Name three players currently on the Suns roster with the worst 3-point percentage this season

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
Among those with more than 100 attempts, so DA, Landale, Bazley, Saben Lee, Warren, Ross are out.

Let’s run it until the Nuggets game. And don’t cheat, please :)

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Among those with more than 100 attempts, so DA, Landale, Bazley, Saben Lee, Warren, Ross are out.

Let’s run it until the Nuggets game. And don’t cheat, please :)
I'd say Ish, Okogie and then either Booker or CP3.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't play. I already know this. I have been watching this stat.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okogie has to be the worst, after that probably Booker. I would have guess Jock but you said he hasn't shot enough... so Shamet?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damion Lee has to be bottom 3
Shamet

Guessing on #3 but ill say Okogie.
Over the second half of the season, you're probably right. But he was so good the first few months I'd be surprised if it's fallen to the bottom. Okogie though is probably a lock.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I scour our nightly box scores so I can easily get influenced by recent events

I do the same and somehow managed to forget Ish existed when I listed my 3. He's got to be at the bottom 3. I tried not to look at any other posts until I made mine and that probably would have helped me remember him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Over the second half of the season, you're probably right. But he was so good the first few months I'd be surprised if it's fallen to the bottom. Okogie though is probably a lock.

He's been awful the last 2 months or so. As I said, I forgot Ish existed. He probably would have been my lock had I not suffered from a brain fart.

OP
OP
D

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
Over the second half of the season, you're probably right. But he was so good the first few months I'd be surprised if it's fallen to the bottom.
Seasonwise Damion Lee is by far our best 3-point shooter at 45%. #2 is at 39%.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
all of our 3pt shooters (minus Ish) can get hot and go bezerko mode - including TJ and Ross - it's all about finding who's got the touch each night - because that's what's going to vary

OP
OP
D

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone who participated.

The winner is, once again, Steve, getting 2.5 out of 3 correct, congratulations!

And here are our worst 3-point shooters:

#3 Booker (35.4%)
#2 Ish (34.2%)
#1 Okogie (33.7%)

I was very surprised to find out that Book was the third worst, considering that he attempts the most threes. I’d say he really needs to pick his spots better.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The winner is, once again, Steve, getting 2.5 out of 3 correct, congratulations!

#3 Booker (35.4%)
#2 Ish (34.2%)
#1 Okogie (33.7%)

I was very surprised to find out that Book was the third worst, considering that he attempts the most threes. I’d say he really needs to pick his spots better.

Not really his spots, but his timing. He can go hero mode and just miss bad, also just needs to stop at the end of quarters. He hit a smooth shot too, and it'll end being scored as a long 2.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

#3 Booker (35.4%)
#2 Ish (34.2%)
#1 Okogie (33.7%)

A tad misleading when looking at him purely as the 3rd worst on the team. The league average for Point guards is 35.7% this year 37% by shooting guards. Book is on par with the best shooting guards and a bit off among shooting guards.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If the threshold is at least 1 attempt per game than Landale is easily the worst.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

#3 Booker (35.4%)
#2 Ish (34.2%)
#1 Okogie (33.7%)

Well, it's more about him just needing to make them. He can and should be shooting them better.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Book. Many of those are forced end of the quarter threes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Book. Many of those are forced end of the quarter threes.
Yeah he takes a lot of clock based threes whether it's the shot clock or the game clock. He also faces the most doubles and triples. Regardless, I think he needs to raise it a few percentage points and hopefully with KD drawing defensive attention he will.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's more about him just needing to make them. He can and should be shooting them better.
He is only 1.6% of the league average for his position. According to stat muse the league average for SG is 37%. If he didn't take so many late clock 3's he would be right there. Even with those he is almost there.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah he takes a lot of clock based threes whether it's the shot clock or the game clock. He also faces the most doubles and triples. Regardless, I think he needs to raise it a few percentage points and hopefully with KD drawing defensive attention he will.
It goes well beyond this though. He shoots 36% on open 3s (nearest defender 4-6' away) and 39% on wide open 3s (nearest defender 6+' away). Neither of these numbers are exactly impressive.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It goes well beyond this though. He shoots 36% on open 3s (nearest defender 4-6' away) and 39% on wide open 3s (nearest defender 6+' away). Neither of these numbers are exactly impressive.
That's surprising, I didn't realize he was so mediocre on open threes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the league averages for shooting guards using those same stats?