Monday game meet up?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Made my way to the valley for the game on Monday with my 17yo nephew. Looking to hit the downtown area around 2pm. Anyone going to be in the area? Was thinking Majerle's but it has been 15 years since I was at a big home game.

Any ideas? Anyone else downtown? Would love to say hi to some friends if possible.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Made my way to the valley for the game on Monday with my 17yo nephew. Looking to hit the downtown area around 2pm. Anyone going to be in the area? Was thinking Majerle's but it has been 15 years since I was at a big home game.

Any ideas? Anyone else downtown? Would love to say hi to some friends if possible.

I've got half season tickets and we decided that we would sell ONE playoff game to recoup some of the cost and this is the one we settled on... womp womp.

Majerles is a zoo before games, but most of downtown is. Kettle Black is good, if you're REALLY hungry the Cornish Patsy is great. The Sports book inside the arena has better prices on drinks and food than the other stuff inside the building but... the 17 year old thing probably would cause an issue there.

I'd also recommend taking the light rail. It's so much easier than trying to park down town and leaving down town in a car after the game is brutal. Also, you ride for free if you're going to a game.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I've got half season tickets and we decided that we would sell ONE playoff game to recoup some of the cost and this is the one we settled on... womp womp.

Majerles is a zoo before games, but most of downtown is. Kettle Black is good, if you're REALLY hungry the Cornish Patsy is great. The Sports book inside the arena has better prices on drinks and food than the other stuff inside the building but... the 17 year old thing probably would cause an issue there.

I'd also recommend taking the light rail. It's so much easier than trying to park down town and leaving down town in a car after the game is brutal. Also, you ride for free if you're going to a game.
I was thinking about the light rail. My initial idea was to have my wife drop us off at the Indian School /Central Ave station and we rail in to the 3rd street or 1st Ave) & Jefferson stop. Then hope back on it after the game at the 3rd st & Washington stop heading back to Indian School/Central station.

Would that be what you recommend? Looks like it makes sense to me. How long would that ride in to town take do you think?

Forgot to add: How do we get on for free/ How do they know we are going to the game?

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s funny, that is exactly what we do. We park at George and Dragon, have a drink there, take the rail to 1st ave. Leave on 3rd and Washington.

It’s about a 15 minute ride from there, the schedule is pretty accurate, trains are usually with 2 minutes of the time down, sometimes early sometimes late.

If you’re wearing suns stuff they generally don’t even ask for proof. If they do all you need to do is show them the game ticket in your phone.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yo, we ended up deciding to go to the game. I will be in section 217, front row, I am with the guy with the broken foot.

I’ll check this back here near half time.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
LOL

Just saw this. Sorry. Awesome game to attend! We were in one of the last rows in sec 114. Great time.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

Just saw this. Sorry. Awesome game to attend! We were in one of the last rows in sec 114. Great time.
Thats awesome! I hope to go to a playoff game this year. Glad you guys had fun. Give us some more notice next time. Even with notice, Monday is a stay at home night for me, but still :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson