New Battlefield!

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's been a week and nobody's posted it yet? WTH :) Going back to WWI hype.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son is so excited that it's WW1. It looks good to me. I hope it's good. I just love the WW2 era much more even though it has been done to death.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Love the WWI stuff. I know WWII was overdone, but that was so long ago, it'd be nice for this generation to go back to it and create a really good FPS set in that era. The fighting Nazis thing was great, but there have only been a few games on the Pacific side of the conflict.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad it is going back to the WW1/WW2 era, but I could never get into Battlefield and its engine. Almost positive I will be skipping this, unless my son buys it. :D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad it is going back to the WW1/WW2 era, but I could never get into Battlefield and its engine. Almost positive I will be skipping this, unless my son buys it. :D

I am the opposite. Was a huge COD fan and then the game got "Madden" and just became spray and pray regurgitation. So I started playing Battlefield. Bad Company 2 was amazing. Been hooked ever since.

OP
OP
SO91

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am the opposite. Was a huge COD fan and then the game got "Madden" and just became spray and pray regurgitation. So I started playing Battlefield. Bad Company 2 was amazing. Been hooked ever since.

This was me as well. I have loved the series since BC2, since it was the first game I could truly get into and played it a ton. BF4 had so many issues when it released, and it took nearly a year for the game to be really freaking good, but man it's a hell of a game and still a lot of fun (for me anyways). I hope DICE and EA don't screw this up.

OP
OP
SO91

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What about the engine do you not like? I think they make gorgeous games with amazing and immersive sound. I think I can finally upgrade my 670 with one of the new Pascal cards coming out this summer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant stand battlefield. Maps are too big, I just run for 3 minutes and then get shot by some sniper. I prefer more close quarters shooters but I do love me some WW1. Too bad medal of honor went to crap after EA got ahold of it.

The new COD is going to space too so I think I am done with that series. I don t want double jumps, jetpacks and laser guns in my shooters. Hopefully someone new shows up with a standard war game. Sad COD is going that route as it fit all of my need for a military shooter. I already have not purchased a COD since ghosts and still play ghosts when I want my fix. The next two just werent my type of shooters.

DOOM just came out, I have a few games I am playing already so I am waiting to buy it but I 100% plan to purchase it for the single player alone. I did get to try the online beta and it is fast paced, frantic fun too.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I cant stand battlefield. Maps are too big, I just run for 3 minutes and then get shot by some sniper. I prefer more close quarters shooters but I do love me some WW1. Too bad medal of honor went to crap after EA got ahold of it.

The new COD is going to space too so I think I am done with that series. I don t want double jumps, jetpacks and laser guns in my shooters. Hopefully someone new shows up with a standard war game. Sad COD is going that route as it fit all of my need for a military shooter. I already have not purchased a COD since ghosts and still play ghosts when I want my fix. The next two just werent my type of shooters.

DOOM just came out, I have a few games I am playing already so I am waiting to buy it but I 100% plan to purchase it for the single player alone. I did get to try the online beta and it is fast paced, frantic fun too.

Love Battlefield. Love the maps, but to each their own.

But there are some close quarters maps, lots of people just play those. Operation Locker is the one you want to play. In BF3, they even had a DLC called Close Quarters, and it really was like Call of Duty... but Battlefield style. Tons of fun on that one.

Battlefield 1 is set in WWI, so it should have some nice trench warfare. But they are also going to have horses and Red Baron style planes and such. Should be fun.

Doom multiplayer is incredibly fun. It's fast paced too, so if you get killed you can get back to the warpath zone you might be protecting in about 10 seconds or so.

Don't forget you can get the game for PC cheap on places like CDkey and G2A.

Overall though Battlefield for me just is so superior to CoD it's insane. So much carnage, and so many ways to play. Just loved jumping out of helicopter and using a rocket to hit other helicopters or tanks on the way down. Or skydiving off that Chinese tower to the bottom to clear out people trying to go up the elevator. Tons of fun.

Hardline was great too, just loved driving around and going Allah Akbar on people with C4 attached to the cars, jumping out, and blowing them up (like Battlefield: Modern Combat on 360).

Battlefield is becoming the new king. I've read threads on places like Neogaf about how the new CoD:IW got a ton of dislikes and that the Battlefield reveal trailer surpassed it in views in like two days.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
COD announced today it will have the same chain movement system from blackops where you can run along walls and double jump and stuff. I'm done with them. :(

I heard there is a remastered modern warfare coming out though, Ill snap that up no problem.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the engine do you not like? I think they make gorgeous games with amazing and immersive sound. I think I can finally upgrade my 670 with one of the new Pascal cards coming out this summer.

I have the same complaints about Battlefield as you do. I tried both Battlefield and 2 and I just didn't like it at all.

I have Doom coming from Gamefly soon.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
COD announced today it will have the same chain movement system from blackops where you can run along walls and double jump and stuff. I'm done with them. :(

I heard there is a remastered modern warfare coming out though, Ill snap that up no problem.

You need to get CoD: IW to get the remastered one.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/03/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered-wont-be-sold-separately/

Cheapest way to get it is the legacy version of CoD:IW and that'll cost $79.99

:(

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Loved BF 1942 (with and without Desert Combat mod)

A realistic WWI shooter would be:

*whistle blowing* "Everyone.....over the top!!!!"
*maching gun fire* Re-spawning.....please wait.

Rinse/repeat

OP
OP
SO91

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This game looks amazing!

Yes it does. I hope DICE and EA don't screw up the launch like they did with BF4. That game is really good now that DICE LA worked on it and fixed a lot of issues, but it took a while. The actual gameplay shown in that twitch stream is encouraging, considering it's Alpha.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried it last night, played the intro mission and one match of team deathmatch. It was fun, nice graphics, I think I might like the story more than the online but we will see. It seems I need to adjust the controls a bit as the sinsitivity did not seem right on turning right and left. I didnt notice how to change weapons and etc, just jumped in and played one round.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried it last night, played the intro mission and one match of team deathmatch. It was fun, nice graphics, I think I might like the story more than the online but we will see. It seems I need to adjust the controls a bit as the sinsitivity did not seem right on turning right and left. I didnt notice how to change weapons and etc, just jumped in and played one round.

I am with you. The first mission of the story mode was epic and almost cinematic. It was amazing. I need to find time to finish the story.

Not a big fan of the multiplayer though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am with you. The first mission of the story mode was epic and almost cinematic. It was amazing. I need to find time to finish the story.

Not a big fan of the multiplayer though.
I like too how it gave you the names of the people and their birth to death dates when they died. Nice little touch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson