Mock: Cardinals trade up to #8 for Rosen

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not sure what a mock is really worth but as the draft gets closer, the "feel" of where players are going seems to shake out. I thought that the Browns would take Barkley #1 overall but Darnold, especially after his rain soaked pro-day, seems to be separating himself from the other QB's. So much so, that he seems to be the obvious #1 pick now.

Anyway, during this interview they get into a little Cardinals talk and with what they're hearing, Rosen is going to slip a little. That he isn't being viewed as a top pick but would be a great pick for the Cardinals at #8, where they'd have to make a trade with Chicago to get to.

Would Cardinals fans be happy having to spend a little and winding up with Rosen?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Not sure what a mock is really worth but as the draft gets closer, the "feel" of where players are going seems to shake out. I thought that the Browns would take Barkley #1 overall but Darnold, especially after his rain soaked pro-day, seems to be separating himself from the other QB's. So much so, that he seems to be the obvious #1 pick now.

Anyway, during this interview they get into a little Cardinals talk and with what they're hearing, Rosen is going to slip a little. That he isn't being viewed as a top pick but would be a great pick for the Cardinals at #8, where they'd have to make a trade with Chicago to get to.

Would Cardinals fans be happy having to spend a little and winding up with Rosen?
I'd definitely be happy about that.

I have no issues with moving up as long as we don't wedge ourselves into giving up a sizable amount of top picks in 2019. I think Rosen is going to be very good, and would think we made a great move.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score

Poor Leinart. Can't even get the weather right. Being interviewed on Darnold's pro-day before the workout: "It's not going to rain today".

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So the Walter Football scouting report on Rosen reads really well.

Why is he rated more poorly than Darnold?

And his highest completion % was only 63%, does he have the accuracy to make it in the pros?

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don't think it's ability with Rosen, it's durability. Apparently the scouts aren't concerned with the supposed desire issue but they are worried about Rosen holding up at the NFL level.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'd definitely be happy about that.

I have no issues with moving up as long as we don't wedge ourselves into giving up a sizable amount of top picks in 2019. I think Rosen is going to be very good, and would think we made a great move.

The consensus is that all the franchises have a different number one QB on their board but seem all have Rosen as their number two which tells me that Rosen has the most consistent traits for success and worth the effort to get him

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He has the arm to make all of the throws but the concussion issue would concern me.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weren't there also questions about his coachability?

Yes, there is. Well, it’s not so much about if he is coachable. Every head coach, coordinator and assistant coach is a control freak. They don’t like it when their methods and ideas are being questioned, and much less of someone they don’t think is qualified to do that like, for example, a rookie. Coaches want to have full control of their plans and strategies. Rosen is extremely intelligent, and he likes to understand things to the fullest. Because of that he tends to ask a lot of questions about the coaches’ methods and plans, as well as giving his inputs on them. Not to be annoying but simply to understand the situation. His coaches at UCLA learned to accept it, in part because they realized that he was often right, but they have said multiple times that it did affect their coaching in some ways.

Baker Mayfield have some of the same traits. I could see them slide a bit due to this. It would probably take an openminded coach to really want Rosen or Mayfield, and I don’t know off the top of my head which teams have that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Josh Rosen.

Concussions
Blown out shoulder from Tennis.... yeah, THAT Tennis.
passion doubts
personality issues
apparently gets mouthy with coaches

he and Mason Rudolph are the two guys I dont want in round 1.... not sure I even want Rosen in round 2.... maybe... the kid does have skills... but I think even with his vertical he could touch his ceiling...
ya never know I guess... dude might be the next great HoF QB to come out of UCLA

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Josh Rosen.

Concussions
Blown out shoulder from Tennis.... yeah, THAT Tennis.
passion doubts
personality issues
apparently gets mouthy with coaches

he and Mason Rudolph are the two guys I dont want in round 1.... not sure I even want Rosen in round 2.... maybe... the kid does have skills... but I think even with his vertical he could touch his ceiling...
ya never know I guess... dude might be the next great HoF QB to come out of UCLA
I don't want Rosen, sounds like me might be a cancer. What's wrong with Rudolph in your opinion?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't want Rosen, sounds like me might be a cancer. What's wrong with Rudolph in your opinion?
IMO his stats are misleading due to the system he plays in. He has a high completion percentage but he rarely ever hits tight windows... if his guys were "NFL open" he misses them....WR's rarely ever run free in the nfl like they often do in college.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Poor Leinart. Can't even get the weather right. Being interviewed on Darnold's pro-day before the workout: "It's not going to rain today".

Of course he's going to struggle being a weather man. He can't check down, he'd have to look up :biglaugh:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Between the Cavaliers and the Browns, the city of Cleveland has received about 20 number 1 overall picks.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
No thank you. Concussions and injuries are too much a risk to move up to 8

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No thank you. Concussions and injuries are too much a risk to move up to 8

I don’t think he will be there at 8, but if he is I think you probably do it. He’s a risk, but he does have the skills to succeed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson