Michael Keaton Might Be Our Next Batman (Again)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Keaton Might Be Our Next Batman (Again)

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/06/michael-keaton-batman-the-flash

Michael Keaton’s Batman days may not be behind him after all. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actor, who played Bruce Wayne in Tim Burton’s 1989 and 1992 takes on the D.C. superhero—then did a meta commentary on that whole experience in 2014’s Birdman—could reprise his role as Batman in the upcoming standalone movie The Flash.

Per the outlet, the idea is to bring Keaton on to play Batman as a mentor figure and action facilitator, in the same vein as the character Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson) in Disney’s Marvel movies. It’s unclear how this take on the character would clash or align with the upcoming standalone Batman movie starring pasta-cruelty expert Robert Pattinson as the billionaire playboy, but we recommend you don’t think about that too deeply; unfurrow your brow, drop the red pen, and put away any detailed timelines. As THR notes, the two movies will not take place in the same universe, though The Flash will reportedly incorporate both time travel and interdimensional travel, so there could be some overlap—perhaps in a Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse sort of way. Reps for Keaton tell Vanity Fair he is in talks for the role.

-----------------------------------------------------

How Michael Keaton Can Retool the DC Film Universe

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/how-michael-keatons-batman-can-revamp-dc-film-universe-1299889

Keaton’s Batman is expected to serve in a mentor role, perhaps showing up in Batgirl, a project also being penned by The Flash screenwriter Christina Hodson. It’s easy to imagine his role in this regard being similar to Bruce Wayne’s in the animated Batman Beyond, though Keaton, younger than that series’ Bruce Wayne, would likely still be able to get in on the action. It’s impossible not to wonder if Keaton’s role in the DC movie universe also promises a return of other familiar faces from Burton’s Batman films.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Keaton's take on the Bat. I'd be more than willing to give this a chance.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If The Flash is in the same universe, and in turn, timeframe as Justice League, then Batman HAS to be older. If Affleck isn't going to do it, then who better than Michael Keaton? Honestly!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the only way I'd pay any money to go see The Flash. I think it's a great move by DC if they get this done.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised that they are still moving forward with Ezra Miller.

He played it way more schizophrenic than any Flash I remember. Despite all the flaws, I still think the CW's Flash is more authentic to what I recall from the comic.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He played it way more schizophrenic than any Flash I remember. Despite all the flaws, I still think the CW's Flash is more authentic to what I recall from the comic.
I was more referring to his personal life stuff, not how he played the character. A video was released of him attacking a woman in April.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was more referring to his personal life stuff, not how he played the character. A video was released of him attacking a woman in April.

Oh yikes! I hadn't heard about that. Is this a bad time for that sort of thing? :eek:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh man... never heard of that. that dude's probably thanking his lucky stars the country was gripped in the depths of corona during April or that story would have killed him.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ezra Miller Reportedly Not Guaranteed To Return For The Flash

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ezra-miller-reportedly-guaranteed-return-flash/

That being said, the shadow of Ezra Miller’s recent incident where he choked out a fan still looms large, with fans petitioning to have the Fantastic Beasts star removed from the role, while there’ve also been reports that the studio are planning on making the movie with or without his involvement.

The news of Keaton’s casting arrived without any mention of Miller, leading many people to speculate that the 27 year-old is still set to play Barry Allen, but noted insider Grace Randolph, who has a reliably solid track record when it comes to DCEU-related scoops, has claimed that it’s far from a sure thing.

“We will see if they keep Ezra Miller. The jury, apparently, is still out on that. But Ezra Miller is a big stumbling block.”

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I have no idea how he got the role in the first place. The script didn’t do him any favors but it was a cringeworthy character in Justice League (at least more so than Aquaman and Cyborg).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how he got the role in the first place. The script didn’t do him any favors but it was a cringeworthy character in Justice League (at least more so than Aquaman and Cyborg).

he and the script were atrocious... and so was his suit.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the Flash part of it, because I've tried to block Justice League from my memory, but a mentor Batman might be pretty cool, especially with Keaton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose