NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team needs a trade for a good player.....yesterday.

Come on James!!!!!!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Well, 6 months later, management is looking to mortgage our future to replicate what they were supposed to give us. Just saying...
Mortgage our future? You have stated many times that this upcoming draft sucks. Just today you posted it will be one of the worst drafts ever... cut the hyperbole. If we can get a 15 point scorer off the bench who shoots the 3 at a 40% clip and all it takes is a protected pick in an epically bad draft, then I will take it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This from the Detroit Free Press about Kennard's knees.

Kennard's knees have been a lingering issue since the offseason, causing the Pistons to limit his normal summer regimen.

How can Kennard reach his potential if knee pain will limit offseason workouts?

“For young players, the only way you’re going to get better in this league is to work in the summertime. If you don’t, you won’t get better,” Pistons coach Dwane Casey said in December. “The side effect is injury is a possibility.”

Kennard was the No. 12 overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft by the Stan Van Gundy regime.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...pistons-phoenix-suns-trade-rumors/4652787002/

JerkFace

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

Reaction score
My main two concerns are Kennard’s knees and the protection on the first round pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mortgage our future? You have stated many times that this upcoming draft sucks. Just today you posted it will be one of the worst drafts ever... cut the hyperbole. If we can get a 15 point scorer off the bench who shoots the 3 at a 40% clip and all it takes is a protected pick in an epically bad draft, then I will take it.

The draft sucks, but it is also our only hope for a power forward, and there are several who could pan out (Carey, Stewart, Okongwu, Nnaji, Toppin, etc.). Just because there are no surefire stars in the draft and Pick #15 is just as likely to pan out as Pick #1 is no reason to throw the pick away on yet another Cam Johnson...especially not when our biggest need is an athletic power forward and we are now left without any way to acquire one...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My main two concerns are Kennard’s knees and the protection on the first round pick.

You're not at all concerned that he is one of the worst defensive players in the league, to add to a team that already has several poor defenders?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kennard wouldn’t be an exciting add but not a terrible one depending on protection.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
The draft sucks, but it is also our only hope for a power forward, and there are several who could pan out (Carey, Stewart, Okongwu, Nnaji, Toppin, etc.). Just because there are no surefire stars in the draft and Pick #15 is just as likely to pan out as Pick #1 is no reason to throw the pick away on yet another Cam Johnson...especially not when our biggest need is an athletic power forward and we are now left without any way to acquire one...
I've seen you post the question "who in this upcoming draft will possibly help us?" Or along those lines multiple times, you've also stated this will be one of the worst drafts in the last 20 years or something to that affect atleast 10 times, then you proceed to make posts like this giving an example of 5 players with etc, which means more, that can solve our problem. You really need to pick a side, trade the pick or keep it. What is it you want them to do outside of fire James Jones which you've stated 100+ times ( which honestly probably isn't a hyperbole)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am confused. Suns are decimated by injuries, and this guy is basically a shorter, often-injured version of Cam Johnson who plays behind Booker, Oubre, and Bridges. I am fine giving up a crappy guard or two for him, but a first round pick? I don't think so.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it would be too much to ask for Derrick Rose as well. Probably more like Tim Frazier.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am confused. Suns are decimated by injuries, and this guy is basically a shorter, often-injured version of Cam Johnson who plays behind Booker, Oubre, and Bridges. I am fine giving up a crappy guard or two for him, but a first round pick? I don't think so.
He has some ball handling skills. Can get his own shot. We don’t have many of those.

JerkFace

Reaction score
You're not at all concerned that he is one of the worst defensive players in the league, to add to a team that already has several poor defenders?
More hyperbole... im not claiming he is a good defensive player but he is far from one of the worst defensive players in the league. You are just making stuff up at this point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has some ball handling skills. Can get his own shot. We don’t have many of those.

If Kennard can play beside Booker, this raises his value. Possibly grooming him for the future to play point guard when Rubio's contract expires.

The knees are a reason for concern.

JerkFace

Reaction score
It is kind of funny, I went to some Detroit Pistons message boards and most people don’t like the trade from Detroit point of view. Most are hoping that the first round pick is for the 2021 draft since the 2020 draft is so bad, and even those people don’t think it is enough. I guess bad teams breed grumpy fans... ha.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
If Kennard can play beside Booker this raises his value. Possibly grooming him for the future to play point guard when Rubio's contract expires.
I don't think he's a good fit at point guard, he's a good ball handler but his assist numbers I think are inflated a bit as someone above previously stated it's easy to lob to Drummond, but we desperately need our point guards to run the offense and he's more of a booker type ball handler then a Rubio

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is kind of funny, I went to some Detroit Pistons message boards and most people don’t like the trade from Detroit point of view. Most are hoping that the first round pick is for the 2021 draft since the 2020 draft is so bad, and even those people don’t think it is enough. I guess bad teams breed grumpy fans... ha.

I will take anything encouraging if the trade happens.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's a good fit at point guard, he's a good ball handler but his assist numbers I think are inflated a bit as someone above previously stated it's easy to lob to Drummond, but we desperately need our point guards to run the offense and he's more of a booker type ball handler then a Rubio

Only speculating but Kennard might explode at PG/SG like Brogdon did after he was traded to the Pacers.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Quite unenthusiastic news that the Suns are interested in trading for Kennard.

Kennard is basically the less athletic and talented and more injury prone version of Booker. He is a good shooter, a solid ballhandler and passer, a bit more athletic than you would think at 1st sight but still average at best and I always thought that he is a weak defender based on eye-test but at least DPM stats do not support this impression.

If Kennard's knee injuries are not chronical, I'm OK with trading a (at least) lottery protected 1st for him, only if Wood is included as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Only speculating but Kennard might explode at PG/SG like Brogdon did after he was traded to the Pacers.
It could happen but I doubt he ever gets to brogdons level, there needs to be more to this trade then what is stated right now because I wouldn't give up a top 15 for kennard, and what happens if the pick then goes to them in a better draft next year, we would be choosing kennard and a player from this draft over a probable lottery pick in a better draft next year. Not sure that's the best move or not

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don't think that Brogdon did explode in Indianapolis. He passes more, and gets much more attention from defenses when shoots than he did in Milwaukee but all in all I think that till now he delivers less than expected.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could happen but I doubt he ever gets to brogdons level, there needs to be more to this trade then what is stated right now because I wouldn't give up a top 15 for kennard, and what happens if the pick then goes to them in a better draft next year, we would be choosing kennard and a player from this draft over a probable lottery pick in a better draft next year. Not sure that's the best move or not

It's not a trade I would have thought of. I'm mostly looking to find the logic behind the trade. Another player with a history of injury is not the most exciting thing in the world.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Kennard can play beside Booker, this raises his value. Possibly grooming him for the future to play point guard when Rubio's contract expires.

The knees are a reason for concern.
He’s definitely not a pg. he’s a wing. Primarily backup 2 guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Brogdon did explode in Indianapolis. He passes more, and gets much more attention from defenses when shoots than he did in Milwaukee but all in all I think that till now he delivers less than expected.

Mostly looking at Brogdon's assists leaping to 7.5 this season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson