MJD a Cardinal?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...cksonville-jaguars?module=HP11_headline_stack

The comments by Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan on Tuesday sparked a visceral reaction from a disgruntled Maurice Jones-Drew. The running back even told one person close to him that if the owner really isn't concerned with him, then he should trade him to someone who will be.

Trade Beanie +3rd round pick for MJD -- he would make an immediate impact and he's much more durable than Beanie, plus he excels in every facet of the game. Chances of this happening are obviously slim to none, but there's no question he would greatly improve the team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are right against the cap, we dont even have the room to waive Kolb. MJD isnt going to be happy just because he is on a new team, he wants to get paid. I'd think he will want, at minimum, 4 years 50 million.

I'd rather roll with the tandem of Beanie and Williams at a cost of about 1.5 million this year than toss MGD a really risky contract.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't know if Drew helps but a strong running game would immediately improve Skelton and our defense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MJD wouldn't really make a difference here, IMO. Yes, he's likely better than what we have (I only say likely because I really like what I've seen from Williams in his limited action--I think he could be special), but with our QB and OL situation he's good for a win...maybe two if we're lucky. I don't think that really moves the needle for us enough.

JMHO

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have a good feeling about our running backs right now. Yes, Beanie has had a history of nagging injuries but he showed last season he will play through them and Williams looks like he is on his way to recovery and being a force. We need to worry about our OL with some possible trade because it won't matter who is back there without decent blocking.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Really? Not better than our RB's? huh?

Thats his rushing yards the last 3 years. oh yeah and dont forget the number 38

Thats how many TD's he's had over the last 3 years.

And hes only 27 years old...

Come on guys. If that were even a possibility the Cards would line up for a shot at him.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Come on guys. If that were even a possibility the Cards would line up for a shot at him.

If he brings his offensive line than I'm all in!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see - we have too many RB's and no proven LT on our roster. I've got it - let's trade for a RB...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. We have far more pressing needs than RB where we are solid. Namely, Oline and QB. Both of which even a RB like Mojo can't hide.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Running backs tend to start declining in there late 20s though. :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson