Mock Draft From Fox Sports....A different pick for the Cards.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB USC
New head coach Gary Kubiak was interested in Vince Young, but the management still believes in David Carr. The two sides have agreed to a contract extension making Bush to the Texans almost a foregone conclusion. The USC speed-burner gives the Texans the best chance to improve right now.
2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB USC
This is a franchise in need of stability and a sure-thing. Leinart provides both.
You must be registered for see images
It'd be cool to play in his hometown of Houston, but Tennessee might be a perfect fit for Vince Young. (Lisa Blumenfeld / Getty Images)3. Tennessee Titans - Vince Young, QB Texas
The situation is almost too perfect. His mentor Steve McNair comes back for one more year giving offensive coordinator Norm Chow a season to work on Young's mechanics. New Orleans is going to think long and hard about the possibilities of taking the Longhorn star.
4. New York Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia
They desperately want a young, non-Chad Pennington quarterback to build around, but the big two won't slide. Expect this to be the hot spot for trade talks.
5. Green Bay Packers - LenDale White, RB USC
Do you honestly believe the Packers are going to pin the hopes of their running game on Sam Gado? DeAngelo Williams will be tempting, but White provides more power.
6. Oakland Raiders - Mario Williams, DE NC State
Al Davis would love to take A.J. Hawk here, but Williams will be far too good to pass up.
7. San Francisco 49ers - Michael Huff, DB Texas
Huff solves a lot of problems for the porous Niner secondary. He'll start out at cornerback out of need, but he'll eventually be a star at safety.
8. Buffalo Bills - A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State
His combine numbers will be off the charts and might even end up in the top five. Buffalo won't stay here. It needs offensive line help and will move down to get it.
9. Detroit Lions - Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt
Joey Harrington might become a Jet. Detroit needs someone to get the ball to all the great receiving talent, and while Cutler might not be anything special, he's an upgrade over the current situation.
10. Arizona Cardinals - Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota
Like Buffalo, don't be shocked if Arizona trades down to load up on offensive linemen, or tries to move up to get Ferguson. J.J. Arrington and Marcel Shipp aren't the answer for the running game so Maroney, Williams, or if available, White, is the need pick. If Cutler falls, he's going here.
11. St. Louis Rams - Chad Greenway, LB Iowa
Greenway will be way too strong a prospect after the combines to fall any further.
12. Cleveland Browns - Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
While not a need pick, head coach Romeo Crenel and his staff would love to have the best tackle in the draft fall this far. Wait and see how Kellen Winslow is progressing; Maryland's Vernon Davis might be a need pick.
13. Baltimore Ravens - DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis
Will combine with Mark Clayton and Todd Heap to give Kyle Boller a fearsome array of weapons. Maroney and White could go here.
14. Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Williams, CB/S Virginia Tech
The Eagles will like Williams' versatility in the secondary, but will eventually groom him for safety.
15. Atlanta Falcons - Winston Justice, OT USC
Not a need, but the athletic tackle will have a hard time falling out of the top 15.
16. Miami Dolphins - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
The possibilities of a pass-rushing tandem of Jason Taylor and Kiwanuka, even though he needs work, will be too fantastic to pass up.
17. Minnesota Vikings - Vernon Davis, TE Maryland
The Vikings need more offensive weapons to help start putting points back on the board.
18. Dallas Cowboys - Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State
In a horrible draft for receivers, Holmes will stand out. Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn are getting old.
19. San Diego Chargers - Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida State
Paired with Shawne Merriman, San Diego will have the makings of a scary good young line.
20. Kansas City Chiefs - Kamerion Wimbley, DE Florida State
The Chiefs need a receiver, but there won't be a worthy one available. More defensive playmakers are always needed around KC.
21. New England Patriots - Tamba Hali, DE Penn State
His stock shot up even more after Senior Bowl week. The Patriots could stand to get a little younger up front.
22. Denver Broncos (from Washington) - Chad Jackson, WR Florida
Rod Smith doesn't have too much longer to go and Ashley Lelie can't seem to become a true No. 1.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Winston, OT Miami (FL)
While he's not a sure-thing, he's a need pick for the Bucs.
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA
USC's Dominique Byrd could go here to give fellow Trojan Carson Palmer another great weapon. Cincinnati badly needs a tight end.
25. New York Giants - DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama
He fits. He's a rock solid prospect with great leadership skills.
26. Chicago Bears - Tye Hill, CB Clemson
The Bears would love to move Charles Tillman to safety. Steve Smith and Carolina showed how much the Bears need a shut-down corner.
27. Carolina Panthers - Dominique Byrd, TE USC
After impressing the scouts, Byrd is sure to go somewhere late in round one. Carolina could use another weapon to take the heat off Steve Smith.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - John McCargo, DT NC State
Jacksonville needs more strength up front and could go McCargo, LSU Claude Wroten, or Miami's Orien Harris.
29. Denver Broncos - Leonard Pope, TE Georgia
After going after a wide receiver with its first pick, Denver will get a big, young tight end who doesn't necessarily fit its style, but will be too intriguing to pass up.
30. Indianapolis Colts - Derek Hagan, WR Arizona State
The Colts will re-sign Reggie Wayne, and although Hagan was mediocre in Senior Bowl practices, he provides a good young prospect for Peyton Manning to work with.
31. Seattle Seahawks - Thomas Howard, LB UTEP
A physical freak of nature, Howard allows the Seattle coaching staff a lot of flexibility providing more size to the linebacking corps. 32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ernie Sims, LB Florida State
A corner like Ashton Youboty or Kelly Jennings would be nice, but you can never have too many speedy linebackers in the 3-4. Sims will run too well to fall out of the first round.

spanky1

Reaction score
This was such an abombination that I tried to find the writer's e-mail address to ask him if he actually got paid for this debacle. Alas, no luck

Casting aside his thoughts on our team.....having players like Haloti Ngata and Jimmy Williams falling to where he has, is absurd. He actually has a couple of draft picks in the bottom third with a player that not only I have no knowledge of ( Kameron Wimbly ?) but that don't appear on any credible analyst's list of top 100.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that I liked was the possibility of moving up to grab Ferguson. The rest of the mock was crap.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd bet my left nut the Cards don't draft that guy.

He's pulling names outta hats with that one.

trade up for Ferguson, yea...trade down, won't happen.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Maroney at #10 would be the biggest reach in the draft.

Bobcat

Reaction score
ARZCardinals said:
I'd bet my left nut the Cards don't draft that guy.

He's pulling names outta hats with that one.

trade up for Ferguson, yea...trade down, won't happen.

Hey that is not funny my brother lost his left nut to testicluar cancer in 1982.

Bobcat

p.s. he is still alive today. thank god.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't know what I think, except that it's better than those drafts that have us picking a tight end.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
No Max Jean-Gilles in the 1st round. The more I see those Denver 22 and 29 picks (in a trade down) , the more needs I see us fulfilling, and he'd be a big one! There would be a slew of Tackles to choose from at 22 also or a TE and take a OT at 41. We have a lot of flexability this year on when to draft what.

Again we'd have to address RB in Fa though or on pick #10 IMO.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
If the draft did fall this way I'd like to see us get Jimmy Williams.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If we were to get Edge or Alexander in FA, then this mock wouldn't be valid. If we got FA help along the O-Line well then anything is possible. I have watch several Minny games and that kid can run, but I like his back-up (Russell) better.