Miller once again does it again!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Season starts tonight. Will be interesting to see if Nico lives up to the hype from day one. Zeke has also been getting hyped by Sheer so we’ll see about him. Kinda know what to expect from everyone else.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, DD being booted hurts. No bueno.

I wasn't expecting him to last. Sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. Coach Miller, with his abrasive personality and stubbornness, is a very polarizing figure among players. They either love him and play their hearts out for him, or they hate him, get into trouble and leave early.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting him to last. Sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. Coach Miller, with his abrasive personality and stubbornness, is a very polarizing figure among players. They either love him and play their hearts out for him, or they hate him, get into trouble and leave early.

Devonaire not being on the team has much less to do about Sean Miller than it does Devonaire. Trust me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Accidentally clicked on the first page. Sigh.

The wing position outlook looks problematic right now. Not that Doutrive was going to amount to anything but he’s the one kid we had with what seemed like some athletic upside. The frontcourt with Brown, Lee and Koloko will be respectable... As will Baker and Terry in the backcourt. Miller needs to pull a rabbit out with some late signings or grab a solid transfer.

Brandon Williams is the wild card but his exact injury hasn’t been leaked publicly which is kinda impressive for this day in age.

TJ

Reaction score
Accidentally clicked on the first page. Sigh.

The wing position outlook looks problematic right now. Not that Doutrive was going to amount to anything but he’s the one kid we had with what seemed like some athletic upside. The frontcourt with Brown, Lee and Koloko will be respectable... As will Baker and Terry in the backcourt. Miller needs to pull a rabbit out with some late signings or grab a solid transfer.

Brandon Williams is the wild card but his exact injury hasn’t been leaked publicly which is kinda impressive for this day in age.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.az...etball-out-injury-2019-20-season-knee-surgery

“Williams missed his entire junior season of high school after having knee surgery to correct a congenital knee condition called osteochondritis dissecans, in which bone underneath the cartilage of a joint dies due to lack of blood flow.”

His injury is a tricky bastard, which is why there’s a good chance he never plays again. Even if he does, he’s either going to be average at best, or not able to play nearly a full season.

Miller had better pull a rabbit out of his ass for 2020, because as it stands, it’s Dalen Terry and a bunch of question marks.

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Some good news. Akinjo would be the best PG option available in 2020 compared to high school recruits

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeps us afloat... Hopefully not Jahii 2.0

He's a pretty ball dominant guy, he's talented but he was pretty selfish as a Hoya. Assuming he has to sit out a year maybe that gets coached out of him during his year off, he's clearly got talent, always has.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's a pretty ball dominant guy, he's talented but he was pretty selfish as a Hoya. Assuming he has to sit out a year maybe that gets coached out of him during his year off, he's clearly got talent, always has.

If this year's horrific underachievement is not the end of the Sean Miller era here, next year's inevitable clash with Akinjo will be. Talk about oil and water. But alas, it has come to this as Sean Miller now has to scrounge for recruits who are willing to come here, rather than having the luxury of picking and choosing the best fits.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like I said before I’ve watched 90% of his collegiate games. He can be great (25% of the time) and can doom the team (60% of the time). There’s not a lot of in-between. I hope that percentage flip flops with the cats but I don’t think Miller is the guy to get that outta him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Like I said before I’ve watched 90% of his collegiate games. He can be great (25% of the time) and can doom the team (60% of the time). There’s not a lot of in-between. I hope that percentage flip flops with the cats but I don’t think Miller is the guy to get that outta him.

Best case scenario is Mark Lyons. Worst case scenario is Josiah Turner.

TJ

Reaction score
Between us and Baylor. They beat us h2h and are probably a F4 front runner. Idk...

I remember when we were recruiting Ivan Rabb and it was up to us and Cal. His Cal OV was at a game against Arizona and we beat them by like 25 points. He still ended up choosing Cal in the end. Same with Akinjo. Gonzaga was one of the schools to beat and they beat us at McKale, but he still came to Arizona.

As for Mathurin, all signs point to an Arizona commitment tonight.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember when we were recruiting Ivan Rabb and it was up to us and Cal. His Cal OV was at a game against Arizona and we beat them by like 25 points. He still ended up choosing Cal in the end. Same with Akinjo. Gonzaga was one of the schools to beat and they beat us at McKale, but he still came to Arizona.

As for Mathurin, all signs point to an Arizona commitment tonight.

Arizona it is!

At least we’ll be able to field a team next year. He sounds like pretty athletically gifted wing player but the same was said for Brandon Randolph, Emmanuel Akot and Devonaire Doutrive.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Arizona it is!

At least we’ll be able to field a team next year. He sounds like pretty athletically gifted wing player but the same was said for Brandon Randolph, Emmanuel Akot and Devonaire Doutrive.

Indeed, though we are still without a single power forward after this year, and we will need to see what happens if/when Miller gets fired...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ben Mathurin talked up his relationship with Jack Murphy today more so than Sean Miller.

Any bets that Murphy is going to be our next head coach?...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ben Mathurin talked up his relationship with Jack Murphy today more so than Sean Miller.

Any bets that Murphy is going to be our next head coach?...

No...

He’s Russ Pennell basically. Great guy but shouldn’t be running a major program.