New Uniforms for the Cardinals

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was waiting for @kerouac9 or @Chopper0080 to make this connection.
You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah. Really trying to only criticize people for what they can control.

Believe me… I’ve been the victim of too many candid photos (and several posed ones). I’ll wait until he calls a draw on third and eight to light him on fire, TYVM.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I'm not blown away or hate them. Definitely not the horrible redesign we saw with the Buccaneers a couple of years ago. Or the great redesign from the Bucs recently.

I like the incorporation of silver throughout the uniform. Looks like a cohesive set of gear unlike what we had previously. Nike found a way to get the grey facemask to work for MB lol.

They are possibly a bit too safe. The all red are my least favorite given how bland they are. Not a fan of how big the Arizona is on the front. Would certainly think they would look better with the road white pants.

Road uniforms are by far my favorite. Reminds me of the St Louis Cardinals. Will probably pick that jersey up.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was never a fan of the all-refs and now these reds are even worse. Yuck Vonyuckenstein.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
What a giant letdown after weeks of hype and buildup! What a boring look with absolutely no creativity. Some of the mockups I've seen over the last couple of weeks were so much more creative than these new jerseys. Very, very disappointed!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts before I read everyone else's.

The White are by far the best. Followed by Black.

The Red being different to the others kicks off my OCD. I think all 3 would have been better with Arizona on the front (in smaller font) and the Cardinals sleeves.

My live feeling was. Nice White. Black's look good too. Why do that with the Red?

It's exactly what I was expecting. Underwhelming. The franchise has no balls and Bidwill is just a dull, unimaginative person.

On saying all that, they are better than what we had. It's an upgrade but it was a low bar. But it could have been fire but was more damp squib. Like getting invited to the playboy mansion and finding it's over 60's night.

On saying all that I think when they hit the field and we see them in action we might like them a bit more.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 2 years old children could do the same job (maybe better) designing those jersey, what a waste of money

People seem to think Mike paid someone to design these. They were almost certainly done by Nike in house. Not sure why Nike wouldn't be designing these themselves as they have masses of in house designers.

I know for a fact they do for other sports so I don't see why the NFL would be different.

Obviously with major guidance from the team.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m good with these. I’ve always felt “safe” would be the way to go for such an old franchise. Let the expansion teams have radical uniforms and logos.

Now that someone pointed out that the reds look like OU uniforms, they are my least favorite.

I’m happy overall though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see how saying the all whites make the linemen look fat is "petty"

It's a very known fashion tip for people to look fitter...don't wear white!

Most O line aren't fat. Just big. White's are easily the best strip!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Helmets - A
Love the bigger logo and the shimmer on both helmets

All White - A
Only complaint is the sliver accent. Wouid have preferred black accent. Looks very close to all white's from 70/80's, which I love.

All Black - A
Love the all black uni's but the grey looks off for our team.

All Red - D
Huge miss. Home uni's should be fire and these are not. I would have loved to see the Arizona flag on the sleeves. The "Arizona" alignment is bad.

Bottom line - definitely an upgrade over current uni's.

Bonus - Bird City is officially dead.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For the Cardinals, it’s not as glaring because their prior uniforms just weren’t good. But there’s nothing wrong with rewinding the clock to when they were. The Cardinals uniforms of days gone by were perfectly fine. It would be great to see one of these teams that allowed Nike to update and streamline and monetize and whatever else Nike has been trying to get all of them to do to say, “Sorry, but we’re going back to what we used to wear as our primary uniforms.”

The Cardinals had a chance to do that. Instead, like an increasing number of teams, their alternate uniforms seem better than their base uniforms. For any team experiencing that dynamic, it’s not as good of a thing as you think it is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These don’t make them look huge. They make them look fat. There’s a difference. And it isn’t a good one. Fat isn’t intimidating.
When the Cardinals had great OL’s in the 60’s & 70’s, you could just see a wall of white either pushing forward on running plays or setting up in pass protection. Didn’t matter if they were fat or not. It was imposing indeed. Now all they need to do is draft and develop an OL LOL.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
we're complaining about them because white makes our o-line look fat. lol. ok.
Liking or disliking a uniform is totally subjective. With the exception of the red shoulder pads on the roadies, I always loved our uniforms through the years. Great uniforms don’t need to ever be changed dramatically. In baseball, the Yankees, Cardinals, and Dodgers have never had to tinker much. Because, they were great to begin with. I became a football Cardinal fan in the early 60’s primarily because I fell in love with their uniforms & colors. It certainly wasn’t because they were winning championships lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave