MCU: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skimming the reviews, None of those issues seem to be the problems people have with the movie.

I’ll prob wait till it hits Disney + like I have most of this new wave outside Spidey No Way Home. Marvel movies have just been super lackluster post Endgame. And I’m not surprised. That was a towering achievement in cinema history to pull off a 20 movie long franchise. There was kinda nowhere to go but down after.

The inverse between critic and audience is holding strong. Trying to think of another movie like this. My friends who have all seen it really liked it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Skimming the reviews, None of those issues seem to be the problems people have with the movie.

I’ll prob wait till it hits Disney + like I have most of this new wave outside Spidey No Way Home. Marvel movies have just been super lackluster post Endgame. And I’m not surprised. That was a towering achievement in cinema history to pull off a 20 movie long franchise. There was kinda nowhere to go but down after.
Yeah, even Endgame was a down movie for me after Infinity War, that was my peak. Phase 3 as a whole is when it started slipping a bit for me and when I started my burn out on the MCU formula.

You right on the nowhere to go but down after Endgame. I thought Feige should have done a mike drop at it and road off with that major win. It's going to be hard to top it and almost anything that followed would be a down round for his image.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The inverse between critic and audience is holding strong. Trying to think of another movie like this. My friends who have all seen it really liked it.

I don't trust early audience on MCU movies due to the marvelstans that run out opening day and gush over everything. We saw it with almost all of the phase 4 movies where they had the huge spike to start due to them but then things settle down with the general audience. What I've heard so far is that the first 1/3 is great and then it gets messy for the rest of the movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man... that is a wide range. I'm a big Jonathan Majors fan and Marvel definitely needs a new Big Bad to tie the world together so if he's that good in this, I'll bring dig it for no other reason than that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this... Marvel losing it's shine could be a silver lining to the revitalization of actual cinema. I'm pretty damn tired of these movies, especially with a lot of them being lackluster and if the box office starts slowing down along with audience appreciation, maybe some of these actors will actually be forced to ACT again in interesting projects.

Losing an entire decade of Downey's prime to Marvel kinda sucks in the grand scheme of things. He's a DeNiro level talent that went for box office gold instead of Oscar gold. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Nolan's Oppenheimer this summer.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... that is a wide range. I'm a big Jonathan Majors fan and Marvel definitely needs a new Big Bad to tie the world together so if he's that good in this, I'll bring dig it for no other reason than that.

I did a quick check and the only movie like this was the original Mummy. Critics hated that.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this... Marvel losing it's shine could be a silver lining to the revitalization of actual cinema. I'm pretty damn tired of these movies, especially with a lot of them being lackluster and if the box office starts slowing down along with audience appreciation, maybe some of these actors will actually be forced to ACT again in interesting projects.

Losing an entire decade of Downey's prime to Marvel kinda sucks in the grand scheme of things. He's a DeNiro level talent that went for box office gold instead of Oscar gold. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Nolan's Oppenheimer this summer.

And don't forget Sherlock Holmes (I actually liked the first one)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And don't forget Sherlock Holmes (I actually liked the first one)
yup. I mean, I get it... get that bag. But he's got plenty of bags at this point. Now I want to see him actually maximize his talent like the greats of yore! Yore, damnit, YORE!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Nice, I didn't realize he was in Oppenheimer. That's another plus for it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, I didn't realize he was in Oppenheimer. That's another plus for it.
Same. We just saw the latest trailer before Marlowe the other night and it was so Murphy-centric that you aren't really aware of the other cast members. Also has Matt Damon and Emily Blunt in it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. We just saw the latest trailer before Marlowe the other night and it was so Murphy-centric that you aren't really aware of the other cast members. Also has Matt Damon and Emily Blunt in it.
The cast is really outrageous. A who's who of Hollywood.

any of you guys ever see Zodiac? Man, Downey was great in that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like if this is actually bad, the box office doesn’t know it. The rare franchise is that leveled up it’s original opening weekend AND then levels up from the sequel as well, coming in at 100 million for the 3 day (possible 115-125 million 4 day) versus 76 million 3 day for AntMan 2.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Well, looks like if this is actually bad, the box office doesn’t know it. The rare franchise is that leveled up it’s original opening weekend AND then levels up from the sequel as well, coming in at 100 million for the 3 day (possible 115-125 million 4 day) versus 76 million 3 day for AntMan 2.

It's MCU opening weekend. It'll do big numbers just due to the franchise. What's telling with it is how much of a drop we get after it. Most of the phase 4 movies had big opening weekends and then under performed after it. They didn't have the legs that they used to.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took my kid yesterday afternoon and we both loved it!

My 14 year olds reaction walking out, "That's what Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness wanted to be!"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Took my kid yesterday afternoon and we both loved it!

My 14 year olds reaction walking out, "That's what Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness wanted to be!"
Wow. Um, no. That's what DSitMoM actually was.

And now I've argued by proxy with a 14 year old over a Marvel movie on the internet. I have reached an all time low lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Um, no. That's what DSitMoM actually was.

And now I've argued by proxy with a 14 year old over a Marvel movie on the internet. I have reached an all time low lol
Did you see this, and if so, how did Kang strike you this time?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up to 5,000 Audience reviews same score

Attachments

• 1676841859767.png
    1676841859767.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 1

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trust the audience, it was a good flick.

The first post-credit scene was pretty much straight from the comics and the second was a great hint of Loki S2.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Did you see this, and if so, how did Kang strike you this time?
Kang was better. It wasn't a single fifteen-minute mustache-twirling scene this time. Still think the writers massively let him down, especially considering all the cringeworthy back story, but better. He's well acted. I'm getting the feeling they're going to suck using him as a villain in this phase, and that this phase very much isn't for me, but he was better in this. One of these days we'll actually get a character motivation. Or not.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I think I'm done with the MCU except for Guardians 3 after this. The movies just don't work for me anymore. Spiderman was the only thing in phase 4 that I cared for and most of phase 3 was average with 3 really good movies and a huge dud. The rest of phase 5 doesn't excite either. I can't get worked up for Captain Marvel 2 later in the year, assuming it doesn't get pushed back for the 5th time. They're just not giving me the feelings that the movies in phase 1 and 2 did. So I'm thinking that it's best for me to move on and just cherry pick the film here or there.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm done with the MCU except for Guardians 3 after this. The movies just don't work for me anymore. Spiderman was the only thing in phase 4 that I cared for and most of phase 3 was average with 3 really good movies and a huge dud. The rest of phase 5 doesn't excite either. I can't get worked up for Captain Marvel 2 later in the year, assuming it doesn't get pushed back for the 5th time. They're just not giving me the feelings that the movies in phase 1 and 2 did. So I'm thinking that it's best for me to move on and just cherry pick the film here or there.

Shang Chi was awesome

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose