Nash, Thierry Henry, Baron to play soccer in NYC

Nash

Reaction score
Guys near NYC will love this.
I am going to try to make it to this game but it'll be hard getting out of work in time. It would've been easier if teh game were schedule for 6:30.

ESPN's Marc Stein has word that Steve Nash and many of his friends -- including several NBA players, and some of the best soccer players on the planet -- will be playing a soccer game tomorrow afternoon in New York City to raise money for charity.
It's free and open to the public. It will take place at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at Nike Field in Sara D. Roosevelt Park. The game is just off Chrystie Street (between Rivington and Stanton Streets) south of Houston.
Among those expected to participate are Baron Davis, Jason Kidd, Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa, Joakim Noah, Thierry Henry, Claudio Reyna, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Jozy Altidore, Juan Pablo Angel, and Gregg Berhalter.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop...--Baron-Davis--Thierry-Henry-and-Company.html

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
I'm there

Edit: Will bring my camera and hopefully upload some pics.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Raja Will land awkwardly on his ankle and he'll be done for the season!!

j/k

OP
OP
Nash

Nash

Reaction score
atikin, jagu : do you guys live in the city?

I live in South Jersey and by my estimation it will take 2 hours to get to Chinatown from here. I'm still torn on whether or not to make the hike.

this is probably the only chance I will get to watch Thierry henry play.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
Well this was quite entertaining. Got a bunch of pics I'll upload later. Baron Davis cracked me up.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2076605&id=26301696

Uploaded the photos to my facebook. Let me know if you guys can see them, I set the permission to "everyone" so hopefully it works.

BTW as I've mentioned before we got the biggest laugh out of Baron Davis at the game. I was fine with the fact that he didn't know how to play soccer, no shame in that, just a game for charity. But the man showed up to the game in is basketball shoes and baseball cap. And even that was ok but when he got gassed before halftime, that took the cake. Anyway, we def enjoyed heckling him a bit and it was all in good fun.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2076605&id=26301696

Uploaded the photos to my facebook. Let me know if you guys can see them, I set the permission to "everyone" so hopefully it works.

BTW as I've mentioned before we got the biggest laugh out of Baron Davis at the game. I was fine with the fact that he didn't know how to play soccer, no shame in that, just a game for charity. But the man showed up to the game in is basketball shoes and baseball cap. And even that was ok but when he got gassed before halftime, that took the cake. Anyway, we def enjoyed heckling him a bit and it was all in good fun.

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested can not be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
You're going to need a facebook account to view the pics.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
Nope I have one and its still saying the Content is not avalaible. Maybe you gave us a bad link.
Strange, the link is working for me and a bunch of other people i just sent it to. Are you logged into your facebook account?

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Strange, the link is working for me and a bunch of other people i just sent it to. Are you logged into your facebook account?
Positive.

The page you requested can not be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

That might be the case. Idk thanks for trying though

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score

I think only your Facebook friends can see them. I don't want to add you as a friend cuz you look like a serial killer.

planaria

Rookie
Reaction score
Lol

You cant even imagine how Barbosa´s image is being destroyed here in Brazil by his photos playing soccer.