Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP: Robert Loggia (1930-2015)

Oscar-Nominated Actor Robert Loggia Dies at 85

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/robert-loggia-scarface-dies-dead-1201654545/

Robert Loggia, a durable and versatile star of movies and TV shows including Brian De Palma’s 1986 “Scarface” and “Big,” died Friday in Los Angeles, his widow Audrey confirmed to Variety. He was 85.

Loggia had been battling Alzheimer’s Disease for the past five years.

He was nominated for a Supporting Actor Academy Award for “Jagged Edge” in 1986 for his portrayal of a blunt private detective.

His most notable film credits included “An Officer and a Gentleman,” “Prizzi’s Honor,” “Independence Day,” “Problem Child” and “Big,” in which performed a memorable duet on a giant piano with Tom Hanks. He also played a Miami drug lord in “Scarface.”

Loggia was nominated for an Emmy in 1989 for his portrayal of FBI agent Nick Mancuso in the sseries “Mancuso FBI” and again in 2000 for his guest star role in “Malcolm in the Middle.”

Loggia was a versatile supporting actor, assembling credits on three different episodes of “The Rockford Files” as three different characters. He also appeared in three different “Pink Panther” movies as three different characters.

Loggia played Anwar Sadat in the 1982 TV movie “A Woman Called Golda” opposite Ingrid Bergman. He also portrayed a fearsome mobster named Feech La Manna on several episodes of “The Sopranos.”

Loggia was a native of Staten Island, born to Italian immigrants. After serving two years in the U.S. Army, he began classes with Stella Adler and at The Actors Studio.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lincoln Hawk's father-in-law and toughest nemesis Stallone ever face. RIP.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a Robert Loggia connection to Home Alone, what's the reference? Regardless, great actor, great loss. RIP Robert, you have the big whistle now.

Oh my God! I've gone thru my whole life thinking he was the gangster! I feel so dumb!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my God! I've gone thru my whole life thinking he was the gangster! I feel so dumb!
You must be registered for see images attach

Ralph Foody was a good character actor. He was in The Blues Brothers, Code of Silence, Raw Deal, Above the Law, Cold Justice, Curly Sue, and of course, the first two Home Alone films. His 'Gangster Johnny' films were fake films made just for the Home Alone movies so his lines would fit the action. He died in 1999.