Movie-A-Day #141: Scent of a Woman

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well, I had to select a movie this week featuring one of my favorite actors of all-time, and that is Al Pacino..... Thanks to
Amazon.com again for the following:

[/quote]Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com essential video
Hoo-ah! After seven Oscar nominations for his outstanding work in films such as The Godfather, Serpico, and Dog Day Afternoon, it's ironic that Al Pacino finally won the Oscar for his grandstanding lead performance in this 1992 crowd pleaser. As the blind, blunt, and ultimately benevolent retired Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade, Pacino is both hammy and compelling, simultaneously subtle and grandly over-the-top when defending his new assistant and prep school student Charlie (Chris O'Donnell) at a disciplinary hearing. While the subplot involving Charlie's prep-school crisis plays like a sequel to Dead Poets Society, Pacino's adventurous escapades in New York City provide comic relief, rich character development, and a memorable supporting role for Gabrielle Anwar as the young woman who accepts the colonel's invitation to dance the tango. Scent of a Woman is a remake of the 1972 Italian film Profumo di donna. In addition to Pacino's award, the picture garnered Oscar nominations for director Martin Brest and for screenwriter Bo Goldman. --Jeff Shannon[/quote]

Personal Note: No one could equal Al Pacino in how he captured the essence of his character. He definitely deserved being an Oscar recipient as Lt. Col. Frank Slade. Chris O'Donnell should have received an Oscar for Supporting Actor with his portrayal of
Charlie Simms, especially since he complemented Pacino's character so perfectly. They both showed excellent chemsitry together all throughout. I haven't seen this movie since it was in the theatres nearly 12 years-ago, but it always left a lasting impression on me....HOOO-AHHH!!!!! Definitely a "must-see"!!!!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just a great, great movie, hard to believe the same director did Meet Joe Black and Gigli... :(

But one thing, Chris O'Donnell has never deserved any kind of reward. He was competent in this, sure, but Pacino upstaged him all the time, he didn't really have to act at all. The director could have just said, "Ok, you're just a naive kid--work with it." :D