NFL Draft Countdown

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by HookemCards, Jan 19, 2006.

1. HookemCards

HookemCards Have at you!!!!!

I know a few of you guys visit this site, and I was wondering if most of the guys over there are informed, intelligent posters. The reason I ask is because someone mentioned that there was increasing talk in Arizona that the Cards are trying to trade up with the Jets to get either Young or Ferguson. I hadn't heard anything to that effect here and most of you guys seem to have a good handle on things Card related. Anyone here this rumor, or feel NFL Draft Countdown is a fairly reliable forum (as reliable as a fan forum can be I guess).

Heres a link to the thread http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11147

2. john h

john h Registered User

I have been a Cardinal fan for over 50 years. I do not recall the Cards ever trading up in the first round. That is not written in stone but the Bidwill family does not seem to trade up for what ever reason. We do trade down. I would put the chances of the Cards trading up at 200-1. Currently we are in need of bodies and even if we were traders it is unlikely we would trade. We have passed on some very good QB's in recent years. Ones who I think are and will be better than Vince Young. As to us being intelligent posters we "eat our young". Yes, we are in dire need of a young QB and we debate it each and every year. We cannot agree among ourselves as to whether we should draft a QB even if a good one fell to us. If Young fell to #10 I am not at all sure the Cards would take him.

3. az jam

az jam Registered User

As far as I can recall, Denny has never traded out of his first round draft position.

4. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

Both true statements, but we also haven't won in the last 50 years. Somethings gotta give, right?

The only problem I have with this rumor is that I wouldn't want to move up for either of these guys, I don't think. Young, maybe. Furgeson, no.

JMHO.

5. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

We moved up one spot to get Hearst and frankly it was a dumb move. THe Jets were taking Marvin Jones, everyone knew it, so we would have got Hearst anyways but we panicked that someone else might trade with the jets to get Hearst. All we really had to do is tell the Jets if Hearst was picked ahead of us, we were going to take Jones. That would have sufficiently called the bluff since they were only trading down with assurances they could still get Jones.

But we got revenge for that getting San Diego to move up for Leaf.

6. Denny Green Fan

Denny Green Fan Registered

This team has to many holes to be giving up draft picks.

7. seesred

seesred Registered User

There have been no articles, no radio gab or TV talk about anyone in the cards camp talking about trading with anyone for anybody. The rumors are most likely coming from the guess gurus of people not in the know.

GBR

8. HookemCards

HookemCards Have at you!!!!!

Yeah, since I hadn't heard it here, I figured it was more of a poster's pipe dream than something that was based on any fact.

9. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

There's too much OT talent in the draft to move up 7 spots for Ferguson. Now, if they want Young then i could see something happening. It's just hard to tell right now who the Cards are actually targeting. Two years ago you pretty much knew it was Fitz or a QB. Last year CB was a glaring need and Rolle or Rogers seemed to be the most likely pick. This year it could anywhere from DB to Rb to Qb to LB to DL. I don't think our first round pick will be used on an OL.That will be a free agent priority as will,possibly,RB.

10. CronosCard

CronosCard Registered

"..And in this corner.."

Russ
    But then we got Montezuma's revenge with Andre Wadsworth:eek:

11. SuperSpck

SuperSpck Registered

Well sure the team hasn't won ditty in the last half century, but swapping draft picks with anyone doesn't guarentee success either. Aside from draft pick swapping, here's a list of other swapping types won't win a Super Bowl:

Meat
    Sales
    Wife
    Yard