NBA playgrounds

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$19.99. looks like NBA Jam on the streets. I just bought it, looking forward to playing :)

If anyone gets it I'll play online with you!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/NBA-Playgrounds/BWD1BSW764RV?rtc=1

Classic NBA arcade action is back! Take your “A” game to the playground and beat the best in high-flying 2-on-2 basketball action. Practice your skills offline, play with up to three others, or take your talents online to posterize your opponents with acrobatic jams and ridiculous displays of skill. NBA Playgrounds will be released on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Classic NBA arcade action is back! Take your “A” game to the playground and beat the best in high-flying 2-on-2 basketball action. Practice your skills offline, play with up to three others on your Xbox or take your talents online to posterize your opponents with acrobatic jams and ridiculous displays of skill. Collect your favorite players from a massive roster of current and retired NBA superstars from every team. Travel to playgrounds across the globe to compete in online matches against the very best with your massive arsenal of dunks and moves. Use your fine-tuned skills to take on the master of the playground himself – Allen Iverson.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NBA Streets Vol. 2 is and will forever be one of my top 5 all time games.

And arguably the best in game soundtrack ever. Basically 'Shaft' music the whole time, super dope.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA Streets Vol. 2 is and will forever be one of my top 5 all time games.

And arguably the best in game soundtrack ever. Basically 'Shaft' music the whole time, super dope.

You must be registered for see images

I'm not sure which one I had but I LOVED it. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully its not like some other rebooted style games that are the basic game with none of the details. The season mode or whatever on streets was aqwesome and I want to do that again.

Also, I hope the old suns players are good ones. Nash and Barkley? Barkley Majerle? KJ and Amare?

Its a bummer this one isnt 3v3.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
played with my son for about an hour last night. You start off with 15 "player cards" that unlock players. So out the gate, you cant just be the suns, you get to be the players you unlock and earn better players over time.

I did unlock penny hardaway already which was cool.

Fun game but will take time to get used to. The standard release the ball at the top of your jump for video games is there but also applies to layups and dunks and it is very hard to figure out where the "top" of those jumps are.

Also, rebounding and getting stray balls is touch due to the depth perception in the game but I am sure I will get used to it.

I never had any luck with elbows or shoves. I was playing with my 8 year old and we won 2 games and lost 3. I played him once and dominated like 40-8 so playing alone or with someone of skill I think I would do much better.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game is pretty terrible. It took only a little bit of what made NBA Jams/Showtime good and didn't really improve on it. The silly meter for random perks doesn't work at all either.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game is pretty terrible. It took only a little bit of what made NBA Jams/Showtime good and didn't really improve on it. The silly meter for random perks doesn't work at all either.

The biggest problem I am having is just timing dunks and etc to not be "late" or "early"

The meter seems to fill and choose a random perk multiple times a game?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem I am having is just timing dunks and etc to not be "late" or "early"

The meter seems to fill and choose a random perk multiple times a game?

Yep, that one. It is terrible and takes away from the game experience. The AI is god like against you and oblivious when it is on your team. It is a sad excuse of a game which is a shame because it has a lot of potential if it were done correctly.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally found perks that dont work. The permanent stamina perk dies right away if you do multiple pushes in a row. If you dont push, it lasts through the whole timer.

my son loves it so we have been playing a lot.