MIA vs ARI - Heroes and Goats (Abbreviated)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Your right, he did, but it shouldn't all be on Kyler to be 100% perfect all the time.

The play calls before that were complete trash. You complete a 35 yarder on your first play of the drive to take you into their half, and instead of building on that and gashing them with the pass again (which we did all day), Kliff runs twice as if we are inside chip shot FG range and leaves it all on Kyler to pull off another crucial 3rd down conversion.

He helped Miami out because they knew on the 3rd down we were either making a short pass or a Kyler run. That let the defense stack the LOS to make it tougher anyway.

And even then, when he missed it, we should have gone for the 4th down conversion instead of the FG. 49 yards isn't automatic for one, and our defense were trash all day. Even if we make that FG, chances are Miami goes down the field and kicks a FG of their own to win it. A FG should have been the "break in case of emergency" option.

They after the 35 yarder on 1st down they should have hurried up, kept the Miami D reeling, gained another 20 yards and from there we have a high chance of scoring a TD, and very min and easy FG.

Complete trash from Kliff.

And I'm the one that's been tough on Kyler for his level of play in some games, mostly because there was a high percentage of bad passes or open guys he missed. The Miami game was his best game of the year. Best pro game full stop.

80% completion. 10.9 yards per attempt. 150 passer rating. 3 TDs. 0 INTs. 106 rushing yards at 9.7 per and a rushing TD. An A/YA of 13.19, his previous best was 9.5 vs the trash Jets.

He absolutely destroyed Miami. It was his best game by far, ever. A true MVP class performance.

And we lost, and all we can talk about are the 2 plays he wasn't elite.

When your 100% reliant on your QB being perfect every snap that tells me the rest of the team contributed nothing, so the loss is on them.
So Kliff calls a play that leads to a big gain. The calls two plays that gets the team to a 3rd and short on which he calls an easy pass to the flat which Kyler misses and that equates to "trash" to you? That doesn't make sense. I understand that you disagree with the plays ran, but those plays resulted in a 3rd and very short. That is not trash by any means.

You can be upset that Kliff didn't go for it on 4th and short, but to say those calls were trash because you just disagree with them even thought they were successful is silly.

Again, the point is that Kyler was not perfect and Kliff was not perfect. Because of the defense, this meant it was not good enough for a win.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Kliff calls a play that leads to a big gain. The calls two plays that gets the team to a 3rd and short on which he calls an easy pass to the flat which Kyler misses and that equates to "trash" to you? That doesn't make sense. I understand that you disagree with the plays ran, but those plays resulted in a 3rd and very short. That is not trash by any means.

You can be upset that Kliff didn't go for it on 4th and short, but to say those calls were trash because you just disagree with them even thought they were successful is silly.

Again, the point is that Kyler was not perfect and Kliff was not perfect. Because of the defense, this meant it was not good enough for a win.

The 2 runs made sense clock wise. it got us to the 2 minute warning. The idea was get the first down then Miami has to start thinking do we stop the clock to have more time left or do we save TImeouts. I think Miami had 2 TO's not sure.

I don't like the 3rd down call for the reason I said, we have 24 games of film now that says Kyler doesn't throw well on the run, especially to his right. So a play that has him moving to his right and throwing, while having to concern himself with a defender possibly getting into the route, is not what works for HIM. Yes it was open, yet it's a play other teams work perfectly, yes he needs to get better at it. But on 3rd and 1 there I want a play that he does well NOW.

The advantage there is Chase had the prior 2 carries plus the 2 minute warning, Kyler should have been well rested, hadn't taken a big hit recently so if we're going to get 1 yard there I put it in Kylers' hands for a play he runs well. Make it an RPO, make it a roll left, make it the play where the TE and the RB lead him I don't know but run a play that he has shown he can execute, not a play that despite being open, is a play he doesn't throw well. I think it should have been more of a run play just for the clock sake.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Come on man.

We need a TD to win the game. We make a 35 yarder to get inside their 40 on the first play of the drive.

We aren't in FG range and Chase is averaging 2.8 YPC and you think running on 1st AND 2nd isn't trash? Where's the logic?

OK, run on 1st. They picked up 6. Great now you give Kyler 2 shots to pick up 4. No problem. But to run again and potentially give Kyler anything up to 3rd and 4 on fringe FG range was nuts.

And let's dismiss this idea that he was running off clock on those plays. On the 1st down run there was 22 seconds left on the play clock. On the 2nd run 11 seconds left. If they are burning off clock why rush up to the line and not use up those 33 seconds?

Kliff never had TD win in his mind. We got down to 40 and decided to play safe for the tie. The 2 runs were to try make a FG easier and the 3rd down pass was a safe underneath throw to keep the ball and eat up more clock before kicking.

He didn't want to risk an INT or strip sack to lose the game. That's why he went run, run, quick pass.

Kyler played his ass off all game and when it came to the crunch Kliff crapped the bed instead of putting it in his hands.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Your right, he did, but it shouldn't all be on Kyler to be 100% perfect all the time.

The play calls before that were complete trash. You complete a 35 yarder on your first play of the drive to take you into their half, and instead of building on that and gashing them with the pass again (which we did all day), Kliff runs twice as if we are inside chip shot FG range and leaves it all on Kyler to pull off another crucial 3rd down conversion.

He helped Miami out because they knew on the 3rd down we were either making a short pass or a Kyler run. That let the defense stack the LOS to make it tougher anyway.

And even then, when he missed it, we should have gone for the 4th down conversion instead of the FG. 49 yards isn't automatic for one, and our defense were trash all day. Even if we make that FG, chances are Miami goes down the field and kicks a FG of their own to win it. A FG should have been the "break in case of emergency" option.

They after the 35 yarder on 1st down they should have hurried up, kept the Miami D reeling, gained another 20 yards and from there we have a high chance of scoring a TD, and very min and easy FG.

Complete trash from Kliff.

And I'm the one that's been tough on Kyler for his level of play in some games, mostly because there was a high percentage of bad passes or open guys he missed. The Miami game was his best game of the year. Best pro game full stop.

80% completion. 10.9 yards per attempt. 150 passer rating. 3 TDs. 0 INTs. 106 rushing yards at 9.7 per and a rushing TD. An A/YA of 13.19, his previous best was 9.5 vs the trash Jets.

He absolutely destroyed Miami. It was his best game by far, ever. A true MVP class performance.

And we lost, and all we can talk about are the 2 plays he wasn't elite.

When your 100% reliant on your QB being perfect every snap that tells me the rest of the team contributed nothing, so the loss is on them.
Just seemed to be a lack of urgency in the play calling in the 4th. 5 mins to move the ball 33 yards on the 1st drive. No passing plays on 1st down.

Next series we hit the big passing play to Kirk and you explained the rest. Would have loved a pop pass after that 1st down run by Chase.

Just remined too much of the Seattle game where we were bleeding the block even though we were down 2 scores.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am also not jumping off the ledge after yesterdays game.

Kyler made a couple errors.

Kliff made a couple errors.

The refs were pretty bad both ways which made the game tough.

The biggest issue I had was with how Vance prepared his game plan and called it on game day but even that is pretty consistent with what I think of Vance in general.

What I will say is that I feel like I am getting some answers regarding our personnel.

1 - Andy Isabella is a bust. Whatever "it" is, he doesn't have it. Mental game is not there. Physical game is not there. Does not connect with the QB. If he doesn't develop into some kind of decent ST player, he is looking like a cut player or a wasted roster spot.

2 - Christian Kirk is developing some kind of vertical connection with Murray. I would start talking extension with him over any other player on our roster at this point.

3 - Chase is a great situational, low snap playmaker on offense. Keim may have missed the boat not bringing in a larger RB at the trade deadline or throughout this year.

4 - I feel like Jalen Thompson is going to stick. I was amazed how he seemed to be constantly around the ball after being away for so long.

5 - I don't know that I keep Hicks and Campbell on the field together in nickel packages. This is the easiest place to find snaps for Simmons.
I’m Ouchie, and I endorse every bit of this post.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This loss didn't hurt for me as much, because I'm looking at the Cardinals in a long range kind of mindset.

Murray was great, other than taking that sack that led to a rumble fumble.

I pin this loss mostly on VJ. I don't think I've ever seen a team that personnel shortages effect more.
Agreed. I was upset at the time, but that receded more quickly than I expected. And it was for the same reason. I see long term prosperity . . . as long as we shed VJ, kliff grows up, and we can add a couple pieces.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is something I feel is understated. Kyler missed a really easy pass to the flat to Kirk. Again, he had a great game, but people talk like Kliff ran backwards. There was a play to be had on 3rd down and Murray came up short.
I don’t think that was a “really easy pass.” Short pass, yes. Easy, eh. It’s a narrow angle on a play that purposefully shrinks the field in terms of length and width. Imo it’s the worst play call possible for kyler. His talent lends itself to space. The play kliff called gives him a single option that the d can descend on easily because they’re playing to stop a yard gain and the rollout brings the entire defense to the target. Terrible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Come on man.

We need a TD to win the game. We make a 35 yarder to get inside their 40 on the first play of the drive.

We aren't in FG range and Chase is averaging 2.8 YPC and you think running on 1st AND 2nd isn't trash? Where's the logic?

OK, run on 1st. They picked up 6. Great now you give Kyler 2 shots to pick up 4. No problem. But to run again and potentially give Kyler anything up to 3rd and 4 on fringe FG range was nuts.

And let's dismiss this idea that he was running off clock on those plays. On the 1st down run there was 22 seconds left on the play clock. On the 2nd run 11 seconds left. If they are burning off clock why rush up to the line and not use up those 33 seconds?

Kliff never had TD win in his mind. We got down to 40 and decided to play safe for the tie. The 2 runs were to try make a FG easier and the 3rd down pass was a safe underneath throw to keep the ball and eat up more clock before kicking.

He didn't want to risk an INT or strip sack to lose the game. That's why he went run, run, quick pass.

Kyler played his ass off all game and when it came to the crunch Kliff crapped the bed instead of putting it in his hands.
Unfortunately I think this is accurate. I think kliff plays not to lose. And it causes losses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard