Next weeks game....On Prime only?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A little off topic but has anyone had any blackout issues on Sunday ticket.
This week, the Sunday ticket showed the Cardinals/Philly game as blacked out in my region (i'm in NM).
This usually means the game is on local network TV. However, the only game on local was KC/NO.
So I was not able to watch the game. I ended up having to just catch bits and pieces on Redzone. I was pissed but of course no recourse.
My assumption is that this was some sort of programming snafu. I had not had any issues the previous 14 weeks

Last edited:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I agree it's bogus that you (and I in the past) pay for Sunday Ticket to get ALL the games, then the NFL sells the rights to SOME of the games to someone else, and you don't get those!

But, Amazon Prime is not a "crap" streaming service - it's really quite good. And you can sign up for a free temporary Amazon Prime membership (just remember to cancel in a couple weeks). And if you have any recent smart TV, or a Roku, Chromecast, or FireStick, or the like, you should be able to watch directly from your TV, or worst cast, sign in and start streaming on your computer or phone, then cast the game to your TV. For those of us who have "cut the cord", this is second nature and no big deal.

I get your resentment for having to go through this rigamarole... just trying to bring your blood pressure down! :)

...dave

I appreciate your help & suggestions. But I'm a dinosaur when it comes to tech & electronics, and our TV is not a "smart" TV (nor am I a "smart" owner when it comes to this stuff. lol), and while I am told (by my younger tech-savvy sis) that I can stream it on my laptop, and then hook my laptop to our TV via a HDMI cable (which I actually do have), I am doubting my ability to pull it off without completely screwing up our DirecTV hook up. But I'm gonna give it a try!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have Prime, you don't have to "record" anything - everything that has ever aired is available to watch any time afterward.

...dave

I didn't know that about games that's good to know I may not be able to watch the game live myself either.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well streaming is just where everything is headed, I've streamed everything for the past 3-4 years, I have streaming devices everywhere lol, it is new and can take alittle to learn & get used to but it's worth because the amount of content available for so cheap is limitless

That is about when I switched. Free over the air for local channels. Streaming for everything else. It is so much cheaper than cable or satellite and you get so much more for you buck.

I pay Sling $60 and get every sports channel that matters and NFL Red Zone. That is all I pay. My wife pays Amazon Prime for shopping. IDK how much that is.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your help & suggestions. But I'm a dinosaur when it comes to tech & electronics, and our TV is not a "smart" TV (nor am I a "smart" owner when it comes to this stuff. lol), and while I am told (by my younger tech-savvy sis) that I can stream it on my laptop, and then hook my laptop to our TV via a HDMI cable (which I actually do have), I am doubting my ability to pull it off without completely screwing up our DirecTV hook up. But I'm gonna give it a try!

Good luck. If you have an open HDMI port on your TV then it should not be too bad. Just plug it in and select the HDMI from the source/input button on your TV remote.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
If you have Prime, you don't have to "record" anything - everything that has ever aired is available to watch any time afterward.

...dave
even live sporting events??? Didn’t know that, thanks!

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This week, the Sunday ticket showed the Cardinals/Philly game as blacked out in my region (i'm in NM).
This usually means the game is on local network TV. However, the only game on local was KC/NO.
So I was not able to watch the game. I ended up having to just catch bits and pieces on Redzone. I was pissed but of course no recourse.
My assumption is that this was some sort of programming snafu. I had not had any issues the previous 14 weeks
Mine said blacked out too, but at 3:05 it changed and when I selected it, it was on. I was panicked for a minute there.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even live sporting events??? Didn’t know that, thanks!
I hope i didn't steer you wrong! I put the event in my "Watchlist" and i believe it will be available later like anything else in my Watchlist... but i just looked for past Thursday Night Football games and they're NOT available. (I didn't have them in my Watchlist.) So, i just sent a question to Amazon to confirm. I'll follow up here!

...dave

EDIT: I posted a question to Amazon Prime support, and the answer wasn't entirely clear, but it would appear that live events are only available for 2 hours after the conclusion of the event! :madarms:

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'd be on the horn to DirecTV for some refunds!

Reactions: PJ1

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
It'll be on in Phoenix and San Fran markets, but if you're looking to watch it officially without paying for prime, the platform Twitch will be showing it on Sunday as well. You'll still have to use a smart TV or phone to watch it, but you won't have to pay. Guessing this game is the NFL's attempt to get on Bezos' good side before the sell off the rights to Sunday Ticket to them in 2023.

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
It'll be on in Phoenix and San Fran markets, but if you're looking to watch it officially without paying for prime, the platform Twitch will be showing it on Sunday as well. You'll still have to use a smart TV or phone to watch it, but you won't have to pay. Guessing this game is the NFL's attempt to get on Bezos' good side before the sell off the rights to Sunday Ticket to them in 2023.
Thank you

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Google cracksteams/NFL. Still have to view it on a computer but you can wire it to your TV. I watch that on my laptop when I'm out for my victory cigar. Lost my smoking privileges in the house. It works very well, never an issue.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been slumming it this year with the $100 NFL Game Pass. It works as long as you're willing to wait up to an hour or so after the game ends. And of course you have to set it to not show the scores. And it probably helps to live somewhere where nobody cares about the Cardinals.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'll tell you if I wasn't scared I'd miss a play or two I would kick direct TV to the curb. Streaming works pretty good but there has been an occasional run into the house because my stream is buffering. Good thing my ruku is always behind live.

OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What is the platform Twitch?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FYI, if you like Amazon Prime streaming, never buy a Vizio smart TV. For years it was moody at best and impossible to get to work at worst. Often it takes 10 minutes or so of turning on and off and exiting to get it to start, and even longer to get the subtitles working. Now, I like Vizio otherwise, but here's the rub: I discovered Amazon stopped supporting upgrades to their platform on Vizio TVs. Oof! That explained it.

Jeez, don't tell me that Stout. WTH....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What network for local markets right now it's not listed in the Bay area on any of FOX, NBC or NFLN. I get it on Prime I'm just curious what other network.

An interesting side assuming it passes the current stimulus package the GOP put in a bill that really cracks down on illegal streaming which if enacted and enforced is going to shut down Crackstream and also make it a felony to stream a game illegally, not just the guy displaying the game but the guy watching the game via such a system. I would assume that's a pre cursor to them going more to streaming games and wanting to eliminate the competition

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
What network for local markets right now it's not listed in the Bay area on any of FOX, NBC or NFLN. I get it on Prime I'm just curious what other network.

An interesting side assuming it passes the current stimulus package the GOP put in a bill that really cracks down on illegal streaming which if enacted and enforced is going to shut down Crackstream and also make it a felony to stream a game illegally, not just the guy displaying the game but the guy watching the game via such a system. I would assume that's a pre cursor to them going more to streaming games and wanting to eliminate the competition
I thought it was always illegal? But I just thought these streams are overseas and they wouldn't fall under US law. Now if they come after the consumer that's another issue, but I would think they got bigger fish to fry then coming after a dude watching a football game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA