NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dennis Smith Jr. will sign with Hornets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if something is cooking with the Lakers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bojan Bogdanovic expects to be traded soon per report.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does make one wonder how much the Suns were interested in Bojan. Maybe they are looking at other targets.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does make one wonder how much the Suns were interested in Bojan. Maybe they are looking at other targets.

You never know how these things play out. The Suns could have low balled Utah for all we know and it backfired or like you said there wasn't a strong interest because they have their eye on someone else.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Or Ainge said FU to the suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if UTA will flip Olynk, I wouldn't mind having him, I wanted PHX to sign him a couple of years ago but he signed with DET which was odd fit.

Yes. I think the Jazz will flip Kelly Olynyk. At 31 he doesn't fit into their rebuild.

With the Suns current roster, I'm not sure if he would be a fit here. Of course things can change.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I think the Jazz will flip Kelly Olynyk. At 31 he doesn't fit into their rebuild.

With the Suns current roster, I'm not sure if he would be a fit here. Of course things can change.
Olynk could start at PF. He should come cheaper than Bojan (trade assets) and provides more size and all around game than Bojan. That would keep Cam on bench were he could provide offensive punch with second unit and would move Crowder to bench unless he is dealt.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olynk could start at PF. He should come cheaper than Bojan (trade assets) and provides more size and all around game than Bojan. That would keep Cam on bench were he could provide offensive punch with second unit and would move Crowder to bench unless he is dealt.

I've always liked Kelly Olynyk, but I think the Suns could use more quickness at power forward.

As a backup 4/5, he would be a nice option.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well
I've always liked Kelly Olynyk, but I think the Suns could use more quickness at power forward.

As a backup 4/5, he would be a nice option.
Well, when the new owner comes in maybe they will be willing to go for another big contract PF like Collins, etc.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if something is cooking with the Lakers.

Yeah, what's cooking is they don't want him anymore.

No team should. I really can't see how he can be a positive on any NBA team the way he played last season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised so many Suns fans have bought into how the media and the Lakers have made Westbrook the Lakers scapegoat. He's literally 1 season removed from averaging a triple double for the 4th time in his career. He hadnt shot so few attempts since his 2nd year in the league and had his lowest scoring average since then as well. He still shot better than he did he in his first 2 years in the league and also averaged 7 boards and 7 assists a game to go with his 18 points.

Russ wasn't to blame for the absolutely awful roster the Lakers assembled. Who did they have other than LeBron, Davis, and THT? A bunch of has-beens. LeBron played in just 56 games and Davis 40 games. The only other player who started in over 40 games was Avery Bradley, who started 45 and played in 62 games. I really don't see how Russ is to blame when there was no roster continuity night to night.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised so many Suns fans have bought into how the media and the Lakers have made Westbrook the Lakers scapegoat. He's literally 1 season removed from averaging a triple double for the 4th time in his career. He hadnt shot so few attempts since his 2nd year in the league and had his lowest scoring average since then as well. He still shot better than he did he in his first 2 years in the league and also averaged 7 boards and 7 assists a game to go with his 18 points.

Russ wasn't to blame for the absolutely awful roster the Lakers assembled. Who did they have other than LeBron, Davis, and THT? A bunch of has-beens. LeBron played in just 56 games and Davis 40 games. The only other player who started in over 40 games was Avery Bradley, who started 45 and played in 62 games. I really don't see how Russ is to blame when there was no roster continuity night to night.
I could probably meet you halfway between Russell the Scapegoat and Russell the Triple Double Star. I think it was a really bad fit and the Lakers are partly to blame for his poor performance but I don't think it's all on them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember any Suns fans thinking Westbrook would be a good fit with the Lakers. He was pretty much a known commodity when he went there. The Lakers assembled the roster, so I think it's on them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could probably meet you halfway between Russell the Scapegoat and Russell the Triple Double Star. I think it was a really bad fit and the Lakers are partly to blame for his poor performance but I don't think it's all on them.

It's definitely on the Lakers but all I see is talk of how washed up Westbrook is and I don't buy it. It was a poor fit but LeBron and AD orchestrated the deal for Russ, trading virtually all of their moveable assets for him. The fit was questionable from the very first hint the deal would happen though. Russ has always been a ball dominant do it all sort of guy but the Lakers already had LeBron in that role so it really didn't make sense. Kind of like Denver pairing up Carmelo and AI back in the day. Having 2 guys who do the same thing rarely works out in the NBA. However Russ gets the bulk of the blame when it was LeBron and the Lakers who made the move.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely on the Lakers but all I see is talk of how washed up Westbrook is and I don't buy it. It was a poor fit but LeBron and AD orchestrated the deal for Russ, trading virtually all of their moveable assets for him. The fit was questionable from the very first hint the deal would happen though. Russ has always been a ball dominant do it all sort of guy but the Lakers already had LeBron in that role so it really didn't make sense. Kind of like Denver pairing up Carmelo and AI back in the day. Having 2 guys who do the same thing rarely works out in the NBA. However Russ gets the bulk of the blame when it was LeBron and the Lakers who made the move.
Yeah I'll admit I was one of the few here that didn't pre-judge how Russell would fit in. I thought if he were willing to be more of a playmaker it might work and I assumed (risky word, I know) that Lebron and Westbrook were already on the same page as to what his role would be. But that clearly wasn't the case so I'm not sure what Lebron expected from Russell.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can only say all of the above if you didn’t watch any Lakers games last year. I did out of morbid curiosity when they were healthy and were banged up and the only consistent thing was how atrocious Westbrook was.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can only say all of the above if you didn’t watch any Lakers games last year. I did out of morbid curiosity when they were healthy and were banged up and the only consistent thing was how atrocious Westbrook was.

Yep, it was a terrible fit from the start and that isn't Russ' fault, but he made no effort to style his game to work better with the team, while at the same time playing horrifically bad. Those shooting stats are almost entirely on wide open shots, teams would beg him to shoot and he would oblige... and his defense was a whole other situation.

I've got a buddy in LA, life long Laker fan and he says he's never hated watching a Laker more than watching Westbrook.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, it was a terrible fit from the start and that isn't Russ' fault, but he made no effort to style his game to work better with the team, while at the same time playing horrifically bad. Those shooting stats are almost entirely on wide open shots, teams would beg him to shoot and he would oblige... and his defense was a whole other situation.

I've got a buddy in LA, life long Laker fan and he says he's never hated watching a Laker more than watching Westbrook.
It looked like he was TRYUNG to be bad. Comically bad.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing rumors about Shai being obtainable before this season. Dreaming is free though.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I've been hearing rumors about Shai being obtainable before this season. Dreaming is free though.

Xin Varlock is a troll. There haven’t been any whispers from anyone credible regarding SGA wanting out. However it makes sense that the Suns would be interested if OKC was ready to move in. Maybe Presti is jealous of Ainge passing him for draft pick capital…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose