Media Reacts to Game 1

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who wish to revel in our first finals victory.

Skip Bayless says the Bucks would have won without Giannis :p

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For those who wish to revel in our first finals victory.

Skip Bayless says the Bucks would have won without Giannis :p

Completely ignorant of actual facts. Suns defenders doubled Giannis almost every time he came into the paint, giving easier looks for the rest of his team.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely ignorant of actual facts. Suns defenders doubled Giannis almost every time he came into the paint, giving easier looks for the rest of his team.

Correct. He also basically uses the Hawks as the example of how much better the team played without Giannis, which completely discounts how much better the Suns defense is.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
after last nights win
Shannon says Suns win in Six
Skip says Suns sweep

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
after last nights win
Shannon says Suns win in Six
Skip says Suns sweep

Skip is such a punk. He was basically predicting the Bucks would win the series before last night, now all the sudden the Suns will sweep?

I don't even think that, even though I know the Suns are the better team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's funny that the consistent narrative year in and year out is that the Western Conference is just better than the Eastern Conference, and yet the Suns don't get that benefit of the doubt.

The Suns were better than the Bucks in the regular season AND swept them. That to me means the Suns should be heavily favored to win. Additionally, add in the fact that the Suns have had to beat some really good teams, and they mostly won convincingly. The Bucks struggled with a good, but not great Atlanta team. It's just completely ignorant not to think the Suns should be heavy favorites.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Correct. He also basically uses the Hawks as the example of how much better the team played without Giannis, which completely discounts how much better the Suns defense is.
Trae being out or actively hurt and having zero other guys that can credibly initiate is why the Bucks won those games without Giannis. We sweep them by 20ppg if Giannis can’t go.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly, the only big surprise has been the lack of fouling.

Ayton was always the prototype for playoff big: can’t be played off the floor on defense and plays a very low variance style of offense. The Suns’ offense generally is just way tighter and he benefits from the fact that teams are keyed on stopping Paul and Booker and the shooters so much more than in the regular season. It is similar to how Jamal Murray got so much cleaner looks with so much defensive attention on stopping Joker last playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And the fact that they played that hawks team without the stick that stirs the drink. “He looked fine to me” about young in game 6 - bayless, you’ve obviously never watched young play when healthy. Because if you had you’re nothing but a lying screen chump.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tim Legler and SVP break down the film

Legs is a great analyst. And I agree with him - you don’t have to go over every screen. We do and it seems to put Ayton in a compromised position all the time. I get it against great shooters, but against every guard? Why go over the screen against holiday?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton not getting enough credit. He was as important as CP3 in the game last night, and in most games in these playoffs. We can some games without Paul, I am not sure we win any without Ayton.
Yeah for bayless to say Ayton got 22 by accident is stupid. Take a look at his work all playoffs.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It will take years for the Suns to get any credit which is ridiculous but the national media never thinks an of the AZ teams deserve it. Suns have sucked for over 10 years but each year is different and the media needs to understand that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ayton not getting enough credit. He was as important as CP3 in the game last night, and in most games in these playoffs. We can some games without Paul, I am not sure we win any without Ayton.
I've been part of the "have patience with Ayton" camp and I'm pretty happy with how things are working out with him. He seems to be growing with every game.

I love that he still gets points even though the team rarely looks for him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The issue with Legs’ analysis is that there are two clear downsides to fighting over screens:
1. You pick up fouls (CP and Book are elite at drawing fouls on trail)
2. You force help from the corners while the trail defender is getting back into guarding position, that allows for lightly contested corner threes OR hard close outs that can be attacked.

I would like to see our three guard lineup more if Bucks switch to trail technique. Payne and Booker will abuse hard close outs.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Legs is a great analyst. And I agree with him - you don’t have to go over every screen. We do and it seems to put Ayton in a compromised position all the time. I get it against great shooters, but against every guard? Why go over the screen against holiday?
We're just extremely lucky to not get burned by it worse than we did last series IMO. I have a feeling we won't nearly have the amount of issues with it the rest of this series against the Buck's..

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We're just extremely lucky to not get burned by it worse than we did last series IMO. I have a feeling we won't nearly have the amount of issues with it the rest of this series against the Buck's..
I think we have a couple guys (Booker/Mikel) that have extremely quick feet and can get around screens faster than you would normally expect. At least, that's what I've noticed anyway. It also helps that Ayton can cover guards on a switch. That is a HUGELY underrated skill he has.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Skip could grow crops with all those he's still shedding for the Clippers. Plus he misses his bestie Lebron. I heard Lebron hand feeds him a gummy bear everytime Skip praises him on TV.