NFL Sunday Ticket

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
That time of year again...

My bill already shows the renewal queued up at 6 months of $48.99.

Intending on calling and trying to work that price down and figured I would make a thread so we can discuss what deals we get?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sams club deal.
Since I signed up with Direct TV during the middle of the season ( I say Dec.).I got the 2017 and 2018 Sunday Ticket for free.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Centurylink offered me free NFL Sunday Ticket for next season if I added DirectTV to my account. Maybe some of you can use that as leverage.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Sams club deal.
Since I signed up with Direct TV during the middle of the season ( I say Dec.).I got the 2017 and 2018 Sunday Ticket for free.
I've been on it since it started. This doesn't help the discussion with other folks.....

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
That time of year again...

My bill already shows the renewal queued up at 6 months of $48.99.

Intending on calling and trying to work that price down and figured I would make a thread so we can discuss what deals we get?
Do you have DIRECTV?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I get it every year it's been tougher, I think I hit my 2 year mark gonna renew and get it all dropped lower

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I pulled it off again last year... Have to make the call soon, I'll report the result in this thread.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dread making the call. Been a customer forever and last year they basically said no problem, we can remove the ticket from your bill.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
I pulled it off again last year... Have to make the call soon, I'll report the result in this thread.

Yes, please keep us posted.Also, does anyone know the price just to get Red Zone channel? Do they offer that? The entire package is so expensive.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I, too, dread making the call. This year I figured it just wasn't worth the $100 I might save by calling them so I decided to blow it off. Now, I just got my new bill and $40 worth of monthly discounts are expiring that I got from renewing a couple of years ago. Now I gotta call them. Their service went down the tubes when ATT bought them, they don't care if you renew or not.

@dylanbw I've been getting Red Zone through Verizon. It's only available to watch on your phone but it's only $2 a month.. sweet deal. If you have Verizon, it's worth checking out.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are you guys saying that I can negotiate that for a reduction or perhaps no charge? I've paid it for 11 years and have never gotten a break on the price.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Philly - yes. Absolutely. Call.

It's a giant pain, but call.

The past two years I've called fully intend on cancelling. I just don't watch that much TV to justify the cost.

With streaming options that could eclipse my needs coming in around $35 a month, it's irritating paying that much for DVR address, receiver fees, etc.

Past two years they've given the ticket for free and knocked off $45 from my monthly bill.

Still comes to over $100/month.

I don't know if there will be a deal good enough this year.

When you call though, know your options and use them to leverage. Be specific.

Philly - since you've never called, you should be in a good position to be taken seriously

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Unless they give me everything free I am cancelling this year for good, I have went to streaming everything and haven't even used my DTV box in 3 months and yes I already have the football, not sure I'll be watching much anymore (different subject lol) but it's there if I want it . AT&T ruined DirecTV IMHO

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I cut the cord in January after 15 years of satellite service. Check out the jail broken Amazon Firestick. You can download Kodi and Mobdro and other apps that will get you almost everything you watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I cut the cord in January after 15 years of satellite service. Check out the jail broken Amazon Firestick. You can download Kodi and Mobdro and other apps that will get you almost everything you watch.

Yeah i think mobdro should have all the games and Terrarium TV has almost every movie and tv show you can think of.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I liked recording football games on my DVR and then watch them an hour after kickoff so I can skip all of the commercials and reviews and halftime, etc. It’s fun to watch them play but stopping for all the reviews just slows it down so much.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are you guys saying that I can negotiate that for a reduction or perhaps no charge? I've paid it for 11 years and have never gotten a break on the price.

I haven't paid a penny for Sunday ticket in over 5 years, But I have been a DTV subscriber since day one, and one year I actually had to cancel and go to FIOS, before they came groveling back.

Most years....it's me doing the groveling/begging.... You have to get the right customer retention rep is what it comes down to IMO.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was a subscriber from 2004 thru the end of 2017, when I sold my house and me & the gf started building down here in Cochise County. During those years, I got my cost reduced once or twice, but it was SUCH a hassle, that it was far from a yearly ritual.

After 6 months in a rental, our house was done and we moved in. While in the rental we were on Cox, after we had both cancelled our DirecTV subs for 6 months. That was long enough for them to send us both offers to come back, basically as "new" customers - meaning the full list of crazy offers. Free equipment & install (of course), ultra-reduced rate on all packages for 12 months - wound up going with "Ultimate" for $39/month, a massive reduction. A bunch of free movie channels for 3 months. And of course, free Sunday Ticket for the first year, plus a $300 cash rebate in the form of debit cards - only $200 of which I actually received. Getting the deal I was offered required a phone call that lasted over an hour, after 2 lower-level people couldn't provide the offer that I had in my hand. Finally wound up with a supervisor who was able to figure it out. They are SUCH a mess nowadays since the AT&T buyout, it's frustrating as hell to have to call these idiots for anything.

It's ridiculous that they do all this for "new" subs, but once you're in the fold, they rob you BLIND, year after year. Interesting that we were able to score like this after only a 6-month absence - makes me want to switch to Cox for a year (or less) when the deal is up, get THEIR deal for a while, then come back. If it weren't such a hassle I'd do it for sure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose