McCarthy to Browns

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Per Bob McManaman on Twitter.
If true, he would be a fool to not take that job ASAP with all that talent on both sides of the ball. The Browns are soooo close to SB contenders because they finally got their QB!!!

Comparing the Cards & Brownies talent at this point on both sides of the ball is night & day.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Pretty sad when you go how many years being the laughing stock of the NFL to include 0-16 last year, to a better team outlook than our Cards under Keim and Wilks leadership.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Shows how fast something can turn around though. Some key free agents and a few top draft picks.
Big difference is they’ve been building & stock piling picks for 3-4 years now. We’re at rock bottom & year 1 of the process.

Now if Rosen is on par with Baker the Touchdown Maker in the next 2 years that changes things.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If true, he would be a fool to not take that job ASAP with all that talent on both sides of the ball. The Browns are soooo close to SB contenders because they finally got their QB!!!

Comparing the Cards & Brownies talent at this point on both sides of the ball is night & day.
I disagree with the Browns being close to SB contenders. The NFL comes at you quickly. The game vs the Ravens was not close today despite the score.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure this is set in stone, why would Bob McManaman of all people be the one to break this?

EDIT: It is definitely NOT set in stone.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

They have had a decade of top 3 picks and they still didn’t make the playoffs in a league where worst to first is doable IN A YEAR. But good luck to MM

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't trade the Cardinals last 10 years, for the Browns last 10 years...

Ask me again IF the Browns win a SB in the next half decade, Maybe I'll have a different opinion.

The Browns have had the pick of the litter from the draft for......forever, I can barely muster a golf clap for their (still) sub .500 season.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I disagree with the Browns being close to SB contenders. The NFL comes at you quickly. The game vs the Ravens was not close today despite the score.
That’s cool we shall see. So a big comeback & throwing the ball all over the field against a tough Ravens D doesn’t count? Lol

I think what’s makes them contenders is that Stealers are at the end with no apparent QBOTF, the Bugles are the Bungles & the Ravens are hoping on LJ becoming a better passer. The Bolts & Pats are at the end with Rivers & the Goat as well. The AFC is fast changing & will look so much different very very shortly.

Mayfield is a freaking stud & only going to get better. Brownies are loaded & on the verge, and a very attractive gig for a new HC. If they somehow land Lincoln Riley, watch out Chop lol

Buckybird

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't trade the Cardinals last 10 years, for the Browns last 10 years...

Ask me again IF the Browns win a SB in the next half decade, Maybe I'll have a different opinion.

The Browns have had the pick of the litter from the draft for......forever, I can barely muster a golf clap for their (still) sub .500 season.
But I’d bet you would trade the entire Browns roster for the Cards roster right this second :lol:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BidWill is going to be the Grinch for all Cardinal fans this season and going to retain Wilks.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I think Bob is FOS. First he says McCarty to Browns then 10 mins later says we'll find out in 48 hrs if McCarthy goes Cardinals

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/30/report-browns-contact-mike-mccarthy/

The Browns have contacted Mike McCarthy about their head coaching vacancy, John Kryk of The Toronto Sun reports.

The Browns’ reported interest in McCarthy is not surprising. Browns General Manager John Dorsey and McCarthy worked together for seven years in Green Bay before Dorsey left to become the G.M. in Kansas City.

Browns assistant G.M. Eliot Wolf and vice president of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith also were in Green Bay with McCarthy.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bob McManaman might literally be the dumbest sports journalist in the Valley.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Would the Browns interrupting what has been so successful recently be a typical Browns move? Aren't they 5-2 since Williams took over and ascending? If it were me, I'd have a hard time blowing that up because something on paper looks better.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sad when you go how many years being the laughing stock of the NFL to include 0-16 last year, to a better team outlook than our Cards under Keim and Wilks leadership.
In reality they won 1 game over 2 seasons. 1-31 ain't much better. I believe they're above .500 if he started all season.