MCU: Moon Knight (Disney+)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the style/feel they going for. I'm glad they're filling us in slowly and they're doing a great job of putting us in his head and conveying what it might be like to experience this kind of disorder. Isaac was a great choice, IMO.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I really like the style/feel they going for. I'm glad they're filling us in slowly and they're doing a great job of putting us in his head and conveying what it might be like to experience this kind of disorder. Isaac was a great choice, IMO.

What's funny is, Steven is NOT the main identity, Marc is. Marc is the one that Khonshu struck a bargain with. Well, at least in the comics.

But they chose to start us with Steven's perspective so we can feel the chaos he feels moving forward.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's funny is, Steven is NOT the main identity, Marc is. Marc is the one that Khonshu struck a bargain with. Well, at least in the comics.

But they chose to start us with Steven's perspective so we can feel the chaos he feels moving forward.

I need to look up a graphic novel collection of Moon Knight because when I was buying comics in the 80's, my book store was incredibly unreliable in getting every issue even though I was begging for them every week. I guess that $0.60 sale wasn't a huge priority for them!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first minute I was like "Wow is this Disney?"
Well they did add the Netflix Marvel shows already. It's clear Disney is trying to have a more diversified audience. They also added Password protection to profiles so you can separate content by profile age now.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched episode one last night, having no prior knowledge or familiarity with Moon Knight. I have no idea what is going on. They should have an explainer episode for ignorant people like me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I watched episode one last night, having no prior knowledge or familiarity with Moon Knight. I have no idea what is going on. They should have an explainer episode for ignorant people like me.
I would suspect they’ll explain in bits and pieces as it progresses.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Episode 5 Might be the Best single tv show episode in years.

Love the weirdness of this serie

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It was decent. Some yawn-worthy stuff. Some eye-rolling stuff. Some really cool stuff. Unfortunately, it looks formulaic, like they'll just do the same thing every season.

Stout

Reaction score
Have no clue what you mean by that.
Without going into spoilers, the whole first season was about resolving the central conflict between the two "main characters." It was a schtick, interesting at times, annoying at others. And, now that that schtick is over, they went and...set up the same kind of schtick which will be the same central conflict in the next season, just between three "main characters" this time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without going into spoilers, the whole first season was about resolving the central conflict between the two "main characters." It was a schtick, interesting at times, annoying at others. And, now that that schtick is over, they went and...set up the same kind of schtick which will be the same central conflict in the next season, just between three "main characters" this time.
That’s what I mean. You have no idea what they are going to do in the next season. The central idea of the character is exploring his other personalities while interwoven Egyptian lore. That doesn’t mean same Schlick.

Stout

Reaction score
That’s what I mean. You have no idea what they are going to do in the next season. The central idea of the character is exploring his other personalities while interwoven Egyptian lore. That doesn’t mean same Schlick.
It just feels like every season they're just going to add another personality, rinse, wash, repeat. That, to me, makes it a schtick. I shouldn't have characterized it as a schtick for the first season, because it was the first season and all.

I mean, if it's just going to be the same story line but with more personalities every season, color me bored.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It just feels like every season they're just going to add another personality, rinse, wash, repeat. That, to me, makes it a schtick. I shouldn't have characterized it as a schtick for the first season, because it was the first season and all.

I mean, if it's just going to be the same story line but with more personalities every season, color me bored.
There’s only been one season of only a few episodes. Where did you come up with “feels like every season they’re just going to add another personality”?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is the character though. That is the character in the comics. That’s not schtick. You may have an issue with the very foundation of the character than. That’s different.
They are not going to keep doing it each season unless they diverge really far from the comics. This new one should be the last one if I remember correctly (4 total).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That is the character though. That is the character in the comics. That’s not schtick. You may have an issue with the very foundation of the character than. That’s different.
They are not going to keep doing it each season unless they diverge really far from the comics. This new one should be the last one if I remember correctly.
And if they are going to introduce him into the MCU, they can’t focus on multiple personalities all the time.

This is Marvel trying to figure out who their next Avengers are going to be (whether they are called that or not).