Mel put me back on the wagon

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
But did anyone, other than the teams that drafted them, really believe they were truly franchise QBs? That term is waaaay overused. I NEVER thought Cade McNown was a franchise QB. Now, I did think he would be an ok QB but not a franchise QB in the Peyton Manning mold.

Leftwich, IMO is the top QB in the draft. Palmer is going to be picked first, not because he is better but because the Bengals can get him signed before the draft. Leftwich publically said he dreaded the thought of being picked by Cincy and that drove them off. He is a talent that you simply cannot pass by, if given the chance to pick him, when he plays the MOST important position on the field. He is a guy who can affect the outcome of the game single handedly EVERY week. Suggs cannot. Suggs may directly change a game here and there but he cannot do it EVERY week.

Now, the bust factor is basically the same (I would submit a QBs bust potential is higher due to complexity of position but until proven otherwise statistically we'll call it even) but effects on the team (ie wins) is more felt by getting a successful QB in there than a successful DE.

I agree with a lot of this post, though I do think that Palmer is a better prospect (but not a better player now) than Leftwich.

I never thought McNown was a franchise QB (or Smith) but people used that term pretty strongly.

I think the immediate impact factor sways me more towards Suggs, but they are definitely equal in my eyes.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Well the term franchise Qb only comes into play IF he becomes a franchise QB. Cade McNown, Akili Smith, and a host of other "supposed" franchise Qbs never became what they were supposed to be.

I like Leftwich, but he has an equal chance as Suggs does to become a bust. And what if he doesn't play for two years, and then becomes a bust? If that's the case, then we get nothing out of him, while Suggs at least plays.

You might want to come forward with rock solid logic when questioning others logic. :D

all right sir, I apologize if I offended anyone :D

but my point is that there happens to be (at least) two potential franchise qbs in the draft this year, and the cardinals, with a high draft choice, have the opportunity to get one of them. This same combination of factors may or may not be present next year. So, I am saying take advantage of the opportunity while it is presenting itself.

I believe, (and this is perhaps the weakest part of my argument) that we can still get "impact" defensive line players in the 2nd and later rounds of the draft.

now this argument might not be "rock solid", but I believe it's better than, "we must draft suggs in the first round because defense is our greatest need"

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leftwich or Suggs would be good choices for different reasons. Suggs would help right away and Leftwich has the potential to be a premier QB in a couple of years.

This team is going nowhere right now so my inclination would be to get the QB. Good QB's are tough to find as we experienced recently trying to find one.

New stadium, star QB could be a nice combination.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard