Murphy is TRASH!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A bit much to ask a rookie to become an immediate impact player, especially with very limited help around him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah if he’s the Christian Kirk of cbs is kinda a miss imo. Your first and second rounders need to at least sometimes be impact players. If they’re all just average at their position you’ve got an average team.
Well that is also about the situation.

If Kirk/Muphy were on the Patriots I could see them being stars one day. That organization from top to bottom is so far ahead that guys like them would be stars in their role. So many good players/coaches around them that they'd maximize their potential.

However, on a team like us trying to build something they look like just guys. Its one of the reasons I questioned the Isabella/Edelman logic.

It took Edelman years to really get going. They had the talent around him to let him grow and didn't have that kind of pressure.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murphy is going to be fine. He got meaningful snaps and had up and down production. That is what happens to most non-first round rookie CBs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Murphy is going to be fine. He got meaningful snaps and had up and down production. That is what happens to most non-first round rookie CBs.

I'm excited that you still consistently saw him get his hand in and breakup passes. Bad corners generally dont do that at all.

I think hes more of an average athlete and he needs to get stronger and quicker, which should happen with an offseason of work.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
DESPERATELY needs to learn how to locate the ball. He's looked garbage in the (very) limited amount of game time I've seen, but he's been stride for stride with the WR a lot. That doesn't matter one bit if you can't turn your head. I worry that it's instinctual and maybe not coachable. A lot of players in the league that don't make it seem to have that problem and can't correct it.

Reactions: PJ1

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
DESPERATELY needs to learn how to locate the ball. He's looked garbage in the (very) limited amount of game time I've seen, but he's been stride for stride with the WR a lot. That doesn't matter one bit if you can't turn your head. I worry that it's instinctual and maybe not coachable. A lot of players in the league that don't make it seem to have that problem and can't correct it.
Being around the ball is step 1...making a play is step 2. He meets step 1 which means he will stick in the league.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard