Christian to be drafted by the Cardinals, after being selected in the fifth round he was cut after training camp

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score

No disrespect, but you needed to actually WATCH the Chargers. Most all of those losses were bad clock management, bad play calls, and generally bad coaching, all combined in some fashion. The players love Anthony Lynn, but he's NOT a good game HC.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Todd Licht had alot to do with Cards talented rosters. Look at his drafts and the talent he has put together in TB. I'm not a Keim hater but I think the Cards would have better off with Licht and BA kept on and Keim shown the door.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Todd Licht had alot to do with Cards talented rosters. Look at his drafts and the talent he has put together in TB. I'm not a Keim hater but I think the Cards would have better off with Licht and BA kept on and Keim shown the door.

Yes totally agree, he has built a talented roster

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff had the Cards a lot closer than Lynn had the Chargers.
We need a talent infusion on the roster more than yet another total rebuild.

That idiot game yesterday was actually our largest loss of the season. We lost three games by 3 points. If something as simple as Zane kicking straight happened we'd be 10-6.

We need four things:

Another reliable wide receiver
The interior of the OL and Defense improved
A better kicking game
and for Kliff to improve his game-end playcalling.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Common denominator for a rising number of NFL team mgt leaders is: they're all smart guys adept at establishing a winning culture - from ticket office to medical staff to special teams.

On my radar screen - the Shanahans, Flores, the Raiders, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid. And let's not forget Bilichick. And keep an eye on Judge

It doesn't mean we need to sign any of these guys - just hire quys as equally smart and single minded about setting a winning tone.

What's it like to be a player driving into the facility each morning or hitting the weight room or dissecting game tape or teaching young players - or dozens of different "little things?"

I think success in the NFL is more a matter of so-called team-building "intangibles" as it is a sexy personnel move. It might be more of a matter of MB facing himself in the mirror each morning and claiming: "This is the kind of organization I want each player to be part of 24/7."

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That idiot game yesterday was actually our largest loss of the season. We lost three games by 3 points. If something as simple as Zane kicking straight happened we'd be 10-6.

We need four things:

A better kicking game

right 5 losses by 1 score.

I can legit look at Zane and Kirk and say you cost us 3 wins this year and your looking at a totally different year

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

We need four things:

A better kicking game
Lynn is a better coach...and if he hired someone to just watch the clock, he'd still have a job...lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
John Elway removes himself from role as Broncos GM but will stay on as president of football operations

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/john-e...esident-of-football-operations-204633152.html

Bidwill should do the same thing with Keim. He’s obviously to attached to fire him so just promote him out of decision making. Elway for all his failures as GM had 4 Division titles, 2 Super Bowl appearances with 1 Championship. Keim has an NFC Championship Game appearance to go along with his 16-31-1 record since Arians retired.

Last edited: