Movie-a-day #244 Father Goose

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that my week doesn't start until tomorrow, but I probably won't be able to log on until the afternoon, so I wanted to get my movie for tomorrow posted tonight, instead of tomorrow afternoon. :D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005N910/qid=1125963980/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-3828371-1673657?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

You must be registered for see images attach

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Cary Grant's penultimate feature before retirement was this cheerful 1964 effort to overturn his career-long image of urbane sophistication. As the unshaven, messy misanthrope Walter Eckland, a World War II-era beach bum who monitors Japanese air activity for the Australian navy in exchange for booze, Grant makes a convincingly hard-bitten, hard-drinking antihero. Until, that is, a pretty French schoolmistress (Leslie Caron) and her seven little charges (all girls) survive a nearby plane crash and invade Eckland's raunchy isolation. Directed by 1960s hit-maker Ralph Nelson (The Lilies of the Field, Charly), Father Goose is a glossy comedy that also does justice to its more suspenseful scenes (a deadly snakebite suffered by Caron's character is especially memorable) and leaves plenty of room for Grant to indulge in some entertaining if atypical screen behavior. All in all, this is a minor treat in the actor's magnificent filmography. --Tom Keogh

Cast List

Cary Grant ... Walter Christopher Eckland
Leslie Caron ... Catherine Freneau
Trevor Howard ... Commander Frank Houghton
Jack Good ... Lieutenant Stebbings
Sharyl Locke ... Jenny
Pip Sparke ... Anne
Verina Greenlaw ... Christine
Stephanie Berrington ... Elizabeth Anderson
Jennifer Berrington ... Harriet MacGregor
Laurelle Felsette ... Angelique
Nicole Felsette ... Dominique

My thoughts:
I just love this movie! I grew up watching older movies thanks to my very over-protective parents. Developing a love of older movies is definitely one of the best things that came out of their over-protectiveness!!! This was one of my favorites from the age of 10 or so, and on! I didn’t care that it was made in 1964 and I was born in 1977! This film just captured my imagination! I love movies and books that mentally take me to another time and place! Tidbit of info, this movie was filmed in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard