MCU: Daredevil: Born Again (Disney+)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They recast Elektra so I imagine it will be a multi verse thing. That would also allow them to bring back in Ben Urich.
It could have been an availability thing. She has her own show now but that is my guess since the title is "Born Again".

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vincent D'Onofrio confirmed its the same Kingpin from Hawkeye also. I haven't seen that series yet but that might help explain the multi verse/continuation sort of stuff.

It's the same Daredevil from Spiderman as well then. It's the same universe. So, the title is a little confusing to say the least.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could have been an availability thing. She has her own show now but that is my guess since the title is "Born Again".

Born Again is also a popular comic storyline so I didn't read too much into that one way or the other. Marvel likes using familiar titles from the comics whether they're adaptations or not.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Born Again is also a popular comic storyline so I didn't read too much into that one way or the other. Marvel likes using familiar titles from the comics whether they're adaptations or not.
I don't recall. Does Kingpin reference Daredevil at all in Hawkeye? I don't recall. If not? Maybe the character we had seen in Spiderman isn't actually Daredevil yet in this verse? That could be plausible and play into the "Born Again".

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Where did they announce that they re-cast Elektra?

Town Drunk

Reaction score
I saw some reports from the Comic Con coverage. I can't find it now but I'm fairly certain Eiza Gonzalez was named the new Elektra.
Here’s what I found about the cast:

Charlie Cox returns as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, as does Vincent D’Onofrio in his role as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin. They’re also the first two Daredevil characters to pop up in the MCU after the series’ cancellation (Cox in Spider-Man: No Way Home and D’Onofrio in Hawkeye). Between now and Born Again’s premiere, Cox will appear in She-Hulk: Attorney at Law this fall. And in 2023, both Cox and D’Onofrio will have a role to play in the Disney+ series Echo.

As for the rest of the cast from Netflix’s Daredevil series, their involvement remains unknown. Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), Elodie Yung (Elektra), Wilson Bethel (Bullseye), etc. — any of them could come back, but no announcement has been made yet.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I found about the cast:

Charlie Cox returns as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, as does Vincent D’Onofrio in his role as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin. They’re also the first two Daredevil characters to pop up in the MCU after the series’ cancellation (Cox in Spider-Man: No Way Home and D’Onofrio in Hawkeye). Between now and Born Again’s premiere, Cox will appear in She-Hulk: Attorney at Law this fall. And in 2023, both Cox and D’Onofrio will have a role to play in the Disney+ series Echo.

As for the rest of the cast from Netflix’s Daredevil series, their involvement remains unknown. Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), Elodie Yung (Elektra), Wilson Bethel (Bullseye), etc. — any of them could come back, but no announcement has been made yet.

I really hope Foggy comes back. Karen would be awesome too.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Normally I would say boooooo. However, as I understand it, the rights are still complicated with the original show creators. Plus, they have confirmed that those Netflix shows didn't take place in the current MCU universe. The Matt Murdock we had seen in Spiderman was confirmed not the same one.

Considering all of that, I am not sure what choice Disney had. Fans loved the cast of those Netflix shows so why not take advantage as you introduce the multiverse?! This is slightly different then ignoring what came before it (true reboot) because you are using the same cast from those shows. I loved Charlie Cox and Krysten Ritter. If the writing is good? Sign me up.

Last edited:

Town Drunk

Reaction score
I’ll watch it because I like the character. But that Netflix series was really good. Seems a shame to essentially waste it.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose