NBA Finals Predictions 2024 (Pick only 2)

Which 2 teams will be in the Finals?

• Idiana Pacers (eastern)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers (eastern)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver's bench got alot worse especially losing Bruce Brown hurt
and it's obvious that Murray isn't 100%.

every year, the playoffs seem to be trending more and more towards a flat out war of attrition, where the healthiest team ends up the winner. Maybe that's how it's always been (and I know the Suns have mostly been one of the unlucky dinged up squads in the playoffs), but it just seems much more prevalent recently.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denver's bench got alot worse especially losing Bruce Brown hurt

Bruce Brown was a Swiss army knife for them. He could come in for anyone other than Jokic and keep the offense and defense humming. They shouldn't have let him get away.

Brown wasn't good in Indiana but they managed to flip him for Siakam, who is excellent with Haliburton and Turner.

Almost every big move that's been made has helped bolster some good teams. Look at New York, Indiana, Minnesota, Dallas, OKC, and Boston. All teams left standing who took chances that paid off. I really like New York next year when they get everyone back healthy. They probably have one of the best 8-9 squads in the league with Brunson, DiVincenzo, OG, Randle, Robinson, Hart, Bogdanovich, and Harlestein. Randle, a multi-time All-Star, is probably the weakest part of the crop and if they can flip him somehow for a two way forward then they could be legit contenders or favorites. Theyre just not healthy enough for a run now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Hoop Head

I really like your signature. @elindholm was so on target with the comment below. I miss his posts.

"Nurkic will not be what we hoped Ayton would become. But Ayton won't either."

Best summary of Ayton and Nurkic last off-season when the deal went down. Ayton has so much unrealized potential but he'll never put it together so getting someone like Nurk is really for the best. Nurkic knows his role and plays hard night in and night out. Throw in the other pieces like Grayson and it was a good trade. One of the few under JJ.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best summary of Ayton and Nurkic last off-season when the deal went down. Ayton has so much unrealized potential but he'll never put it together so getting someone like Nurk is really for the best. Nurkic knows his role and plays hard night in and night out. Throw in the other pieces like Grayson and it was a good trade. One of the few under JJ.

It was probably the best deal the Suns could get for Ayton, but the Suns really need a tall, mobile shot blocker and rebounder to back Nurkic up.