MJ/Bulls 10-part Docuseries

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He would have only ruined him if he couldn’t handle the pressure, but I see no reason to believe that he couldn’t have.

T-Mac stike you as mentally tough huh. He’s the ultimate scorer and no defense guy that 100% would not have flown with Jordan

T-Mac was super relaxed it’s just who he is

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He would have only ruined him if he couldn’t handle the pressure, but I see no reason to believe that he couldn’t have.

T-Mac said MJ stopped the trade. He would’ve given T-Mac hell because Pippen was his boy. It would have nothing to do with T-Mac.

If you insert peak T-Mac on that team he probably extends MJ’s career by 5 years but we’re taking about a teenager.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
MJ and Pippen tried to destroy kukoc and that didn’t work. I think Tmac would’ve been fine. He might even have become a two-way player.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think T-Mac falls apart quicker in Chicago than he did elsewhere. He had a lot of health issues and it seemed more than bad luck. If he was pushed by MJ from early on then I think the injury bug comes out sooner and we never see the prolific scorer he became in Orlando and then in Houston, briefly.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
6 episodes in now, and it is fascinating to watch the level of force of will and determination these guys possessed. The Olympics episode was insane. Especially in its level of access.
Jordan was the greatest because he didn't want to win, he had to. Never saw anyone else like him. He couldn't tolerate losing, lack of effort, lack of deference or mediocrity. He was the best and knew it and demanded that you know it too. Not just at basketball, but everything. He wouldn't let you leave until he beat your ass no matter what the activity. Most people don't understand that level of competitiveness and therefore marvel at Jordan's greatness with good reason.
He was afraid the documentary would make people not like him. Well, at least they understand better. His frame of mind made him lethal on the BBall court but dreadful to be around on and off the court. Life to him was a competition to be won in all aspects. It looked like it was awkward to even be around him because you didn't know if he was kidding or not when he said he was gonna beat your ass at folding napkins. Like Pesci asking "Funny How?"

A therapists field day. You may cure him, but you'd destroy him in doing so.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"One of the things as players we call this a fraternity," Hodges said. "So I'm watching the first episode and I was upset about the 'cocaine circus.' That bothered me because I was thinking about the brothers who are on that picture with you who have to explain to their families who are getting ready to watch this great Michael Jordan documentary event and they know you're on the team, and now you've got to explain that to a 12-year-old boy."

Hodges was also bothered by the fact that Jordan referred to Scottie Pippen as "selfish" for the timing of his surgery in 1997 amid a contract dispute with the front office, and that he blamed Horace Grant for leaking inside information to media members; information that was reflected in Sam Smith's book entitled, The Jordan Rules. Hodges was also upset that he wasn't interviewed for the documentary.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ircus-comments-in-the-last-dance-documentary/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Kerr on fight with Michael Jordan: “It’s not something I’m proud of”
It’s not something I’m proud of,” Kerr said of the incident. “It is something that happens from time to time on most teams during the season. Guys get into it during practice. It’s just part of high-level competition. But it’s very, very strange to know everybody’s hearing this story and talking about it and then I’m going to be on camera talking about it. Michael is. And people are going to be examining this whole thing…

“He called me later that day and apologized,” Kerr said. “In a strange way, it was almost a necessary step in our relationship, in a weird way. And from then on, I think he understood me a lot better and vice versa. And we got along much better and competed together and I think he trusted me more. So it was actually sort of, in the end, it was all good. But we’ve never talked about it since. To be honest, I don’t ever think about it, but I get asked about it because it’s a unique [situation].”
https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-kerr-fight-michael-jordan-130030928.html

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
After all these years, that Paxson three-pointer still stings. Great documentary series, though.
The thing that stung me was the way we closed out that game. We were up 4 with 40 seconds left. Frank Johnson took an ill advised jump shot and then Jordan went coast to coast with zero resistance for a lay in to cut it to 2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that stung me was the way we closed out that game. We were up 4 with 40 seconds left. Frank Johnson took an ill advised jump shot and then Jordan went coast to coast with zero resistance for a lay in to cut it to 2.

the next play before the Paxson three was even worse. We played hot potato with the ball on the perimeter that eventually ended with a 24 second shot clock violation when Majerle airballed a ten footer from the baseline. Just an epic choke-job in the last minute for us.

We had the ball... up 4... with like 49 seconds to go after Majerle shot a long three that was 9/10s of the way down and Barkley got the rebound and called time. As they walked to the bench, Genius Westphal looked at Majerle and gave him a smile and signaled CHOKE JOB around his neck.

I mean, think about that. We had the MVP, KJ and the last three posessions, up 4 with a minute left, neither KJ or Charles took a shot. It was only after Paxson's 3 that KJ finally tried to get a shot only to be blocked by Grant. Just a massive choke job.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We played hot potato with the ball on the perimeter that eventually ended with a 24 second shot clock violation. Just an epic choke-job in the last minute for us.

As they walked to the bench, Genius Westphal looked at Majerle and gave him a smile and signaled CHOKE JOB around his neck.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

AZ Native

Reaction score
It wasn’t meant to be disturbing. I had professional pictures of my sons and grandson made during the 93 playoffs. They were awesome, I previously posted pics here. But as you said in another post, we choked it away in the Bull’s series. That reminded me of this pic I made after the “choke job” and decided to post it. No kids were harmed taking this pic. Just my sense of humor.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t meant to be disturbing. I had professional pictures of my sons and grandson made during the 93 playoffs. They were awesome, I previously posted this here. But as you said another post, we choked it away in the Bull’s series. That reminded me of this pic I made after the “choke job” and decided to post it. No kids were harmed taking this pic. Just my sense of humor.

it's pretty funny dude... and disturbing. good combo.

AZ Native

Reaction score
it's pretty funny dude... and disturbing. good combo.
Thanks, that game 6 tore my heart out. After that game I way laying on the front yard on my back yelling NNNOOOO!!!! That was disturbing for my neighbors. I had forgotten about that pic until you brought up our "choke job", which 100% agree with. My sons and grandson now love that pic and show all their friends.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that game 6 tore my heart out. After that game I way laying on the front yard on my back yelling NNNOOOO!!!! That was disturbing for my neighbors. I had forgotten about that pic until you brought up our "choke job", which 100% agree with. My sons and grandson now love that pic and show all their friends.

i was 16 year old. I literally jumped in my car and drove halfway to Flagstaff and back from PV, in stone cold silence.

dad and I had tickets to Game 7. That would have been one of the most glorious days of all time.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Pippen. He has the right to feel that way, overshadowed by MJ, wayyyyy underpaid. Under appreciated, even when MJ was out.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He quit on his team in a playoff game and had the audacity to say he’d do the same thing over again. Prior to that episode I thought the doc made him out to be underrated and underpaid.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah him saying he would do it the same made pretty much no sense. Especially considering he was saying that he regretted that moment just before he said he would do it the same way again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave