Movie A Day: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Actors: Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy, Stubby Kaye, Kathleen Turner, Lou Hirsch

Amazon Review

This zany, eye-popping, knee-slapping landmark in combining animation with live-action ingeniously makes that uneasy combination itself (and the history of Hollywood) its subject. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is based on classic L.A. private-eye movies (and, specifically, Chinatown), with detective Eddie Valiant (Bob Hoskins) investigating a case involving adultery, blackmail, murder, and a fiendish plot to replace Los Angeles's once-famous Red Car public transportation system with the automobiles and freeways that would later make it the nation's smog capital. Of course, his sleuthing takes him back to the place he dreads: Toontown, the ghetto for cartoons that abuts Hollywood and that was the site of a tragic incident in Eddie's past. In addition to intermingling cartoon characters with live actors and locations, Roger Rabbit also brings together the greatest array of cartoon stars in the history of motion pictures, from a variety of studios (Disney, Warner Bros., MGM, Fleischer, Universal, and elsewhere): Betty Boop, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Woody Woodpecker, Droopy Dog, and more! And, of course, there's Maroon Cartoon's greatest star, Roger Rabbit (voice by Charles Fleischer), who suspects his ultracurvaceous wife, Jessica Rabbit (voice by Kathleen Turner: "I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way"), of infidelity. Directed by Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, Contact), not since the early Looney Tunes' "You Oughtta Be in Pictures" has there been anything like Roger Rabbit. --Jim Emerson

Not the first live action & cartoon mix but easily one of the best. Great new characters mixed in with a bunch of cameos from everybody's favorites (I have no idea how the got everyone on board to put their characters in, besides well $$, but I'm glad they did), great story, and some great comedy. Who knew Christopher Lloyd could play a good villain?

The amount of detail for this film was unbelievable from Roger leaving a handprint on Eddie Valiant's brother's dust covered chair to the grafitti on the walls in Toon Town ("For a good time call Alice in 'Wonderland'"), showing there was a great deal of love that went into this movie.

Of course the star of the show was Jessica Rabbit and the endless string of innuendo that came as a result of that one character alone (how in the world this movie got a PG rating I'll never know).

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
My mom loves to tell the story of the first time I went to Disneyland (I was probably 2 or 3) I was just crying and scared of all of the characters. That is until I saw Roger Rabbit. I became the happiest camper. I still can't believe my parents let me watch this movie so young but I thank them for it because it is so great. Easily in my top 10 movies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard