NBA Finals: LAKERS vs CELTICS (non-bias version 1.0)

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm actually going to watch this one. Yes i'm a Kobe hater but i'll give the LAKERS their due when its deserved in this series.:D
LAKERS fans are welcome here too....but ya'll are gonna have to be objective! O_B_J_E_C_T_I_V_E. :p

I'm pulling for the CELTICS big time though.
I'm a fan of Ray Allen,Rondo,Dannah Ainge etc...

CELTICS in 6

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Anyone remember when YJGS'd started a game thread, then someone else started a game thread right after it and everyone started posting in the 2nd thread?

Good times.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember when YJGS'd started a game thread, then someone else started a game thread right after it and everyone started posting in the 2nd thread?

Good times.

Come to think of it, i haven't seen YJGSD post in a while.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I'd root for Celtics just on Danny Ainge factor alone. Aside from Kidd and partially Dyce, I don't hate any of those former Suns and would still root for Marbury, Penny, Googs, Shaq. ;)

Anyway, Celtics in 6 objectively! Lakers' offense will not work well against Celtics defense. Only Suns offense could break their defense, but too bad it's not happening at least for a year. :(

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shannon Brown playing really well
It amazes me how quick Garnett got old
Old ass Rasheed Wallace>Channing Frye as first big off the bench
Its truly amazing all the talent at guard the SUNS have had,drafted and/or aquired and/or lost over the years.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers looking good so far, but the Celts are not looking bad either. Looks like Gasol has toughened up some but we will know for sure as the series progresses.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lakers looking good so far, but the Celts are not looking bad either. Looks like Gasol has toughened up some but we will know for sure as the series progresses.

Has Kobe even broken a sweat yet? IIRC he usually waits till gm 2 to get going anyway,after sizing up the defensive strategy. It'd be nice to have a player with that kind of talent who can just turn it on at his leisure.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lovely flop by Gasol lol. And they called a foul on him haha.

cly2tw

Reaction score
here is KG fumbling the ball twice in a row under the basket all by himself, in crunch time, on a super max contract! ;)

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, where are the Amare Bashers, Kevin Garnet with 3 rebounds, Perkins 3 rebounds so far with 5mins left in the 4th. It is called boxing out the bigs so pierce can get 7 rebounds and Rondo 8

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So, where are the Amare Bashers, Kevin Garnet with 3 rebounds, Perkins 3 rebounds so far with 5mins left in the 4th. It is called boxing out the bigs so pierce can get 7 rebounds and Rondo 8
You know what? Garnett is DONE. The Celtics could use an Amare Stoudemire right about now(offensively).

Edit; but yeah, after watching our SUns and now the Celtics vs the Lakers it seems that controlling the glass and offensive rebounding are key to beating LA.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
As much as I despise the Lakers I'm hoping they win. Heck. Even sweep. If the Suns are going to lose to a team, I'd prefer it to be the eventual NBA champions.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I despise the Lakers I'm hoping they win. Heck. Even sweep. If the Suns are going to lose to a team, I'd prefer it to be the eventual NBA champions.

I don't care who wins this series as long as it isn't the Celtics. Actually, it never crossed my mind that the Celts could beat this Lakers team. Of course, it never crossed my mind that they could beat the Cavs or the Magic either. Regardless, if the refs do their job rather than the job Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy want them to do, the Lakers should win this in 5.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this has to be the dumbest post I've seen in a while. The Celtics got pounded on the boards by 11 and gave up 16 second chance points for the Lakers to ZERO for themselves.

Boxing out and getting out-rebounded! THAT'S GREAT! Totally let's Amare off the hook for being pathetic on the boards.

Jesus Afro, they lost the game tonight because Gasol and Bynum ABUSED KG/Perkins on the boards.

Pointing to Pierce and Rondo as proof that boxing out works when the Celtics got killed on the rebounds isn't just funny, it's moronic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care who wins this series as long as it isn't the Celtics. Actually, it never crossed my mind that the Celts could beat this Lakers team. Of course, it never crossed my mind that they could beat the Cavs or the Magic either. Regardless, if the refs do their job rather than the job Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy want them to do, the Lakers should win this in 5.

Steve

I am the opposite. I would want any team but the Lakers to win. OK, maybe not Dallas or the Spurs.:D

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this has to be the dumbest post I've seen in a while. The Celtics got pounded on the boards by 11 and gave up 16 second chance points for the Lakers to ZERO for themselves.

Boxing out and getting out-rebounded! THAT'S GREAT! Totally let's Amare off the hook for being pathetic on the boards.

Jesus Afro, they lost the game tonight because Gasol and Bynum ABUSED KG/Perkins on the boards.

Pointing to Pierce and Rondo as proof that boxing out works when the Celtics got killed on the rebounds isn't just funny, it's moronic.
There you go again with your rantings. foaming at the mouth as usual. You can come up with whatever excuse you want to keep bashing Amare. The simple reality is that the Lakers are big and only a dimwit would argue when they kill opponents on the boards like some were doing during the WCF.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There you go again with your rantings. foaming at the mouth as usual. You can come up with whatever excuse you want to keep bashing Amare.

whatever excuse I want? I'm pretty consistent. He's a pathetic rebounder who plays no defense.

The simple reality is that the Lakers are big and only a dimwit would argue when they kill opponents on the boards like some were doing during the WCF.

sorry, your post and this post are just that dumb. Yes, they are big. But you're letting Amare off the hook because a broken down shell of a KG can't rebound either? That's a joke dude.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
There you go again with your rantings. foaming at the mouth as usual. You can come up with whatever excuse you want to keep bashing Amare. The simple reality is that the Lakers are big and only a dimwit would argue when they kill opponents on the boards like some were doing during the WCF.

Similar to how Channing Frye had 10+ rebounds in Game 5 and 6 right? You people are ridiculous. The so called bigs is one player. Bynum was a non-factor and Gasol pretty much was the only one in the paint. Amare couldn't get rebounds over a guy who is slower than him in Gasol and a guy with a torn meniscus in Bynum? Sure there people... Oh yea and the lucky Odom... Too bad Amare couldn't stop the lucky Odom from raping him with rebounds.

Last edited:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whatever excuse I want? I'm pretty consistent. He's a pathetic rebounder who plays no defense.

sorry, your post and this post are just that dumb. Yes, they are big. But you're letting Amare off the hook because a broken down shell of a KG can't rebound either? That's a joke dude.

You can say i let him off the hook, but that is your take. 3-4 rebound is pathetic but the bashing of Amare on this thread, while the same people use KG as a poster-boy for all things defense, is just plain stupid.
Now Garnet is old!! y'all werent saying that when you were all using him as a benchmark for Amare's performance. Make no mistake. i think it is bad for Amare to average what 6 rebounds in the playoofs but the way he was crucified against LA was just plain stupid.

Similar to how Channing Frye had 10+ rebounds in Game 5 and 6 right? You people are ridiculous.

Exactly what i meant about your distorted view. Frye should be averaging more rebounds than Amare. My post was not to avail Amare of his poor rebounding, but call out incessant Amare bashers like you. see your post in another thread below.

He would have been owned by KG and the other guys in the paint and had the same pathetic effort on defense and rebounding that whatever points he scored wouldn't really make a difference.

Last edited: