Murray Hurt His Shoulder Week 9

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...houlder-injury-happened-against-the-dolphins/

“It happened against the Dolphins,” Murray said during an appearance on PFT Live. “I don’t know if you saw, I ran into a dude like third and long, one of the downs, whatever, that started it off. Then the Seahawks game I landed on it first drive. That’s kind of when it really started. . . . I couldn’t really — I wanted to stay in the game for my guys against the Seahawks. I wasn’t running around as much taking hits. I think that affected it. After that game I was fine. Obviously, had to play through it a little bit. But uou take hits here and there and you keep playing, and it was fine. I was good throughout the year. I don’t think it affected me as much as people think it did.”

This should be fun...

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comparing up to and including Miami to the 7 weeks after (not counting last game where he had only 11 pass attempts)

Pre Miami Game Murray had 100.9 average QB Rating. After Miami 89.99

Average YPA went from 7.72 to 6.67

Rushing Per Game from 68 to 29

Yards per Rushing Attempt from 7.43 to 4.91

Completion Percentage not a huge dip but big with the reduction in YPA from 67% to 66%

Passing TDs from 2 a game to 1 a game

It is a clear across the board decline from that game forward.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Would love to compare that to other QBs. His play disipated considerably around the middle of session. Injuries could explain it, but most NFL players play thru injuries at a high level, even as bad as needing surgery after the season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea many many players and QBs have played through injury and at high levels. Even Murray himself said it didn’t really effect him and he was fine???

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yea many many players and QBs have played through injury and at high levels. Even Murray himself said it didn’t really effect him and he was fine???

Every NFL player, including quarterbacks, are playing hurt through midyear.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He is downplaying it for sure. He never even owned the injury til now.

After he said he was fine he says "I mean I had to play through it"

The biggest change is the rushing. He even admits that

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They better have a decent back up next year.

If his injuries, no matter what he will publicly admit, are turning him from Superman to Clark Kent...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

If his injuries, no matter what he will publicly admit, are turning him from Superman to Clark Kent...

If they had a better backup than Streveler, it would have been so much better to give him 2 weeks off to heal, than to have him play through it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With Hundley in for some games last year we would have been a playoff team. Many decisions just made no sense. Typical Cardinals' wasted season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
With Hundley in for some games last year we would have been a playoff team. Many decisions just made no sense. Typical Cardinals' wasted season.

Clearly there was more that we don't know about, with Kliff, Hundley and Streveler...Was Kliff just trying to outsmart everyone else? Did Streveler beat him in an arm wrestling competition? Did Hundley sleep with Kliff's girlfriend?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This highlights his need to grow as a passer. As K9 said, being nicked up is part of playing in the NFL. This is going to likely be the case every year and he can't be a franchise and winning QB if he is unable to be successful without scrambling.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly there was more that we don't know about, with Kliff, Hundley and Streveler...Was Kliff just trying to outsmart everyone else? Did Streveler beat him in an arm wrestling competition? Did Hundley sleep with Kliff's girlfriend?

Did Hundley copy Kliff's backyard layout? :shrug:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full disclosure never watched the full Rams loss where Streveler played since we lost. That said, until the picksix, which again should not have counted they were offsides on the play, Kliff was winning the game with Streveler at QB, and that doesn't even include the safety which I still think should have been offsetting penalties down over.

Clearly Streveler didn't look very good, but my point is if you take that Picksix back, five yards offsides first and 10 from the Ram 30 yard line. If we score a FG on that drive we are up 10-5 at the half, with Streveler at QB. The last time Hundley played at all really was 2 years ago against Seattle, not a great Seattle defense, certainly not as good as the Rams defense. He went 4-9 for 49 yards and ran 6 times for 35. Not god awful but not particularly good. and that was against a Seattle team that was already in the playoffs. I am not saying Streveler is good I'm questioning why people think Brett Hundley is?

Reactions: TRW

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Full disclosure never watched the full Rams loss where Streveler played since we lost. That said, until the picksix, which again should not have counted they were offsides on the play, Kliff was winning the game with Streveler at QB, and that doesn't even include the safety which I still think should have been offsetting penalties down over.

Clearly Streveler didn't look very good, but my point is if you take that Picksix back, five yards offsides first and 10 from the Ram 30 yard line. If we score a FG on that drive we are up 10-5 at the half, with Streveler at QB. The last time Hundley played at all really was 2 years ago against Seattle, not a great Seattle defense, certainly not as good as the Rams defense. He went 4-9 for 49 yards and ran 6 times for 35. Not god awful but not particularly good. and that was against a Seattle team that was already in the playoffs. I am not saying Streveler is good I'm questioning why people think Brett Hundley is?
We need better than both of them, I agree. Tyrod Taylor would not be a horrible option and would likely not get in Kyler's head.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yes, if a bunch of stuff that happened hadn't, and if a bunch of stuff that didn't happen did, the result would maybe have been different.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Hundley was on some type of secret-probation and agreed to not play and everyone kept quiet about it?