MLB Trade deadline rumors. From now until the 31st

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm all for trading Bradley. Trading Starling Marte would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

And there's no way that Varsho, a catcher by trade, could ever play CF.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

Jason Castro has been scratched due to escalating trade interest. No deal done yet. Padres are among teams to show interest but it isn’t known who may lead for Castro.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

The San Diego Padres have emerged as strong favorites to trade for catcher Jason Castro, sources tell ESPN. It would mark the Padres' third deal in the last 24 hours, after acquiring reliever Trevor Rosenthal and first baseman Mitch Moreland. They're loading up for a playoff run.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Honestly, no player should be considered untouchable except Gallen. I would even trade Ketel if the right deal came about. This organization is mired in mediocrity and needs tio make some difficult choices that they haven't made the past couple seasons.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly, no player should be considered untouchable except Gallen. I would even trade Ketel if the right deal came about. This organization is mired in mediocrity and needs tio make some difficult choices that they haven't made the past couple seasons.

I am almost at that point, but I think they need to keep Ketel and Starling on top of Gallen. Everyone else can go.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm all for trading Bradley. Trading Starling Marte would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Darsho has played CF as much as C in the Minors.

The D-backs have used him as a pinch-runner, too.

I would rather see Ketel stay at 2B. He is an infielder at 2B or SS.

And, as you and I have both posted, not batting leadoff (or second).

He has hardly driven in any runs, versus being second on the team
last season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would the Indians make that trade when they have a share of 1st place in their division as of Saturday?

Haven't looked at what had happened today so obviously that may have changed.

clpp01

Reaction score

Given the environment we are in, there is little to no chance the team will pick up his option for next season so if you are going to let him go in the offseason you may as well try to trade him for something now if you can get it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Given the environment we are in, there is little to no chance the team will pick up his option for next season so if you are going to let him go in the offseason you may as well try to trade him for something now if you can get it.

They need some quality hitters in their line-up, or they will just build a losing culture. Starling Marte is a keeper. So is Ketel. So is Gallen in terms of pitching. Everyone else is expendable.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They need some quality hitters in their line-up, or they will just build a losing culture. Starling Marte is a keeper. So is Ketel. So is Gallen in terms of pitching. Everyone else is expendable.

Starling will come back to earth pretty soon (already happening) so if Hazen can get more than he gave up for him I can them pulling the trigger.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Starling will come back to earth pretty soon (already happening) so if Hazen can get more than he gave up for him I can them pulling the trigger.

I can see the logic in that, but the last thing we need is to see the 2020s D-Backs become the MLB equivalent of the 2010s Suns...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard