New Suns Uniforms to be Released Today (8/10)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am fine with them all, except the gray things with sleeves. Those looked like pajamas.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New jersey with the old school font photo shopped in:

Awesome. It makes me yearn for the Western Font even more.

The Font alone could make the Suns a winner. :cool:

Like the purple in the new uniforms.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys that like the Western Font, you talking about the one on the left..

You must be registered for see images attach
I like all four but I'm glad the first twos short Shorts are gone

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Seriously. Nike's design people are displaying a real lack of creativity here. Check out the snoozers the Timberwolves are wearing next year.

You must be registered for see images

The only thing I can say about those is they very specifically remind me of the old gate seats in Sky Harbor airport.

Those look like Euro/International uni's and colors.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yeah jerseys or logos should never be changed, ruins the history a brand represents
They don't do it for the fans. Or the players. They do it for more revenue in the team shops. It's all about money. And Sarver the banker certainly is not one to fight that.

It also reflects the shortened attention span in developed countries changing over the years. Ten second sound bytes. Abbreviations replacing grammar.

Sooner or later, good things hit their apex and start on the road down. The U.S. and all of the things that make it up have already begun that spiral in a variety of instances.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It actually coined a phrase when General Motors started a new trend 63 years ago in 1954 with the Cadillac, Buick and Oldsmobile -- major automotive styling changes every three years.

The following year, Pontiac and Chevy joined the party, as well as Ford Motor Company and Chrysler Corporation's "Forward Look". Yup, the wrap around front windshield started it. A few years later, Chrysler Corp. even came out with the wrap around and wrap over the top windshield. Then fender fins. Then ultimately, moved on.

Thanks to the preponderance of a TV in every home starting six years earlier and its stream of advertising, people, most of whom couldn't afford it, had to be seen in the new style upgrades. And buying on credit mushroomed. Purchasing something you can't afford with money you don't have to be in vogue.

NBA uniform designs are small potatoes compared to the changes in telephones, computers refrigerators, cars, etc. As Ralph Nader labeled it, planned obsolescence!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL! OH LORD!!!

I'm guessing we should prepare ourselves for one set to be orange... very very orange.

Thankfully we won't have any orange uniforms this year. I would have liked to have seen the "Western" old school font used but since we just have the purple and white jerseys and no orange ones, I can live with how they are. Never liked the orange jerseys, in any style.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have a black alternate uniform this season, which isn't bad. Also it looks like Jackson will wear #20 for the season, he wore #99 in Summer League. If they're selling Jackson #20 jersey's and took pictures of him wearing that number then I think that's official.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns have a black alternate uniform this season, which isn't bad. Also it looks like Jackson will wear #20 for the season, he wore #99 in Summer League. If they're selling Jackson #20 jersey's and took pictures of him wearing that number then I think that's official.

This isn't the black alternate for this season. You can see that is still an Adidas uniform and it's simply a special one using the old design. Pretty sure that will not be our alternate this season since we are going with Nike and have forgone that sun ray design.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't the black alternate for this season. You can see that is still an Adidas uniform and it's simply a special one using the old design. Pretty sure that will not be our alternate this season since we are going with Nike and have forgone that sun ray design.

I'm not sure if that will be the design or not but another brand selling replica's can't be that odd. I know Nike is in charge of official uniforms this year and that's adidas but don't other companies make replicas? I was sharing that more because Jackson's number had been decided since he wore something like 85 in Summer League.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that will be the design or not but another brand selling replica's can't be that odd. I know Nike is in charge of official uniforms this year and that's adidas but don't other companies make replicas? I was sharing that more because Jackson's number had been decided since he wore something like 85 in Summer League.
What do you mean? That simply looks like Adidas continuing to sell it's swingman jersey in last year's design, but just with Jackson's name on it. That's why it's a "special" edition, because Jackson will never wear that style in a game. My guess is that they produced a limited number of those jerseys and we'll slowly see them disappear as the season goes on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the more I look at the roadies, the more I like it. Back to the real deep purple is nice. Home's I'm not crazy about, but I don't hate.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Although I like the design of the new uniforms the team are currently wearing better than last year's, Nike hasn't really done a good job on this switch as a whole. Considering the uniform above and the fact that you can easily rip the current jerseys.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I wish the Jazz would wear theirs here.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
omg thats awful
Agreed. The Los Suns thing is really stupid. You have to put an article in front of the name to make it Spanish? Really?

We could go Italian and make our il gruppo, "Il Suns."

And that grey and green for the Celtics is hideous.