movie a day # 308 - the rules of attraction

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
i LOVE this movie. awesome music, awesome actors (yes, even james was good), and one of the few movies that i found to be better than the book. very cool.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tagline: There Are No Rules

Plot Outline: The incredibly spoiled and overprivileged students of Camden College are a backdrop for an unusual love triangle between a drug dealer, a virgin and a bisexual classmate.

Plot Synopsis: Camden College. Sean Bateman (James Van Der Beek) is the younger brother of depraved Wall Street broker Patrick Bateman. He's also a drug dealer who owes a lot of money to "fellow" dealer Rupert Guest (Clifton Collins, Jr.), as well as a well-known womanizer, for he sleeps with nearly half of the female population on campus. Lauren Hynde (Shannyn Sossamon) is, technically, a virgin. She's saving herself for her shallow boyfriend, Victor Johnson (Kip Pardue), who's left the States to backpack across Europe. Her slutty roommate, Lara (Jessica Biel), has the hots for Victor as well. Paul Denton (Ian Somerhalder), who used to date Lauren, is openly bisexual and attracted to Mitchell Allen (Thomas Ian Nicholas), who's dating Candice (Clare Kramer) to prove to Paul that he's not gay. Sean loves Lauren. Paul loves Sean. And Lauren may love Sean.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plot wise, does this have any connection to American Psycho besides the fact that the Van Der Beek is supposed to be the brother of the original Christian Bale character?

OP
OP
jenna2891

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
nm132 said:
Plot wise, does this have any connection to American Psycho besides the fact that the Van Der Beek is supposed to be the brother of the original Christian Bale character?

not really. he (james) gets a phone call and briefly thinks the guy on the other line is patrick bateman, his brother. that's about it, though.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would give a major body part in exchange for a night with Jessica Biel.... she's lovely

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Jenna but this movie was terrible. MY wife ran out and bought it the first week it came out on DVD based on a recomendation. Needles to say we both were extremely unimpressed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn