NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We could have beaten that deal easily.

I am convinced that Jones and Bower are just not even trying after the Kennard deal (which would have been a step backwards, not forwards) fell through.

If they can't get a James Jones clone, a Bower favorite or a U of A guy, management is satisfied doing nothing and continuing to put a glorified G League team on the court.

Fans need to start boycotting games and merchandise.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Seattle ever gets an expansion franchise, what are the chances that the Suns get contracted for no longer trying to be competitive?...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if Rose is available too from Detroit.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what Drummond was dealt for, I wish the Suns tried sending Tyler Johnson off for him. I know he'd be a rental but we could really answer the question as to whether or not Ayton should play PF going forward or not with a look at him playing next to Drummond for 2 months. Then hope to get a 1st or some 2nd's in a sign and trade involving Drummond this summer if it doesn't work.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For what Drummond was dealt for, I wish the Suns tried sending Tyler Johnson off for him. I know he'd be a rental but we could really answer the question as to whether or not Ayton should play PF going forward or not with a look at him playing next to Drummond for 2 months. Then hope to get a 1st or some 2nd's in a sign and trade involving Drummond this summer if it doesn't work.

That would require proactive thinking, something entirely lacking in this front office.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would have been worth that alone if the Suns don't have any other trades.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Wow another year and another "valuable" expiring contract equals zero for trades...wtf

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Drummond was leaving as a free agent.

Detroit was desperate to get anything of value - they got a 2nd I guess.

Yeah but they could have held on for a S&T in the off-season, since not too many teams would be able to sign Drummond outright.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Live look at the Suns front office

You must be registered for see images attach

Unfreaking real. Just reported on KTAR that the Suns are indeed doing nothing and instead are selling Devin Booker on what they plan on doing over the summer in trades. Do they think Booker is stupid? Just keep kicking the can down the road indefinitely...

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Nobody wants what we have outside of Oubre. Straight up for Gordon?? Don't see it making a big enough impact. Maybe more slippage actually. Depends on his expectations in the offense. We do need an inside D presence.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other line is second round picks don't have value.

How many trades today have been made using them?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If anyone believes Jones and Bower don't deserve to be fired at this point, I would like to know your rationale...

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They still have SOME value, though. Even Detroit got something for Drummond.
They got something for the player - not something for the contract. Which of our "expiring players[contracts]" are other teams hot for? An injured Baynes, perhaps?