Newcastle takes 1-0 lead over Sporting in the UEFA Cup

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Renz, I was shocked but deligthed when they took that lead. One central defender is just returning from injury, our star Shearer, who wasn't even supposed to be able to play, had to be hampered as well.

On top of that, that French piece of crap left midfielder of ours, Laurent Robert, went of the DAY BEFORE THE MATCH. He's one of those guys with a killer long shot from the spot, a good corner and a wicked cross...but only hits on about 1 out of 20 of anything. Completely muffs routine stuff. And he's been playing like crap, so Souness has been taking him out early lately. So yesterday he complains to the media that he's doing all he can, he's not appreciated, the team sucks compared to last year, blah blah blah. What a whiny little girl.

He was completely left out of the side, was not even on the bench, and rightly so. On top of all our troubles, he has to go add this before a UEFA Cup Semi-final game. Ugh.

Felt good after seeing that first goal. Very nervous after the equalizer. Fell apart when I saw the 3-1 score, and was just dismayed when I saw it was a 4-1 final. Christ. Just our frickin' luck. Make it to the quarters or semis of anything, and crap out. Well, here's to beating Man U. in the FA Cup! :thumbup: