NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns were able to trade for Aaron Gordon it would make the most sense. He is on a multi-year contract, young (24) and fits the Suns need at power forward.

Also Arizona fans might be happy to have two former players in the Suns front court.

My guess it would take a first round pick, maybe a young player and expiring contracts.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I don't think Gordon is worth that much. He's sort of dipped off after showing Blake Griffin like tendencies earlier in his career.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much can you get for a rental, doe?

The Suns received two second round picks for PJ Tucker. That's about the going rate although for a contender a late first round pick has about the same value.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Gordon is worth that much. He's sort of dipped off after showing Blake Griffin like tendencies earlier in his career.

I'd probably do it for a protected first round pick and expiring contracts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't listened to the podcast but reportedly Baynes name came up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baynes has been around long enough that him being out right now shouldn't hurt his trade value, provided a teams medical staff has access to his records and can see he should return to action soon.

Who knows what he'll bring back but I think he's played his last game as a Sun.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per Woj Celtics engaging in Capela trade talks.

I was thinking of a Capela for Hayward swap but Hayward is making $32 million to Capela's $14 million. I don't see how they can do something without getting a 3rd team involved unless Boston's outgoing package is centered around around Marcus Smart, who makes no sense for Houston. Capela & Austin Rivers for Marcus Smart & Enes Kanter works financially. Kanter would make for a decent Center in a D'Antoni system.

I could see D'Antoni starting Harden, Westbrook, Smart, Gordon, and Tucker together though. I almost want to see it happen. Houston is a long way from their twin tower days of Ralph Sampson and Hakeem Olajuwon.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Per Woj Celtics engaging in Capela trade talks.

I think Capela has a lot of value. He's probably not a good fit for the Suns, but if they were in a slightly different situation, he'd be well worth considering.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tristan Thompson is available in trade but I believe he is an expiring contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawks are in the mix for Capela too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If the Suns were able to trade for Aaron Gordon it would make the most sense. He is on a multi-year contract, young (24) and fits the Suns need at power forward.

Also Arizona fans might be happy to have two former players in the Suns front court.

My guess it would take a first round pick, maybe a young player and expiring contracts.

It’s just year 5 for him and we haven’t seen him take that next step(s). I understand he’s in a bad situation offensively so he has to shoot more in Orlando than he should. If he was willing to commit to the Marion/Draymond type role I’d take a flyer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s just year 5 for him and we haven’t seen him take that next step(s). I understand he’s in a bad situation offensively so he has to shoot more in Orlando than he should. If he was willing to commit to the Marion/Draymond type role I’d take a flyer.

I can't see the Suns doing better in the draft. He would be a nice fit beside Ayton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You didn't put a "/s" and so I bit. Stupid me....

If you see an article from that site, Valley of the Suns, it's safe to disregard it entirely. They've proposed a number of trade scenarios this year that include the Miami and Milwaukee picks that were dealt away during the 2018 and 2019 drafts. How they continue to make those mistakes is a bit mind boggling. They've had a number of fans point out those errors in the comment section and on Twitter but they don't smarten up at all. I've even had them "like" tweets I've sent pointing out the errors for them to make them again in the next trade article they write. It's like they do it on purpose for engagement purposes.